Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

"listen, I know I can spend months on end burning down their castles, stealing their resources, making them lose so they get a tiny % of the resources they actually got to mine, and I can gank them at the embargo point. But what I really want to do, is make them lose sleep that I might siege their EK to the point where they quit the game. Because despite what Artcraft thinks, I will be Uncle Bob"

Fixed.

This is kind of perfect and for some reason I can't stop laughing at it. Why do I find it so funny? My dogs think I am crazy. :)

Best post you've ever made.

Omg and now that one. What are you doing to me?!?

Edited by Mytherceria

"listen, I know I can spend months on end burning down their castles, stealing their resources, making them lose so they get a tiny % of the resources they actually got to mine, and I can gank them at the embargo point. But what I really want to do, is make them lose sleep that I might siege their EK to the point where they quit the game. Because despite what Artcraft thinks, I will be Uncle Bob"

Fixed.

I'm honestly surprised there is so much support for these carebear features based on the niche this game has been marketed towards. Whatever, you kids win. I'm done trying to convince you all why risk in EK is a good idea.

I'm honestly surprised there is so much support for these carebear features based on the niche this game has been marketed towards. Whatever, you kids win. I'm done trying to convince you all why risk in EK is a good idea.

YAY. WE DID IT DORA!

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I feel that some people argue for what they think would be best even though it would be a detriment to the game.  The problem is, some people just can't buy or believe that their way would be bad for the game.  People should ask themselves this, how many PvP games with player looting have flourished?  For this reason alone I'm on board with them trying something different.  If you allow players to invade others EKs and destroy / loot things.. all you're essentially doing it driving away some of the player base.  That's a fact, not an opinion.

I believe the EK's are a direct result of lessons learned from Shadowbane.  In SB guilds would spend a good chunk of time farming and building up their city.  Because of the amount of time and effort put into these cities and importance they had to a guild, people became very invested in them.  Attached.  Now, when you turn around and have someone take it away from them or burn it to the ground it can be very discouraging to some players.  A lot of players quit SB after loosing their city.  Think about how some players have difficulty with just loosing inventory loot.  Now times that by 100 when talking about a guild city.  So, what you try and do is direct that attachment to the EKs and the guild cities they may build there.  That way you lessen the chance of players quitting when they loose their base / castle / whatever in the campaigns.

So here's how I see it..

Eternal Kingdoms = player retention

People can disagree all they want but I'm more inclined to let them try something different then to sit here and ask for more of the same, which has done nothing but fail.

Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns.  But I'm willing to give their vision a try.

Because I'll be in a campaign and I could care less if they're roleplaying in the EK. If they win a campaign through pwning your face in the dirt, they deserve their 1% artifact that you wish you could go in and destroy later due to your butt hurt. If you don't want them to have their stupid artifact, then get good and prevent them from getting it in the first place.

Edit: boogiee's my hero.

Edited by headlight

I feel that some people argue for what they think would be best even though it would be a detriment to the game.  The problem is, some people just can't buy or believe that their way would be bad for the game.  People should ask themselves this, how many PvP games with player looting have flourished?  For this reason alone I'm on board with them trying something different.  If you allow players to invade others EKs and destroy / loot things.. all you're essentially doing it driving away some of the player base.  That's a fact, not an opinion.

I believe the EK's are a direct result of lessons learned from Shadowbane.  In SB guilds would spend a good chunk of time farming and building up their city.  Because of the amount of time and effort put into these cities and importance they had to a guild, people became very invested in them.  Attached.  Now, when you turn around and have someone take it away from them or burn it to the ground it can be very discouraging to some players.  A lot of players quit SB after loosing their city.  Think about how some players have difficulty with just loosing inventory loot.  Now times that by 100 when talking about a guild city.  So, what you try and do is direct that attachment to the EKs and the guild cities they may build there.  That way you lessen the chance of players quitting when they loose their base / castle / whatever in the campaigns.

So here's how I see it..

Eternal Kingdoms = player retention

People can disagree all they want but I'm more inclined to let them try something different then to sit here and ask for more of the same, which has done nothing but fail.

Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns.  But I'm willing to give their vision a try.

I don't know who you are or where you came from.

But I like you.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I love the bandwagon of EK carebears, hah.

Luckily for you guys, you're definitely getting it your way. We're just huffing and puffing, but nothing is obviously going to change over it.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

You're huffing and puffing about a puddle on the ground while ignoring the stream that feeds it and refusing to close the dam.

We've heard more about social constructs, land development, and building in the Eternal Kingdom than we have for Campaigns...what else are we supposed to talk about"?

I honestly think if they gave us actual details about the part of the game we should give a sh!t about, people would probably be less worried about where EK's fit in.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

We've heard more about social constructs, land development, and building in the Eternal Kingdom than we have for Campaigns...what else are we supposed to talk about"?

I honestly think if they gave us actual details about the part of the game we should give a sh!t about, people would probably be less worried about where EK's fit in.

You make a good point, though now that the meta is sorted, hopefully we can drill into the meat and bones.

OMG no one told me that I'd get stabbed in PvP.  And that I'd die!

*pulls tiny kickstarter and starts pm'ing every dev and mod*

Don't worry Oridi.

We won't stab and kill you. Promise