Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TragicNumberOne

What Kind Of Guild Support Do You Think Crowfall Needs?

I think the alliance thing is a great idea. Lots of games have guilds form alliances. Make for larger wars probably IMO.

It will also allow smaller guilds to maintain their personality while being part of the bigger picture. Honestly a must for a game like this.

Edited by Adall

Guild support? Let the politics play out. Take your chances.Guild support should be basic menu options: Invite, kick, Inner council, Alliances,  Ally/enemy/neutral tags, add group etc.

Every other aspect should be run through independant VOIP or guild forum. No need to over think this.

uh, no. I'd love to have an ingame calendar, robust UI for last login, multiple gkicks (to remove inactive player, though this can be abused), a great MOTD, Guild advertisement (posting a link in chat to your guild info page), Guild achievements, easy way to add/rename ranks, easy rank selection, Guild banks (with rolls to support gbanks).

Having something like a Guild Family Tree (similar to the Vassals image). 

Officers could be sectioned off such as Archetype specific, Crafting, etc. With members under said group being shown below that Officer. Multi-Officer positions would be shared similar to Mother/Father in a family tree.

I'd like to see up to 3 Guild Leaders!  Then you could vote someone out of position!

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I'm not sure an alliance mechanism exists that doesn't result in mega-alliance stagnation problems.

People are risk averse.  Losing $100 is disproportionally more painful than the satisfaction of winning $100.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Only ONE guild per ACCOUNT. The ability to 'rate' a guild which would result in a "reputation" statistic. Of course, this would need to be a robust system that allows players to get a general idea of the kind of guild it is. One with protections against gaming by cross-guild 'upvotes' and things of that nature.

A flexible ranking system, and maybe even a system where the guild can generate Out-Of-Game emails to members who register their email address with the guild (hidden from the guild members if desired).

An in-game text forums system and screenshot bank so members can upload their screenshots and browse through the guild collection... IN GAME. Maybe even short video clips?! Maybe we could even have 'tvs' on the wall where guild members could create slideshows of pictures and/or video's that everyone could see.

Lot's of room for cool stuff in 2015 MMO's!

eEvERiW.jpg

I want guilds to be able to fight for positions.. Screw alliences. If I am strong enough, I want to be able to kill my leader and take his spot... This is a GoT simulator afterall.

the issue with that is administrative. it sucks for people to not be under the leader they want(administrative leader, not in-game leader.  I am OK with hostile take-overs that forces vassalage. Administrative take-overs, that is just hogwash(think EVE))

I feel like in a game like Crowfall, guild support is going to be one of the most important things Artcraft works on.  I am part of a gaming organization and we had over 1000 active members playing in game during Archeage. Though my primary responsibility was as the PVP The Training Officer, I was responsible for every aspect of guild Leadership. This included and was not limited to : Launch day PLANO's, Farm diagrams (took an entire zone worth of farms... large diagram -_- ) , making a calendar, General mechanic Guides, monitor guild chests, and running several hundred man raids, running other events, developing/teaching/wrighting pvp/pve tactics and guides, developing pvp patrol schedules, farming schedules, developed rules of engagement ... so on so forth.

The fact is Archeage has no guild support. NONE and I have seen it break guilds apart. The tools in Crowfall for guild management should be meaning, powerful and in depth. When ALL of the content is player driven this makes that even more true. I don't think the standard Guild UI is gonna cut it.

**That being said I have full confident in our developers :) **

^^ this... just this

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I'd love the website to have a guild section (not just a tread) kinda like what Star Citizen has going on for organizations. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/orgs

I don't want any of that... I hate having guilds pre-game. I would like the community to form naturally.(I have a guild in an other game, I would gain from having pre-guilds, I still don't want it)

Not really. If you get a mole in your ranks that high, that's your own bad luck. Reconsider your community's parameters for access to such mechanics

It would be best to avoid the possibility altogether...

Usually developers do last minute Guild support (UI, ranks, etc). Like guilds are an afterthought of sorts.

Guilds are that, Guilds. They are not corporations (which can have paid leadership).  Though I agree that a Bad GL should be kicked but who's to say the Guild members aren't just posting.

Guilds are sort of like democracy where you vote with your presence. if you don't like the GL, remove yourself and find someone else you like. The possibility of munity can be exploited (troll makes tons of dud accounts to influence votes etc.). Let mutiny happen naturally by having people leave, not by stealing the guild away.

uh, no. I'd love to have an ingame calendar, robust UI for last login, multiple gkicks (to remove inactive player, though this can be abused), a great MOTD, Guild advertisement (posting a link in chat to your guild info page), Guild achievements, easy way to add/rename ranks, easy rank selection, Guild banks (with rolls to support gbanks).

Having something like a Guild Family Tree (similar to the Vassals image). 

Officers could be sectioned off such as Archetype specific, Crafting, etc. With members under said group being shown below that Officer. Multi-Officer positions would be shared similar to Mother/Father in a family tree.

I'd like to see up to 3 Guild Leaders!  Then you could vote someone out of position!

agree with everything except for the voting... as I have said earlier, highly exploitable, and even if it was not exploitable... that is someone's work you are destroying! Even if you are a bad GL, to have all of your work destroyed by a few people... that is...just awful.(plus if you are getting voted out, those people should leave the guild, not take it over and ruin it for someone else)

(sorry I took so many spaces to respond to everything, doing it in one post would have made for a looooooonnnggggg post)

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Guild leaders must have a robust and flexible set of tools available to manage the guild.  Too many games go with just a bare bones guild system that is incredibly frustrating to try to manage a guild with.

It will also allow smaller guilds to maintain their personality while being part of the bigger picture. Honestly a must for a game like this.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a formal alliance system.  Just as the guilds need a robust set of tools available, so too will the alliances need a similar set of tools at the alliance level.  Alliances of smaller guilds would then be able to compete against the larger zerg guilds.

Also alliances could be created on a per-campaign basis.  Guilds ally with one another for one campaign, but then may leave afterwards to join another alliance in a new campaign.  Or alliances that work particularly well could end up choosing to stay in the alliance for multiple campaigns.

This discussion is a really important one to have and something that I want to cover on our podcast Crowns and Crows.  We usually have at least one rep from the dev team, so maybe we can put this in in the next week or two!

Edited by valor

This is what I would like to see;

Guild Leadership Tools

* Guild Member History

* Different types of Guild Hierachy (ie, Autocraftic, Inner Council, Democraftic)

* Ability to set different recruitment options (open, vouched, invite only, closed)

* Designate "Campaign Commander" (ie sub-guild leader for a specific campaign).

Guild Diplomatic Tools

* Ability to sub to other guilds (Nations)

* Ability to designate other guilds as Allied, Friendly, Neutral, Suspicious, Hostile (with a visual representation in-game). 

* Ability to declare war and peace

* Ability to form trade routes (Caravans)

Guild Organisational Tools

* Guild Shared EK's

* Member Roster

* Ability to see what members are in which campiagn

* Guild Storage (with deposit / withdraw settings)

* Officer Storage

Guild Custom Ranks and Roles

* Customisable Rank Names

* Role- Invite Member

* Role- Promote Member

* Role- Kick Member

* Role- Edit Roles and Ranks

* Role- Add Maintenance to Guild Structure

* Role- Place Guild Structure

* Role- Administer Guild Structure

* Role- Modify Diplomatic Relations

* Role- Declare War

* Role- Access to Officer Storage

* Role- Deposit to Guild Storage

* Role- Withdraw from Guild Storage

I'm sure I will think of more things in the future.

Edited by M0rdred

This discussion is a really important one to have and something that I want to cover on our podcast Crowns and Crows.  We usually have at least one rep from the dev team, so maybe we can put this in in the next week or two!

That is awesome to hear, if you can talk to them PLEASE EMPHISIS THE ADMINISTRATION LOG!!! we must have that as guild infiltration is just... an awful thing to happen in games, and this game will encourage infiltration due to guild rivalries (make sure the log has a re-invite kicked players option)

* Role- Invite Member

* Role- Promote Member

* Role- Kick Member

* Role- Declare War

Instead of roles, what I like is what the Planetside 2 outfits do. The leader can create up to 5 ranks, and each rank has checkboxes, each with its own permission. So I can make rank 1 have nothing. Then rank 2 has the ability to invite people. Then 3 can invite and then kick people... etc.

other then that... I agree 100%(I have some guild running experience from PlanetSide 2 if that validates me any further)

Instead of roles, what I like is what the Planetside 2 outfits do. The leader can create up to 5 ranks, and each rank has checkboxes, each with its own permission. So I can make rank 1 have nothing. Then rank 2 has the ability to invite people. Then 3 can invite and then kick people... etc.

other then that... I agree 100%(I have some guild running experience from PlanetSide 2 if that validates me any further)

Guild roles are basically the same as the check box system, and most versions that i've seen do indeed use them. With the custom ranks you can pick and choose from those roles and assign them accordingly.

Guild Leadership Tools

* Guild Member History

* Different types of Guild Hierachy (ie, Autocraftic, Inner Council, Democraftic)

* Ability to set different recruitment options (open, vouched, invite only, closed)

* Designate "Campaign Commander" (ie sub-guild leader for a specific campaign).

Guild Diplomatic Tools

* Ability to sub to other guilds (Nations)

* Ability to designate other guilds as Allied, Friendly, Neutral, Suspicious, Hostile (with a visual representation in-game). 

* Ability to declare war and peace

* Ability to form trade routes (Caravans)

Guild Organisational Tools

* Guild Shared EK's

* Member Roster

* Ability to see what members are in which campiagn

* Guild Storage (with deposit / withdraw settings)

* Officer Storage

* Role- Invite Member

* Role- Promote Member

* Role- Kick Member

* Role- Declare War

I'm not convinced that caravans are (or should be) automated features that are defined passively in a way that would require administration. The layout for them seems to be closer to Archeage or EVE style hauling. You have a vehicle with a large box in it you fill up with stuff, and someone has to drive it.

In this case a storage permission for wherever you keep the vehicle, and wherever you keep your resources would be sufficient, with possibly a more granular approach to treat the caravan itself as a separate container with its own permissions (so if a spy wanted to rob your caravan midway he'd have to actually destroy it like any other bandit)

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Guild roles are basically the same as the check box system, and most versions that i've seen do indeed use them. With the custom ranks you can pick and choose from those roles and assign them accordingly.

The difference is consolidation, I would rather see "rank 12" next to someone's name, instead of "marketer, banker, depositor, administrator, 3 more things..."