Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

Except it's not optional if you need them to house your trophies (which give campaign bonuses), or if you play in campaigns with import rules.

If you want to be competitive, you'll have to partake in the EK (to some extent).

You can still play the game and progress if you only play in Campaigns and ignore EKs. You can't say the same in reverse.

Besides if EK are not optional, then whats your argument. You want EKs to have more significance (your words), well they do now.

So yeah you just seem all over the place and resorting to strawman and moving the goalposts.

oh, everything counts when you minmax :)

I'd reroll character in SB for a single statpoint.

It'll also be a welcome excuse when we defecate into people's mouths. So it's alright ;)

I would have liked this post, if not for that last sentence :P I do agree though, even the slightest advantage matters to some people.

oh, everything counts when you minmax :)

I'd reroll character in SB for a single statpoint.

It'll also be a welcome excuse when we defecate into people's mouths. So it's alright ;)

I hope you weren't being serious with that post.  I am arguing that if I bring Bobby to join me in PvP against you, I now have a 100% increment in advantage.  Are you saying that having 1% less is crippling to the extent that having more players on your team would be unable to compensate for and compete?

Such small percentages do not segregate players with tose bonuses from players without thsoe bonuses, no matter how min / max you are.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Btw, just something we've overlooked so far:

Skill trianing speed through thralls.

They gave us no numbers, but that's basically the biggest reason why I decided to built stuff in my(our) EK.

That's probably the biggest issue that might cause imbalance in campaigns.

Not even so much the relics and stuff, but training speed.

I would have liked this post, if not for that last sentence :P I do agree though, even the slightest advantage matters to some people.

ah come on ;)

I hope you weren't being serious with that post.  I am arguing that if I bring Bobby to join me in PvP against you, I now have a 100% increment in advantage.  Are you saying that having 1% less is crippling to the extent that having more players on your team would be unable to compensate for and compete?

Such small percentages do not segregate players with tose bonuses from players without thsoe bonuses, no matter how min / max you are.

I'm not saying it can't be overcome, I'm saying that it WILL matter and people will use it as excuses.

Edited by freeze

You can still play the game and progress if you only play in Campaigns and ignore EKs. You can't say the same in reverse.

Besides if EK are not optional, then whats your argument. You want EKs to have more significance (your words), well they do now.

So yeah you just seem all over the place and resorting to strawman and moving the goalposts.

Some people just like to argue, but when they fail, they resort to new arguments whether related or not related to the original. Anything to try and keep the ball in their court.

I think his argument is there is no way to take the power that some of these EKs will amass in perfect harmony and safety. The only way we can "fight" back is to build up our own EK and fight it out in the campaigns with the same gear that they have access to. That is the only way I see this working.

To be honest, I have like 8 people responding to my posts, so I've probably just gotten a bit mixed up.

I think my point is: Yes you can set PvP on in your realm - but that's completely optional. Why risk having your caravans raided as you transport from the vault to your city when you can simply ban everyone from getting near them?

Indeed that would be foolish, I don't think a lot of people are gonna tack on that risk needlessly. But I guess the main thing is that nobody is gonna get any stuff to move in their EK's if they don't go out PvP for it in the first place, unless supplied by guild mates/friends.

Member of The BlackHand Order

To be honest, I have like 8 people responding to my posts, so I've probably just gotten a bit mixed up.

Well I am not White Knighting for EK's as laid out but they are better than I thought.  Until we know what they mean exactly by setting your kingdoms PVP rules we won't know how just what reasons there might be for allowing  PVP in a public trade hub EK.  In Shadowbane open merchant town were very much a thing and everywhere but a few safeholds were FFA PVP.  I'd love to see EK sieging and guld combined EK's myself.

Agreed, minor statistical advantages help you in an equivalent percentage of matches.

You have .05% more chance to critically hit than your previous character? Then you are really only .05% better and .05% more likely to succeed. Measurable on paper, but not a practical difference.

What's the progress if you ignore EKs? There's character progress, that's about it.

They're not optional only because you can do nothing to counteract someone's EK other than build up your own to try and be on even footing.

My argument has been consistent, you just can't seem to keep up.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I was a fan of your debate style in other threads, c'mon man.  The discussion had nothing to do with whether or not optionsl PVP is lame.  I was responding to this and you moved the goalposts.

You're not a fan of debating styles, you're a fan of whoever supports your cause, no matter how. :=)

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

I'd love to see EK sieging and guld combined EK's myself.

Yeah that'd be proper swell, but not very likely I think, the sieging part anyway but I can live without it. I do think most guilds are gonna combine and live in one EK together though, doesn't seem like much point spreading out from all your friends when you can just make a town or something like that.

As long as the campaigns give an awesome PvP and conquering experience I quite frankly don't give that many custards about the way EK's are setup although the way it sounds is better than I expected as well.

Member of The BlackHand Order

If there isn't a way to take what the powerful EKs have from them, then we have an "Uncle Bob" scenario. The only way to avoid this inevitability would have been to ignore the EKs and only play in no import, clean-slate campaigns. This is no longer a viable option and everyone will need a fully functional EK in order to at least compete with the dominant EKs, by any means necessary.

You don't need to take anything from another EK when you can just make your own. The Uncle Bob stuff doesn't apply to the EKs because this is like Uncle bob having his game board on the table and on the next table over I have my own as well. I can build it up the exact same way and get all the exact same benefits. There is no insurmountable advantage when talking about EKs.

And also feels like another that is missing the point, the risk, reward, competition is in the Campaigns.

Not really, he crushed you with logic, math and science yesterday.

No magic?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You don't need to take anything from another EK when you can just make your own. The Uncle Bob stuff doesn't apply to the EKs because this is like Uncle bob having his game board on the table and on the next table over I have my own as well. I can build it up the exact same way and get all the exact same benefits. There is no insurmountable advantage when talking about EKs.

And also feels like another that is missing the point, the risk, reward, competition is in the Campaigns.

Lords of Death successfully reached the Emerald tier.  We're open for limited recruitment.  Send a PM or visit our forums to learn about the LoD Empire!

And so it begins. You better start opening your wallets and pooling your cash to keep up.

And so it begins. You better start opening your wallets and pooling your cash to keep up.

Keep up with what? I'll be in the Campaigns, playing to crush. No custards will be given for how some guild is building their EK.

I believe that was the purpose?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"