Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

And this is why the EKs are watered down and completely lack risk.

Can't have little Johnny having his $25 land plot invaded, and his $10 castle destroyed by the big meanies.

If little Johnny wants to blow all his cash to sit in an EK forever, who cares... sounds boring as custard. Besides, this isn't Minecraft. You won't be able to get all your materials from your EK, you will have to enter the campaigns.

Just make the initial 9 un-movable, but any extras can be used at will, in any EK where you get the rights to put them.

That works as well. If you work to add more cells to your kingdom, you can instead opt to grant them to someone else, yet still own the rights to them. I am cool with that.

Edited by Adall

I really hope there are parcel/building types based on archetype, promotion class, and/or discipline.  A great forge parcel would be interesting if only a forge master with the blacksmith discipline could purchase it.

If little Johnny wants to blow all his cash to sit in an EK forever, who cares... sounds boring as custard.

Yep this. The actual risk reward, challenge etc is IN the Campaigns, the main part of the game, not the optional social hub, trophy room part.

And this is why the EKs are watered down and completely lack risk.

Can't have little Johnny having his $25 land plot invaded, and his $10 castle destroyed by the big meanies.

The EK's are there as a game service ie to make money.  The campaigns are the GAME.   IF Little Johnny's whale parents want to fund his EK experience it will mean more money to make the Pvp experience better.  

EDIT:  fixt

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

The EK's are there as a game service ie to make money.  The campaigns are the GAME.   IF Little Johnny's whate parents want to fund his EK experience it will mean more money to make the Pvp experience better.  

Whate? Can't tell if racist attempt or...

I'd be happy to have a kingdom for my guild or self but I'm ironically not a veryPVP minded PVPer. So for those folks...whats the point? If they can be completely ignored and avoided, what is the motivation of having a good one? Tax money but what can be done with that? (playing Devils advocate here)

I role play a wordsmith.

Whate? Can't tell if racist attempt or...

No racial slur intended lol   Would it be better to call them " well monied"  "well off"   " filthy rich w/ money to burn"  ?   

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

No racial slur intended lol   Would it be better to call them " well monied"  "well off"   " filthy rich w/ money to burn"  ?   

Whale? Often a financial term for person with a crap load of cash. Get after them big fish!

Anyway... isn't it funny that the developers tried to convince us EK were not instanced, when it was clear they were? :)

Instance - the new word for "gummy bear", never use it!

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

I'd be happy to have a kingdom for my guild or self but I'm ironically not a veryPVP minded PVPer. So for those folks...whats the point? If they can be completely ignored and avoided, what is the motivation of having a good one? Tax money but what can be done with that? (playing Devils advocate here)

Well to be honest, and this might sound harsh or as a cop out, but this IS a PvP focused game. So if you're not much into PvP that sadly you likely won't find much enjoyment with this game. At least not long term.

Campaigns are still the meat and potatoes of this game.

The EK only serves as a way to keep people active in the campaigns.

People who are bent over the EK just don't see this.

Yep you can't do much with your EK if you aren't bringing home the bacon from the campaigns.

Anyway... isn't it funny that the developers tried to convince us EK were not instanced, when it was clear they were? :)

Semantics again pretty much. The Devs don't call them instanced because they see instances as short term and temporary phases of the world. Our Eks are persistent and always there to log into and zone into. EKs have more in common with Server shards then they do instances. 

There have been a couple threads in General about this sort of thing. Maybe of us wish the EK were contiguous. It would really help to cement the 'community feel' of the game. And considering that each cell unlock will have a cost associated, it would be easy to set an upper 'cap' on how mnay total cells players CAN unlock (say, 2,000), and then line up each EK in a global "grid". Every cell that a specific EK grows pushes out the EK around them to make room. Would be a little weird I guess, but better than tens of thousands of private, 'instanced' EK.

I ... I like this idea. 

I made a Suggestion Box thread to discuss the general idea, and how to make it work for everyone: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4897-the-eternal-kingdoms/

If little Johnny wants to blow all his cash to sit in an EK forever, who cares... sounds boring as custard. Besides, this isn't Minecraft. You won't be able to get all your materials from your EK, you will have to enter the campaigns.

The point is that the EK could have greater significance, but it doesn't because they want to sell land on it.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Yeah I think it was just a typo, T instead of L.

Pretty sure Ellie hates fat rich white people.

The point is that the EK could have greater significance, but it doesn't because they want to sell land on it.

Who said they were going to sell land on it? They might sell buildings to put on the land (based on developer quotes), but purchasing land is pure speculation.

Edited by Adall

Pretty sure Ellie hates fat rich white people.

LOL!   Absolutely not.   I respect and admire all sea creatures.  :)

No.

You should never use the word instance, because you should not use words you do not know the meaning off

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015