Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobzilla_youtube

Eternal Kingdoms! Kickstarter Update 19

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this EK concept.  I do appreciate the information that has been put out.

Simply asked, if everyone has an Eternal Kingdom, how do they become special?  Eternal Kingdoms seem better suited as part of a guild structure.  Thing is, everybody is going to want their own Eternal Kingdom, so who are going to be the people that populates them?  Not to mention, characters will be spending most of their time in campaigns.  

So are EK's merely a glorified housing system?  I'm all right with that really.  Housing has been largely ignored by MMO developers.  

One of the game's biggest goals is to remove building items from the Campaigns and take them to the EK's, so I'm hoping this system is engaging.  Also I'm wondering if weapons and armour crafted in the EK's can be imported in to the next campaign.

No not everyone will want to maintain and manage their own EK's. Also you can use your EK but still be apart of others EKs. The main source I see it of EKs that get built up is guilds and crafting/market alliances.

But yes Ek are basically housing, trophy rooms, lobby, social hubs. Pretty much EKs are what you want and make of it. Just on a larger scale perhaps depending on how big it gets built up. Also it depends on your play style and you ruleset choice as to what you bring off of Campaigns and what you do with it. Some will be more than happy to stay in Campaigns and ignore Ek and some will do a mix of both. I think thats a plus for this game to have those options. Some of course don't see it that way and insist Ek needs to be a certain way but again its all personal preference.

Edited by pang

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this EK concept.  I do appreciate the information that has been put out.

Simply asked, if everyone has an Eternal Kingdom, how do they become special?  Eternal Kingdoms seem better suited as part of a guild structure.  Thing is, everybody is going to want their own Eternal Kingdom, so who are going to be the people that populates them?  Not to mention, characters will be spending most of their time in campaigns.  

So are EK's merely a glorified housing system?  I'm all right with that really.  Housing has been largely ignored by MMO developers.  

One of the game's biggest goals is to remove building items from the Campaigns and take them to the EK's, so I'm hoping this system is engaging.  Also I'm wondering if weapons and armour crafted in the EK's can be imported in to the next campaign.

Basically, yeah it's a housing system with some benefits.

The main reason players would want to gravitate toward shared EKs versus solo ones is in terms of material efficiency. if all you want is three specific relics and a crafting bench, it may be cheaper to pay a guy to live in his lands that already have them than it would be to build, acquire, and maintain them yourself.

The guy charging rent is paying the upkeep on that stuff from multiple people, so overall it can be a win/win. Ek owner gets to pay for his stuff on the cheap, as does the renter.

Also, people tend to want to share housing spaces. Having your own private kingdom sounds a lot cooler than it is when nobody ever comes to visit.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

This update has done nothing to quell my displeasure with the direction of the EK.

In fact, it just reinforces what a missed opportunity the entire thing is.

4SF1eeP.png

I'm not too concerned.  This is the initial core design of the EK.  Plenty of time after the game launches to add a bunch more stuff to EK, such as invasions of other EKs, ranking ladders, etc.  There's only so much that can be done for the core game, though. 

Building up an EK is going to take a huge outlay of resources.  Groups that are successful in campaigns will bring back more resources and higher tier items that probably make prettier castles.  Your average player (me) will not be able to get that many resources by themselves.  So I can choose to live in my wood cottage or find a bigger kingdom that has space for me.  I'll still have my 9 parcels but they will be largely ignored.

answer to your last question is based on the campaign you select to enter some let you bring gear others do not.

You're kidding yourself if you think all the Dreg campaigns are going to be Terminator rules, especially at the start when it's one of the only game modes they have.

You think they will let us import resources stockpiled in the EK to gain an advantage over players that do not have resources in their EK in the Dregs rule set?

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Loving the look of EK's so far, really excited to see how they play out in the future. I'm personally hoping that they act as a decent money-sink; inflation can get out of hand fast in MMO economies, and the more ways to get rid of currencies the better in my opinion.

You think they will let us import resources stockpiled in the EK to gain an advantage over players that do not have resources in their EK in the Dregs rule set?

I guarantee you that they will.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I'm just not seeing where there's a real and measurable "win" attached to having a bigger EK in any meaningful sense of the word. There's certainly progression, but when you break it down to a level that literally every person has a pretty decent sized starting setup, I can't see where they're advantageous unless you're specifically trying to play an economic game or create a "full service" hub of some sort.

I hope you are right. Still makes me wonder though, why some guilds are willing to spend so much real life money on them. Either they are horribly mislead, or they understand what motivates the majority of the player base and have played games long enough to know how they work.

I hope you are right. Still makes me wonder though, why some guilds are willing to spend so much real life money on them. Either they are horribly mislead, or they understand what motivates the majority of the player base and have played games long enough to know how they work.

Because $10,000 split 100 ways accomplishes more than anyone one person can (unless you're BraveSirRobin). Paxgaming, how big is your EK going to be? lol.

Maybe I missed it, but are the core 9 cells everyone starts with tax free?

I didn't see that info either. Good question.

Not all the Dregs rulesets will be the same, and the unpopular ones will be phased out. It's still too early to tell which ones will be popular enough to stick around, and it is possible that high import campaigns are the only campaigns with enough population to continue, even in the Dregs. It is up to us to make it known what rulesets we are interested in and make sure that something like this doesn't happen.

Edited by Mytherceria

I guarantee you that they will.

Even still there will be limits. They would never let us take in an unlimited amount of resources into a Campaign, even in the Shadow and Gods Reach Worlds. There will be caps to what you can bring in otherwise it goes against the whole Uncle bob thing.

Because $10,000 split 100 ways accomplishes more than anyone one person can (unless you're BraveSirRobin). Paxgaming, how big is your EK going to be? lol.

I didn't see that info either. Good question.

Our Highest backer is Ruby, so no, we don't have any crazy blood stone people. Only reason I picked up Ruby was for the guild heraldry.

Even still there will be limits. They would never let us take in an unlimited amount of resources into a Campaign, even in the Shadow and Gods Reach Worlds. There will be caps to what you can bring in otherwise it goes against the whole Uncle bob thing.

Yeah and when someone suggests unlimited import campaigns (they will, and they have), be prepared that a lot of people could like them and they might be really, really popular. Things might be rocking precariously in that direction already. This game is awesome, don't get me wrong, but one possible negative outcome could be giving the player base too much freedom in choosing the campaigns they want, and sometimes the majority chooses poorly.

Yeah and when someone suggests unlimited import campaigns (they will, and they have), be prepared that a lot of people could like them and they might be really, really popular. Things might be rocking precariously in that direction already. This game is awesome, don't get me wrong, but one possible negative outcome could be giving the player base too much freedom in choosing the campaigns they want, and sometimes the majority chooses poorly.

Its goes against the design concept though. Dev said they are willing to try new ruleset ideas but not ones that break the game concept.

Its goes against the design concept though. Dev said they are willing to try new ruleset ideas but not ones that break the game concept.

No dev likes that reality but once the "pack is released" (loosely paraphrasing one of Pann's presentations) it becomes "their" game and the devs usually do lose control of their own concept (she even went so far as to say they should step back). I do wonder to what degree ACE will continue to exert influence over their vision if it doesn't fit with what the larger player base wants.