Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

New Stretch Goal Is Oculus Rift And Htv Vibe Support.

I dunno. I honestly don't care that much as I will be playing on my PC like a normal person. It may be interesting it being on Oculus. May make some feel their death that much more.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I have also just learned I am 24 hours late to the party.

I am embarrassed for making this thread and will never log in after waking up at 2:30 again.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

honestly, I dont see the point of being negativ towards additional tech.

I am not going to use VR, but having it implemented is just another way to play the game for some people that like VR.

If VR support is enough for some people to back out from the KS; then maybe this game wasnt for you.

And I'm out from backing.

Good for you.

Stand up for your extreme view on VR in MMOs.

Now, tell me about your hatred towards remote controlled tvs

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Good for you.

Stand up for your extreme view on VR in MMOs.

Now, tell me about your hatred towards remote controlled tvs

who're you to tell him what to do with his money?

I might not agree with his decision, but it's not my place to tell him what he can spend his cash on and what he cannot.

If in his opinion the Devs don't have their priorities straight, then it's his decision and there's absolutely nothing YOU can do about it

honestly, I dont see the point of being negativ towards additional tech.

I am not going to use VR, but having it implemented is just another way to play the game for some people that like VR.

If VR support is enough for some people to back out from the KS; then maybe this game wasnt for you.

The difference here is that in my mind, with extremely limited resources Artcraft has, VR should be the last technology they should invest in, I'd much rather see a stretch goal that states "Improved server architecture and stability". In my mind, developers have prioritized in completely incorrect feature here, and I am raising my opinions the best way a consumer can possibly do so; not funding something I am in complete disagreement with. I am not funding a project which throws money on unnecessary feature which currently does not even possess a real market. Stating "this game isn't for me" is complete fanboyism on a level I am not even going to drag down to, I will still follow and test the game and raise my opinions and provide feedback, but I am not willing to hand them out money yet, I will however do so if Artcraft manages to convince me otherwise. 

Edited by nehemia

The difference here is that in my mind, with extremely limited resources Artcraft has, VR should be the last technology they should invest in, I'd much rather see a stretch goal that states "Improved server architecture and stability". In my mind, developers have prioritized in completely incorrect feature here, and I am raising my opinions the best way a consumer can possibly do so; not funding something I am in complete disagreement with. I am not funding a project which throws money on unnecessary feature which currently does not even possess a real market. Stating "this game isn't for me" is complete fanboyism on a level I am not even going to drag down to, I will still follow and test the game and raise my opinions and provide feedback, but I am not willing to hand them out money yet, I will however do so if Artcraft manages to convince me otherwise. 

I would agree with you, but ACE is using the Unity5 engine, which already has support for VR.. All they need to do basicly is flip a switch and its active.

My comment about "this game is not for you" was mainly because VR support alone is such a tiny part of the overall game, that if VR is the sole thing that would make you not support the game, then perhaps you were on the fence from the start.

VR is a non-issue for me, it takes almost no additional funds and resources to implement, and people dont have to use it if they dont want to.. Its an additional option to play the game, which is great.

who're you to tell him what to do with his money?

I might not agree with his decision, but it's not my place to tell him what he can spend his cash on and what he cannot.

If in his opinion the Devs don't have their priorities straight, then it's his decision and there's absolutely nothing YOU can do about it

Not trying to tell him what to do with his money, at all.

I am making fun at him.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Nehemia, I felt the same way about it honestly.  Feeling it was too big of an investment with what they have.  I wasn't willing to pull my pledge, but I did feel similarly.  Then I read this post...

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4824-thoughts-on-vr-support/?p=113955

Please go check it out.  While I still agree that I don't think it is a direction they should go, or would have preferred something else as a goal I feel much better about it now then I had initially.

[@--(o.O)@]

Nehemia, I felt the same way about it honestly.  Feeling it was too big of an investment with what they have.  I wasn't willing to pull my pledge, but I did feel similarly.  Then I read this post...

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4824-thoughts-on-vr-support/?p=113955

Please go check it out.  While I still agree that I don't think it is a direction they should go, or would have preferred something else as a goal I feel much better about it now then I had initially.

I had to run background checks on this, and there's a lot of discussion (particularly on Oculus Rift support on Unreal 4 vs. Unity) and there's statements that are in controversy to that reply, even though it brings forth some comfort. Yet there is a chance that the integration won't go smoothly. What if that is the scenario here? If they provide VR support, they will have to ensure it works as intended, which can turn into quite a sink of resources if something is to "happen with it". Now, the question is: To how many members of the current community VR support would be a must? Here's a good quote about it:

Unity's is pretty good, but it's not completely native (you need to import the OR package) and it tends to fall over when presented with screen-space effects. There's nothing like only seeing fog in one eye to give you a blinding Virtual Reality development headache :)

Knowing that when it's not completely native and may cause issues, does this community feel VR is a feature of importance that should be riskworthy to develop? Personally, if I was to decide, I'd leave the VR support out, not that I don't have anything against it, it's just that if it accidentally turns into a moneysink (which is unlikely, but still), I'd much rather have all that spent on something else.

Second thing I am not particularly happy about is that the further we go, the further the development appears to attempt to stretch itself, and typically when a game attempts to grow "too big" it falls flat. I do trust in the expertise of ACE in the matter, but it just starts getting worrysome in my mind.

I had to run background checks on this, and there's a lot of discussion (particularly on Oculus Rift support on Unreal 4 vs. Unity) and there's statements that are in controversy to that reply, even though it brings forth some comfort. Yet there is a chance that the integration won't go smoothly. What if that is the scenario here? If they provide VR support, they will have to ensure it works as intended, which can turn into quite a sink of resources if something is to "happen with it". Now, the question is: To how many members of the current community VR support would be a must? Here's a good quote about it:

Knowing that when it's not completely native and may cause issues, does this community feel VR is a feature of importance that should be riskworthy to develop? Personally, if I was to decide, I'd leave the VR support out, not that I don't have anything against it, it's just that if it accidentally turns into a moneysink (which is unlikely, but still), I'd much rather have all that spent on something else.

Second thing I am not particularly happy about is that the further we go, the further the development appears to attempt to stretch itself, and typically when a game attempts to grow "too big" it falls flat. I do trust in the expertise of ACE in the matter, but it just starts getting worrysome in my mind.

I sm sure they weren't expecting as much backup as they did, so I can imagine they are trying their best coming up with goals that wont put them behind schedule or drain unnecessary money.

If anything the goals are all pretty low key

I would agree with you, but ACE is using the Unity5 engine, which already has support for VR.. All they need to do basicly is flip a switch and its active.

i

If this statement were true, that it is "basically flip a switch", then why the need for a certain number of backers anyway?  Just flip the switch from the beginning.

Your statement tells me that any game utilizing Unity should always support Oculus Rift simply because it can.  There's no extra work to be done.

If they really are just trying to attract more people by claiming to "turn on" VR support, then Crowfall is diverting from their initial goals.  Those players should already be here because they want to Play2Crush.  VR should be fluff and activated from the start.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.