Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tierless

Tell Me More Of These...caravans.

Since we are 50k away, and will hit that SG within a few days anyway, hows about a little info to motivate some of us to upgrade and make that happen that much sooner.  ;)

This is not a feature to take lightly. All things PVP can spawn from caravans in a world with rare, regional, necessary resources. This is a fact. Simply check the histroy books. Where trade routes went, PVP followed.

I role play a wordsmith.

Crafter who needs to transport huge amount of copper and silver from the safety of their bank to another town and hire mercenaries to protect the cargo...

Thieves who plan an ambush on a group of helpless players who attempt to bring their items to the Summoning Circle so they can put them in the Embargo Vault...

Large convoys of military forces with soldiers, horses and siege weapons, called to defend a contested territory...

Caravans haul things worth $$$, bandits come to steal it, mercs get hired to protect it, port cities get built to ship the resources and get rich doing so, hordes come to raid cities, armies come to protect cities, (in a perfect world) ships haul good accross seas, pirates come to steal the cargo, rinse and repeat. I love it. I'm surprised more MMOs havent figured out the power of a proper hauling/trade route system. I suppose scale is the main issue. You have to have a big game, big enough for regional markets and goods for it to work.

I role play a wordsmith.

ye i mentioned this a few times already,logistics are a must for a game that revolves around crafting,trading and PvP.

you all mentioned already why that is the case so i will just let it stand like this,without posting a wall of text

ye i mentioned this a few times already,logistics are a must for a game that revolves around crafting,trading and PvP.

you all mentioned already why that is the case so i will just let it stand like this,without posting a wall of text

Please, wall of texts welcome. I love hauling theory and wish more devs realized its potential.

I role play a wordsmith.

Looks like we get hauling and packa pigs nigh the same time.

Which as I understand them are more of a backpack pet. Still, rather rad.

mael4.jpg

We're already sitting on 1,284,401. We'll be seeing the stretch goal fulfilled today or tomorrow. Caravans are definitely a milestone worth reaching. Particularly critical to the way of life of the trading and crafting communities.

As someone who plays a full-loot PVP MMO with caravans, I`m wondering the following things:

1. Will Caravan carts be lockable containers or simply open-backed, as shown in the concept art?
  2. Can carts be ridden, either by passengers or the driver, or are they led?
  3. Is it possible for the animals to be unhitched from a cart?
  4. Do carts have ownership features, or can just anyone manage, open and drive them?

In the other game I mentioned, carts do not only act as a focus for PvP when used as part of a caravan to haul heavy goods and materials - including ammunition for siege engines - but they are directly used in pvp as conveyances, almost like chariots. The answers to the above questions will determine if that will be the case in Crowfall as well. :)

Caravans haul things worth $$$, bandits come to steal it, mercs get hired to protect it, port cities get built to ship the resources and get rich doing so, hordes come to raid cities, armies come to protect cities, (in a perfect world) ships haul good accross seas, pirates come to steal the cargo, rinse and repeat. I love it. I'm surprised more MMOs havent figured out the power of a proper hauling/trade route system. I suppose scale is the main issue. You have to have a big game, big enough for regional markets and goods for it to work.

Yeah the possibilities are absolutely exciting! We'll get sea hauling as an expansion later on perhaps. :)

Member of The BlackHand Order

Yeah the possibilities are absolutely exciting! We'll get sea hauling as an expansion later on perhaps. :)

Only if we can use Forgemasters as anchors

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015