Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

And so it begins. You better start opening your wallets and pooling your cash to keep up.

Not quite.

There's a reason those artifact buffs cap out at 3. Even if Uncle Bob has one of literally every single buff, it increases the breadth of choice, not the mechanical advantage. Poor guy Tom can pretty easily get the three artifacts he wants in his 9 starter plots and be on exactly the same footing as he would have been in Bob's guild.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Not quite.

There's a reason those artifact buffs cap out at 3. Even if Uncle Bob has one of literally every single buff, it increases the breadth of choice, not the mechanical advantage. Poor guy Tom can pretty easily get the three artifacts he wants in his 9 starter plots and be on exactly the same footing as he would have been in Bob's guild.

I am not even talking about buffs. I am talking about recruitment power, prestige, e-peening. All of that matters and it is within the power of the EKs to bestow it. I am not even saying I am against it, I am just suggesting that we should at least consider the implications.

Not quite.

Not quite.  

What do these buildings do

• Hold trainer thralls (who work in much the same manner as relics, providing buffs to types of passive training speeds

More evolved EK's will likely have higher level crafter buildings too most likely to make better gear to take with you into import campaigns

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Not really, he crushed you with logic, math and science yesterday.  

Eh, I was agreeing with Teekey all along in that discussion but that's not what I would call throwing impeccable logic and science around. He just had a lot better footing in that debate, I do seem to recall him making a fool out of himself in other discussions though, but I could be wrong, memory isn't what it once was.

Either way, going way off track, sorry.

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

It seems to me like the Eternal Kingdoms need the Campaigns more than the Campaigns need the Eternal Kingdoms. So what's the point of running a mercantile empire in the Eternal Kingdoms, when the gear and other items you craft and sell aren't able to be used by a non-trivial percentage of the population? We can imagine that the 3-way Faction ruleset will see some imported EK gear, but the Shadows and the Dregs will see nothing. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

I do seem to recall him making a fool out of himself in other discussions though, but I could be wrong, memory isn't what it once was.

Pssshhhh! I would never!  -_-

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

It seems to me like the Eternal Kingdoms need the Campaigns more than the Campaigns need the Eternal Kingdoms. So what's the point of running a mercantile empire in the Eternal Kingdoms, when the gear and other items you craft and sell aren't able to be used by a non-trivial percentage of the population? We can imagine that the 3-way Faction ruleset will see some imported EK gear, but the Shadows and the Dregs will see nothing. 

Your point substantiates that the EK are solely dependent on the campaigns. Not sure if that was your intent or not, but it proves my point (I think)

The reality is no one gives a custard pie about ones EK as long as they have to come through the campaign to sit on their marshmellow throne in their EK.

The EK, in my opinion is meant to keep the campaigns relevant. The campaigns are where PVP must happen. That to me is a win as a fan of PVP.

Edited by Kell

Hardcore PvPers (Min-Maxers) aren't going to see those as optional.

If you're saying they're useless, then doesn't this bring up the argument that we're just fighting over meaningless trophies?

I am not fighting for trophies.  I fight to win the game (Campaign).  The objective shouldn't be to cater to Min-Maxers.  The game should cater to players who wish to play a competitive game of conquest.  Players who understand that success in a Campaign is ultimately decided by numbers, alliances, resources, and strategic positioning, not character builds and how they can tear down ranks of weaker combat character builds.

The EK is not a strategic advantage, no matter how you choose to see it.  All significant advantages will be obtained inside a Campaign (Again, the clean slate start in the Dregs Campaigns).

The EK are player housing, nothing more.  Me being able to craft in a 19/20 of the time it takes for you to craft won't change anything.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

That's what we want to believe but the population will determine which campaigns are popular and successful, and I suspect the large guilds that are already paying real money for their EK probably won't want to play in a campaign where their advantage is wasted, but I would be happy to be wrong.

Edited by Mytherceria

I think Soulein is on point especially during the early life cycle of the game.  I would imagine its also possible to build relics and place them along with thralls in the keeps you build for campaigns.  It's probably also easier to maintain the upkeep for them there because that's where all the resources are.

Welcome to Nyt Vegas!  What happens in Nyt Vegas, stays in Nyt Vegas.  We offer many services including the following: 

• Weddings
  • Funerals
  • Centaur Jousting
  • Guinecean Maze Races
  • Druid Gardens
  • Gladiator Coloseum
  • The Paradise Row (outlet shops)
  • and more!

With over 1000 plots and growing daily, this is the EK where magic happens!

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I am not fighting for trophies.  I fight to win the game (Campaign).  The objective shouldn't be to cater to Min-Maxers.  The game should cater to players who wish to play a competitive game of conquest.  Players who understand that success in a Campaign is ultimately decided by numbers, alliances, resources, and strategic positioning, not character builds and how they can tear down ranks of weaker combat character builds.

The EK is not a strategic advantage, no matter how you choose to see it.  All significant advantages will be obtained inside a Campaign (Again, the clean slate start in the Dregs Campaigns).

The EK are player housing, nothing more.  Me being able to craft in a 19/20 of the time it takes for you to craft won't change anything.

Gospel....

I like it.

Not quite.  

More evolved EK's will likely have higher level crafter buildings too most likely to make better gear to take with you into import campaigns

I'd need a lot more information about how important structures are to crafting to verify that statement. All we know is you can build a forge. We don't know if there's even a such thing as a "better forge" or if the system is simply "better crafter, and all crafters need a forge"

Aside from that, Sickly Evan certainly has the option of building his handful of import gear within a campaign and exporting it right?

The material advantage of import campaigns isn't in question here, but I thought we already settled the idea that import campaigns are optional a while ago right? Don't have the infrastructure to compete in an import campaign? Don't play that one.

A default sized EK that decided to focus specifically on crafting, given what we know about building sizes versus plot sizes, would actually probably build that infrastructure faster, because they're not spending it on land taxes and other such nonsense.

I am not even talking about buffs. I am talking about recruitment power, prestige, e-peening. All of that matters and it is within the power of the EKs to bestow it. I am not even saying I am against it, I am just suggesting that we should at least consider the implications.

That same power exists on the forums, and on youtube, and on guild websites. You could show many players a fully stacked EK and they'd laugh at you and ask you for a video of you winning a 1v5

I'm just not seeing where there's a real and measurable "win" attached to having a bigger EK in any meaningful sense of the word. There's certainly progression, but when you break it down to a level that literally every person has a pretty decent sized starting setup, I can't see where they're advantageous unless you're specifically trying to play an economic game or create a "full service" hub of some sort.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I'm kinda looking forward to Import rules.  I can imagine starting at zero each campaign and looking for stone to build walls getting old.  Now picking a game with 5 other top guilds and dropping in with castles ready to go sounds like a custard blast.  Straight to kill'n no time for hammer'n stone today!

You're kidding yourself if you think all the Dreg campaigns are going to be Terminator rules, especially at the start when it's one of the only game modes they have.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this EK concept.  I do appreciate the information that has been put out.

Simply asked, if everyone has an Eternal Kingdom, how do they become special?  Eternal Kingdoms seem better suited as part of a guild structure.  Thing is, everybody is going to want their own Eternal Kingdom, so who are going to be the people that populates them?  Not to mention, characters will be spending most of their time in campaigns.  

So are EK's merely a glorified housing system?  I'm all right with that really.  Housing has been largely ignored by MMO developers.  

One of the game's biggest goals is to remove building items from the Campaigns and take them to the EK's, so I'm hoping this system is engaging.  Also I'm wondering if weapons and armour crafted in the EK's can be imported in to the next campaign.