Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

Dropping this update now was smart. It's totally going to cause both a spike in interest, and a lot of people and guilds upgrading their pledges to the higher tiers, or pooling for higher tiers. Could cause a noticeable spike towards the end of the campaign.

If there isn't a way to take what the powerful EKs have from them, then we have an "Uncle Bob" scenario. The only way to avoid this inevitability would have been to ignore the EKs and only play in no import, clean-slate campaigns. This is no longer a viable option and everyone will need a fully functional EK in order to at least compete with the dominant EKs, by any means necessary.

Don't forget that the campaigns ALSO have Export rules. While we certainly need more information about how this In/Out system will work, it's not too much of a stretch to suggest that you can craft whatever you want near the end of a campaign, Export it directly into the Import of the next campaign. Skipping EK entirely. The Import rules apply equally to you, coming directly from a campaign, and me, coming from the EK.

eEvERiW.jpg

To those wanting EKs to have guild vs. guild PvP and such...

Isn't that the point of the Campaigns? You go through seasonal warfare. In the spring you collect resources, in the summer you build your fortifications and claim land, in the fall and winter you duke it out until there is a victor. Then you start all over again in a new campaign.

Why do EKs also need to have sieges and destruction?

Dropping this update now was smart. It's totally going to cause both a spike in interest, and a lot of people and guilds upgrading their pledges to the higher tiers, or pooling for higher tiers. Could cause a noticeable spike towards the end of the campaign.

Yeah, if one thing is for certain its that these guys are marketing geniuses.

Isn't that the point of the Campaigns? You go through seasonal warfare. In the spring you collect resources, in the summer you build your fortifications and claim land, in the fall and winter you duke it out until there is a victor. Then you start all over again in a new campaign.

I bring light, knowledge, law and peace the realms I conquer.  It's for your own good.  

So those guilds interested in Sieges and Destruction have a reason to buy and pay for land. Though, if they're selling us VIP tokens, that might not be required.

I hope you are right. Still makes me wonder though, why some guilds are willing to spend so much real life money on them. Either they are horribly mislead, or they understand what motivates the majority of the player base and have played games long enough to know how they work.

It may just be about backing the game. I know I've spent over 1200 dollars on star citizen, and most of that is one ships I didn't get any type of special promotion for (on Life Time Insurance), It was about backing the game/developer. Believing in the game and the developer. honestly I hope this blows up into something huge like SC.  :)

Because they provide benefits to Campaigns.

If the EK is just a lobby where you safely build upon your e-peen, then make it that. If that's somewhere that's going to provide benefits to your campaign strength, then there should be some risk to it.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

If the EK is just a lobby where you safely build upon your e-peen, then make it that. If that's somewhere that's going to provide benefits to your campaign strength, then there should be some risk to it.

Or at least the ability to force them to turn those boons off. I don't disagree with that.

Edited by M0rdred

You have to PvP to get it so theres your risk. Either win it as a reward or acquire resources to buy off other players.  Its also time limited so you have to re-acquire them through playing the game ie PvPing ie Risk.

Why? Why should there be risk to it? A character can't risk its skill progress. It can't level down or lose points. And yet the character provides a huge advantage in Campaigns. Why do EK's (minute) advantages need to be put on the line?

If everyone has them, then it's fair. And it sounds like they last only for a certain duration until they expire.

because campaigns are temporary in nature and you can never truly hurt a guild because of this. It's like winning a really long game of league, yea you won but who really cares? No one is worse off. Now, if you could raid your enemies EK and burn down the stuff he worked so hard for in those campaigns...that's real risk. That's the kind of pain I want to bring to my enemies.

Why? Why should there be risk to it? A character can't risk its skill progress. It can't level down or lose points. And yet the character provides a huge advantage in Campaigns. Why do EK's (minute) advantages need to be put on the line?

If everyone has them, then it's fair. And it sounds like they last only for a certain duration until they expire.

I actually wouldn't be against characters losing skills and progress.

I think that just highlights the difference in viewpoint.

I'll just say this: No one in this argument is objectively wrong. I have my own preferences and you have yours. I respect your view point, even if I disagree with it.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

because campaigns are temporary in nature and you can never truly hurt a guild because of this. It's like winning a really long game of league, yea you won but who really cares? No one is worse off. Now, if you could raid your enemies EK and burn down the stuff he worked so hard for in those campaigns...that's real risk. That's the kind of pain I want to bring to my enemies.

"listen, I know I can spend months on end burning down their castles, stealing their resources, making them lose so they get a tiny % of the resources they actually got to mine, and I can gank them at the embargo point. But what I really want to do, is make them lose sleep that I might siege their EK to the point where they quit the game. Because despite what Artcraft thinks, I will be Uncle Bob"

Fixed.

Oh I can already see the juicy taunts directed towards the guilds that refuse to put all their hard work on the line and the tears that will flow. Maybe not really the environment this game wants to foster, though? I have my hopes but also my doubts.