Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

Wow, nice update. The EKs seem to be a pretty important and elaborate system that will have a rather significant impact on the game. This is of course being tempered by the disclaimer that people will still have a choice to play in no import campaigns and therefore not utilize the EKs, but this isn't realistic choice. The EKs are too good now and no one is going to want to miss out, myself included. The game has changed.

The point is that the EK could have greater significance, but it doesn't because they want to sell land on it.

Having competitive sandboxes would be equally as boring as the friendly sandboxes we have now for one reason, it's sand.

So what if I can PvP and own Johny?  I didn't win socks.  Sand is worthless.  The EK by definition can't have functional resources (Materials, rare resources), because only Campaigns can have functional resources.

If you want to build castles, and siege, and live on the edge.  You can do that on the Campaigns, which use the exact same technology as the EK (The Devs said so).  Anything we can build in the EK that is worth building can be built in a Campaign (And we can't use the cash shop to buy Parcels to plant inside the Campaign, because it has already been agreed that Campaigns are a leveled playing field).

Everything seen in todays' EK update is in the Campaigns (Except for the moving your stuff back into your account bank, which is a bonus for pro risk players).

The game of Crowfall is Campaigns, and you are selling Campaigns short.  The EK are not Campaigns.  Campaigns will never be eternal.  You will not find persistent worlds with risk, neither will you find competitive worlds with persistence.

The Devs have wasted nothing if you ask me.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Man.. i got this crazy idea.

How about we go and siege poorly made socks in the campaigns?

THATS SO CRAZY IT JUST MIGHT WORK. We should tell ACE to make the game that like, it'll be great!!

It's not that you can modify it, every EK is a unique world starting out it seems, also there's no limit on players that can come in if you have it public. 

Wait a second! I think you're wrong, they pretty much said you have to increase the player cap so there's definitely a limit.

I really liked this update and not because of what it brings to the EKs.

The modular system they are describing, is most likely planned to be used in the procedural generated campaign worlds.

Until now, I was wondering what was up with creating the city they have shown in artist videos.

The idea of handcrafting these sections, hsvey the land morph around them and fit them together, opens up for much more detailed and interesting campaign worlds than what I was expecting.

And I was fine with barren worlds.

I agree, this "building" system will be strategic and useful in Campaigns.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Wow, nice update. The EKs seem to be a pretty important and elaborate system that will have a rather significant impact on the game. This is of course being tempered by the disclaimer that people will still have a choice to play in no import campaigns and therefore not utilize the EKs, but this isn't realistic choice. The EKs are too good now and no one is going to want to miss out, myself included. The game has changed.

good to hear that ;)

ya... still a lot we don't know about building in campaigns.

do we have to claim land before building?

do we just build willynilly everywhere?

will there only be pre-built cities/hamlets like DF?

will we have regions with limited city spots like SB?

they haven't told us anything about that yet

Edited by freeze

I think it just means PvP can be on or off. There won't be any caravans or embargo vaults for the Eternal Kingdoms, as those are Campaign mechanics. I think they have some sort of EK siege system planned, but the way the described it was something along the lines of a wager between the two kingdoms, with the winner taking the pot.

EKs are going to be carebear asylums and trade/social hubs. The real game, for most PvP'ers, will be in the Campaigns.

This update specifically mentioned caravans and EK's.  Are you sure you won't be using a caravan in your EK to move raw mats from your embargo vault to your crafting forges and thence moving your finsihed goods to the aforementioned NPC vendors t sell your wares?  

Not sure they will be risk free.  It said you can set the PVP rules for your realm.  Attacking caravans in a trade hub EK, ganking someone making a withdrawal from their embargo vault, or better yet EK vs EK sieges?  I just don't know what they meant yet by set PVP rules.

Optional PvP is lame.

Perhaps the ones that would spend money on the EK are the exact ones that would not spend the money IF they were risking what they paid for.  Think about it, what kind of gaming experience will they have?   

They will never be able to say "Look what I won".    I guess to me it's a matter of respect?    You will get earn your respect in the Campaigns.

They can make a killing off simply visual upgrades. This game was marketed as Play2Crush...Risk vs Reward...Not for everyone. 

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Anyway... isn't it funny that the developers tried to convince us EK were not instanced, when it was clear they were? :)

Instance - the new word for "gummy bear", never use it!

I don't recall them ever saying that, but whatever. When you get down to it EVERYTHING is instanced. The only difference is where they draw the line.

Edited by Arkade

I think at the end of the day, we're all basically arguing Safe Zones Vs. No Safe Zones. One group's experience is lessened by there being anywhere 'Safe' from nonconsentual PvP combat, for anyone. The other group wants to be able to take a break sometimes, and not be constantly 'at-war'.

I'm not sure if there is a way to fundamentally please both groups. Even opt-in/opt-out mechanics, no matter how strict, are going to alienate a certain percentage of the hardcore PvP crowd.

This is the heart of the issue. If someone is entering campaigns with all the best gear..I want to be able to go to their Kingdom and disrupt the crafting and trade  from happening.

The idea of just joining a campaign without import rules isn't a solution to that.

Aren't you the guy bagging on others for making strawman arguments

How was that a strawman? That's simply my opinion.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

I'm not convinced content that I can completely ignore and be unphased by is worth having. How does it stem from or fuel back into the PVP game if it can be ignored? I feel like I need to see a link to make it worthy of a PVP game.

I role play a wordsmith.

Completely agree. This is what I've been arguing for. However, most people seem to want Care Bear land with no risk of losing anything whatsoever.

Well see now you say above that you understand the concept of the game but yet keep making statements like this.

Everything you want with risk, rewards etc is ALREADY in the game. Its the Dying World Campaigns. EK are an extra, optional aspect besides that. So how does it make sense that they need to make a side aspect of the game just like the main aspect of the game?

Thats like going to WoW and saying their crafting needs to have the same elements as their Raiding part of the game. Raiding is the main focus of that game therefor everything must involve raiding right? yeah sounds just as ridiculous when applied here.

Everything you want with risk, rewards etc is ALREADY in the game. Its the Dying World Campaigns. EK are an extra, optional aspect besides that. So how does it make sense that they need to make a side aspect of the game just like the main aspect of the game?

Except it's not optional if you need them to house your trophies (which give campaign bonuses), or if you play in campaigns with import rules.

If you want to be competitive, you'll have to partake in the EK (to some extent).

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Optional PvP is lame.

What if they gated access to Artifacts by forced access to a EK-sieging system? That way, if you or your guild wants to own an Artifact, you have to be able to defend it. If not, other people can take them. They become a Trophy, but specifically that can be lost. (Which is fitting for something you'd win in a Campaign).

Unique parcels would then become the 'safe' trophy that people can win, and particularly noteworthy or unique Parcels would almost certainly have enormous value to the non-PvP crowd.

How was that a strawman? That's simply my opinion.

I was a fan of your debate style in other threads, c'mon man.  The discussion had nothing to do with whether or not optionsl PVP is lame.  I was responding to this and you moved the goalposts.

I don't think a risk-free zone creates a better experience. There is absolutely no reason that EK has to be a risk free zone to make money.

Wait a second! I think you're wrong, they pretty much said you have to increase the player cap so there's definitely a limit.

Player cap for people living there, I think? I could be wrong of course but that's the way I interpreted it.

Member of The BlackHand Order

This is the heart of the issue. If someone is entering campaigns with all the best gear..I want to be able to go to their Kingdom and disrupt the crafting and trade  from happening.

The idea of just joining a campaign without import rules isn't a solution to that.

If there isn't a way to take what the powerful EKs have from them, then we have an "Uncle Bob" scenario. The only way to avoid this inevitability would have been to ignore the EKs and only play in no import, clean-slate campaigns. This is no longer a viable option and everyone will need a fully functional EK in order to at least compete with the dominant EKs, by any means necessary.

Edited by Mytherceria

Except it's not optional if you need them to house your trophies (which give campaign bonuses), or if you play in campaigns with import rules.

If you want to be competitive, you'll have to partake in the EK (to some extent).

"Blessings are minor effects, like “increases archery training speed by 1%” or “increases wood harvesting speed by 5%”.

This is not optional according to you?  You really think these small percentages are going to make or break your success in a competitive game?  1% and 5% increments?  You are seeing things that are not here.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

"Blessings are minor effects, like “increases archery training speed by 1%” or “increases wood harvesting speed by 5%”.

This is not optional according to you?  You really think these small percentages are going to make or break your success in a competitive game?  1% and 5% increments?  You are seeing things that are not here.

oh, everything counts when you minmax :)

I'd reroll character in SB for a single statpoint.

It'll also be a welcome excuse when we defecate into people's mouths. So it's alright ;)

I was a fan of your debate style in other threads, c'mon man.  The discussion had nothing to do with whether or not optionsl PVP is lame.  I was responding to this and you moved the goalposts.

To be honest, I have like 8 people responding to my posts, so I've probably just gotten a bit mixed up.

I think my point is: Yes you can set PvP on in your realm - but that's completely optional. Why risk having your caravans raided as you transport from the vault to your city when you can simply ban everyone from getting near them?

Hardcore PvPers (Min-Maxers) aren't going to see those as optional.

If you're saying they're useless, then doesn't this bring up the argument that we're just fighting over meaningless trophies?

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG