Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

I'm still wondering how anyone can still think Crowfall is about getting shinies if the play2crush-manifesto clearly states that this game is NOT about the carrot on a stick but about the competition.

The goal of the game is having fun. Not chasing after virtual rewards. They are just the icing. Not the whole cake.

Have you been in an area of 4,000 players? What can you accomplish other than hundreds of people in a huddle /dancing? even if you have only 100 people chatting at once, it's not an area I want to be in, even with an ignore feature (which is stupid as well. "oh that guy's a tr0ll. ignore. anyone know where I get this resource." tr0ll answers. "anyone?"

Lol. Easy to fix. You can only talk to people in the same area as you :)

4.000 players is perhaps exaggerated, but it's better than having 30 players per server... 

Edited by Aang

Wait, you want a small set of servers in order to force a large amount of players to interact? That's called the campaign, dude. Go to the dregs, you'll get plenty of 'interaction'.

Campaigns aren't designed for interaction (including TRADE)  and housing... EK are.

I prefer a large kingdom, with a huge player city-builded, villages, activity, etc..  than thousands of servers with a few players on them..

Edited by Aang

Lol. Easy to fix. You can only talk to people in the same area as you :)

4.000 players is perhaps exaggerated, but it's better than having 30 players per server... 

Human nature is to gravitate toward areas with their preferred population desires. Whether it's the small town coffee shop, Starbucks, or the mall. Shouldn't force people to mega cities when they'd be happy with their 10 man EK for just their guild. Besides, if there's 4,000 people sitting around an EK when they could be in a campaign, they're doing it wrong.

Campaigns aren't designed for interaction (including TRADE)  and housing... EK are.

I advice you to read FaQ and do some research. You dont seem to understand what campaigns are.

Campaigns are temporary worlds, but i specifically called them "worlds" , they are not temporary battle-grounds, they are worlds where you will build , trade , craft , make houses if you want. Its where you will live. Until it gets consumed by hunger

Edited by Navhkrin

Human nature is to gravitate toward areas with their preferred population desires. Whether it's the small town coffee shop, Starbucks, or the mall. Shouldn't force people to mega cities when they'd be happy with their 10 man EK for just their guild. Besides, if there's 4,000 people sitting around an EK when they could be in a campaign, they're doing it wrong.

I never talked about 4k players AT THE SAME TIME.  Guilds could have their own headquarters in the city for example... Or outside.

I'm afraid, and that's going to happen, of 'morcellation' 'division' 'parcellement' (in french)... Many servers with a low population.

I advice you to read FaQ and do some research. You dont seem to understand what campaigns are.

Instead of saying 'gfy, read the FAQ'... You should correct me. It's easy to say something like that :|

There's nothing wrong with it. But MMOs are always about achieving something, getting something someone else doesn't, etc. You want to be the Have vs the Have Not.

To be honest, rather than 1% to Archery in a Relic, I'd rather have some cool visual armor upgrades, or a battle standard I could plant in my enemy's corpse.

Beating people is fun. But being able to rub it in their face with a cool looking item is even better!  :D

I disagree, but it is just my personal opinion, clearly yours is different.  While I enjoy all of the facets of most mmos, be it crafting, economic wars, actual physical combat, gathering, etc, what has been lost in in recent mmos is the social aspect.

The social aspect of mmos is what I miss the most from earlier games before you didnt even have to talk to anyone level a character.

Maybe it's my age, but I don't need to beat someone down to have fun.

Edited by Medwynd

With every game it's the same thing. People defend the game as if he had no fault ...Instead of doing that, you should highlight them.

I've backed the game but i want the best for him :[

I'm with CopperStall, 99% of my game will be played in campaigns. If I'm collecting resources for months at a time by slaughtering my opponents, why do I care if a carebear village is being created? Also, it seems like a significant portion of the gaming population would prefer EKs with active PvP. Therefore, I expect at least a few large EKs that can be raided (or defended).

Some suggestions though...

1. Why not have a challenge system where a group can challenge an EK to a full scale seige in a betting system? Each side puts up a fair amount of relics/resources/artifacts/items plus the destruction costs? The changed EK can decide the time and basic terms of the siege.

2. Why not give some sort of bonus to EKs (or the owners) for keeping open PvP on for X amount of time of for defending against X many sieges?

Honestly I like that some people can choose to have non-PvP EKs because honestly they have to either have a ton of people supporting them or they won't be spending a lot of time there. I don't think it's an issue. However I would like to see ways that PvP can be brought into the EKs and players be given benefits/advantages for using the EKs as PvP zones.

mael4.jpg

I never talked about 4k players AT THE SAME TIME.  Guilds could have their own headquarters in the city for example... Or outside.

I'm afraid, and that's going to happen, of 'morcellation' 'division' 'parcellement' (in french)... Many servers with a low population.

Back pedaling on your own example? Permission granted.

Low pop servers? People will naturally gravitate toward EKs that are public. That's one filter. Then they will gravitate toward EKs that aren't full (population limit). Then they will gravitate toward EKs that look better or have more utility. Then they will gravitate toward EKs with a reputation for being the place they want to go for the desires they need: better crafters, more socialization, everyone walks around with no armor coz they're weird, more maturity, less maturity, etc etc.

And then the number one killer of pop in EKs? CAMPAIGNS! EK isn't the game. If you don't like the campaigns, then you don't like Crowfall. That's how I see it. The EK is just a way to add some permanence, some persistence to your existence.

• The buildings are sized to a grid of uniform sub-units of a cell. These sub-units have not been named. I was briefly confused by that picture also but it's more clear in some of the parcel views where you can see the component cells and then buildings on much smaller unnamed grid squares.

Once I drop a Parcel, what can I do with it?

You can build on it. As the World is divided into cells, each Parcel is divided into “Lots.” You drop buildings and props onto Lots the same way you drop Parcels into cells.

You can also grant Lots to other players -- just like the World Owner granted a province to you. (In fact, we use the same system at both the micro and macro level!)

A 1x1 parcel of land is divided into many lots. On this grid of lots, some areas will be marked as “open” and others will be marked as “blocked” (meaning that you cannot place buildings there).

28t9z83.jpg

Instead of saying 'gfy, read the FAQ'... You should correct me. It's easy to say something like that :|

Ever hear the saying. "Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish you feed him for a lifetime" ?

Edited by pang

With every game it's the same thing. People defend the game as if he had no fault ...Instead of doing that, you should highlight them.

I've backed the game but i want the best for him :[

But before making such claims, you should know what you are talking about yes? I updated my post afterwards but you missed by matter of seconds

. However I would like to see ways that PvP can be brought into the EKs and players be given benefits/advantages for using the EKs as PvP zones.

Why?  If players want to open their EK's to PvP then they can do so.  The game is already structured as PvP centric and it's a flip of a switch to make an EK PvP. 

If they want huge EK PvP ranking structures they can build them.

They will get loot and glory already as rewards.

Why do they need a pat on the head from the game too?

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I honestly don't know and don't care. As long as everyone is able to find a ruleset they can stick to through the length of a campaign there is no reason to complain. As there is no reason to argue about any feature's repercussion on the game without all parts being laid out in front of us.

I'm just starting to detest this attitude of 'everything needs to be balanced into submissive boringness' that comes up in these forums time and time again because someone finds their perfect vision of how this game 'has to be' threatened just because they don't get the whole picture yet. This overly emphasized strife for balance is nothing but killing off the opportunity for Crowfall to be genuinely creative and new if ACE would ever give in to these claims.

This is how things are, though, and it has been like this for every game release I have ever been a part of. It's why we have such an extremely qualified community manager coming to help us out with such puzzling and irritating dilemmas.

Ever hear the saying. "Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish you feed him for a lifetime" ?

I think you got that quote wrong:

dont-teach-a-man-to-fish.jpg

CopperStall