Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

This game offers nothing to the kind of person you are describing.  The kind of person who doesn't do campaigns would have nothing to sell you, unless they were some kept slave/shopkeeper entrusted with store duty by their friends who did the work, and if so: that is between them. In that situation the people you are patronizing are the fighters who acquired the resources, not the guy working minimum wage behind the counter. 

Anyway, shops are primarily going to be an in-campaign thing, run by people actually in the campaign with you.  They craft in the campaign, they sell in the campaign, that is how they will actually be able to distribute their wears.  That way, you can also replace gear as people break theirs or loose gear due to death.  Equips that you make in the EK aren't really going to be of much value at all since people won't take the wears into the campaign with them, thus resources you are allowed to take out of the campaign at the end will likely go towards building more EK structures instead of wears.  

If God's Reach is added, things will be a little different.  They will have more relaxed import rules, being allowed to carry the shirt on their backs and the swords in their hands.  Dregs won't, and you've already described yourself as a dregs player.  You will have no reason to buy anything outside of a campaign unless you are constructing a villa or something.  

Oh I agree w/ you.  BUT , the exact thing I am describing is being endorsed.   See this statement:  "You should be thankful that some people want to stay in the EKs, because it means that you don't have to. One less land manager means one more PvPer. That in mind, get as many "Carebears" in here as possible "

We should now be "thankful".

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Not sure if this has aleady been asked or not,but will we be able to share /forge the eternal kingdoms with players from other continents?

my understanding at this point is, that there are no limits. At least not for NA and EU.

This means we should be able to freely visit and build in each other's EKs.

I truly hope there are no limits ..seems like many people have plans aleady to form groups to build their ek with.Would be a shame if they got separated in the end

Oh I agree w/ you.  BUT , the exact thing I am describing is being endorsed.   See this statement:  "" You should be thankful that some people want to stay in the EKs, because it means that you don't have to. One less land manager means one more PvPer. That in mind, get as many "Carebears" in here as possible "

We should now be "thankful".

Of course!  What is being said here is that you can have someone sell materials for you and spend as much time in the dregs as you want.  And maybe the guy will want a break and get a shift change to go in with you, or maybe he won't.  What does it matter?!  At the end of the day, the resources you helped acquire at the end of the last campaign are still being sold or used to upgrade a relic structure for you.  Why is it a bad thing for you that the friend you have wants to undertake that task?  Especially if the alternative is that he simply doesn't play the game at all!  If he wasn't there, you might have to do it yourself if you want your relic structure built.  See how it is working? Not having contractors takes time from you. 

And keep in mind that the guy building your relic housing isn't "smugly hiding from battle."  He is providing you a service so you can continue to battle.  

No, of course not, YOU wouldn't have done that lol :) We all will wait, again.   I predicted the EK doc would only evoke more questions and I was right.  I still think we will complete KS'er w/o some firm answers because perhaps at this point no one knows which way things will go once players have their hands on it.  Some things though, like GUILD EK's do need to be addressed and before the end of KS, because ppl have alot of funds wrapped up and can't be sure of how that will work.  I am assuming right now that there is no official GUILD system and that the GL will build his EK into the GL EK, but that is only an assumption.   

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what we've learned. I too expected to have even more questions, but at least they are questions about stuff we KNOW now, instead of questions about stuff we don't know. I don't feel like all of my questions need to be answered before the KS is over. I'd like a top 5 answered maybe, but I think they need to talk about Import/Export stuff soon too.

The Guild EK thing is really really important IMHO. Practically critical. Maybe I am behind the times, but my first thought about a Guild system like this was in Rift's Dimension system (which I only played with for a day. Cool system, but kinda meh). It first occurred to me then that Guild's should have their own space, shared with all guild members. That thought carried over into every other MMO I have played, past and future.

I'm gonna go off on a tangent, so those who get bored easily should skip this paragraph, lol. But it's about SWG, heh. The seed for this whole "guild entity" thing goes all the way back to SWG, when I (along with most everyone who ever played) found myself clipping through the Starport ship, and found myself looking at the partially disembodied figure of a female NPC in her underwear. I realized then that the dev's were treating the SHIP as if it were an NPC, and the ship's structure was the 'clothes' she was wearing. Funny how that stuck with me all this time. Shoot, I might even have a screenshot of it, hmm. Anyway, that was the seed that led to the idea (certainly not unique to me) that a Guild should be it's own Entity in the game, with it's own Inventory, bank, statistics and stats, and allocated building "lot's" the same way a player character had.

This is how, IMO, Crowfall should treat Guilds. The Guild should have it's own special EK where guild members can earn parcels and help unlock cells. Donating player-owned stuff would be trickier (like KS perks). What to do if a guild member who dropped a huge Mountain Citadel quits? Pulling that out of the guild EK could suck pretty bad, but at the same time, they should be able to take their stuff with them. Maybe make it a time-based thing. Where the guild could keep the parcel for a period of time and 'earn' it's own Mountain Citadel, replacing the one the player has pulled. Whatever.

I just find it really weird to contemplate a guild where 5 of the 20 people in the guild all are gemstone KS pledges with a decent number of perks. Who 'hosts' the guild? What do the other 4 people do? Just ignore their own EK or try and split their time? Awkward....

eEvERiW.jpg

Carebears strikes back!  :lol:

Shhhhh, a thread with that title got locked.    :)

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what we've learned. I too expected to have even more questions, but at least they are questions about stuff we KNOW now, instead of questions about stuff we don't know. I don't feel like all of my questions need to be answered before the KS is over. I'd like a top 5 answered maybe, but I think they need to talk about Import/Export stuff soon too.

The Guild EK thing is really really important IMHO. Practically critical. Maybe I am behind the times, but my first thought about a Guild system like this was in Rift's Dimension system (which I only played with for a day. Cool system, but kinda meh). It first occurred to me then that Guild's should have their own space, shared with all guild members. That thought carried over into every other MMO I have played, past and future.

I'm gonna go off on a tangent, so those who get bored easily should skip this paragraph, lol. But it's about SWG, heh. The seed for this whole "guild entity" thing goes all the way back to SWG, when I (along with most everyone who ever played) found myself clipping through the Starport ship, and found myself looking at the partially disembodied figure of a female NPC in her underwear. I realized then that the dev's were treating the SHIP as if it were an NPC, and the ship's structure was the 'clothes' she was wearing. Funny how that stuck with me all this time. Shoot, I might even have a screenshot of it, hmm. Anyway, that was the seed that led to the idea (certainly not unique to me) that a Guild should be it's own Entity in the game, with it's own Inventory, bank, statistics and stats, and allocated building "lot's" the same way a player character had.

This is how, IMO, Crowfall should treat Guilds. The Guild should have it's own special EK where guild members can earn parcels and help unlock cells. Donating player-owned stuff would be trickier (like KS perks). What to do if a guild member who dropped a huge Mountain Citadel quits? Pulling that out of the guild EK could suck pretty bad, but at the same time, they should be able to take their stuff with them. Maybe make it a time-based thing. Where the guild could keep the parcel for a period of time and 'earn' it's own Mountain Citadel, replacing the one the player has pulled. Whatever.

I just find it really weird to contemplate a guild where 5 of the 20 people in the guild all are gemstone KS pledges with a decent number of perks. Who 'hosts' the guild? What do the other 4 people do? Just ignore their own EK or try and split their time? Awkward....

I agree.  There has to IMO, be some sort of a way to designate a GUILD Structure.   Guild bank I has thought of where only certain ppl can be given access and that access can be amended when needed.  Perhaps, something can be offered in the CF store that is called a Guild EK, I dunno.  But there has to be a way to make guilding apart of the game and to facilitate "guild functionality"  that is unique.  I am sure you will "push" hard for answers on this and this I can fully back you on.

I agree.  There has to IMO, be some sort of a way to designate a GUILD Structure.   Guild bank I has thought of where only certain ppl can be given access and that access can be amended when needed.  Perhaps, something can be offered in the CF store that is called a Guild EK, I dunno.  But there has to be a way to make guilding apart of the game and to facilitate "guild functionality"  that is unique.  I am sure you will "push" hard for answers on this and this I can fully back you on.

That is another role of the EKs is a guild structure. But you seem to be overlooking the fact that if you have a guild EK, your buildings degrade and go bad and get added to your inventory and it's no good unless you leave someone there to maintain it. lol

The way EKs work is that you have one owner who is a guild leader, and he grants parcels or cells to guild officers, who grant lots to guild members. If a guild can't manage that existing organizational structure, they have some work to do as a guild and as a team before they tackle an EK.

That is another role of the EKs is a guild structure. But you seem to be overlooking the fact that if you have a guild EK, your buildings degrade and go bad and get added to your inventory and it's no good unless you leave someone there to maintain it. lol

The way EKs work is that you have one owner who is a guild leader, and he grants parcels or cells to guild officers, who grant lots to guild members. If a guild can't manage that existing organizational structure, they have some work to do as a guild and as a team before they tackle an EK.

You can go back and forth from campaign to EK.  Just can't take anything back and forth.  There, issue solved.  

Well it seems they will only degrade if you aren't paid up on your taxes.  It isn't like we have to actively sit there and maintain them. 

Well it seems they will only degrade if you aren't paid up on your taxes.  It isn't like we have to actively sit there and maintain them. 

Exactly.  No one "needs" a care(bear)taker for their EK.   

Which bring me back to the questions I have asked 100 times with no answers.

1.  Will tax free parcels negate me having to pay upkeep?

2.  Can I buy more tax free parcels from the Cash shop?

3.  Can several accounts that have tax free parcels combine them into a 1 ek.

Yes I should be able to use RL $$$$$ to build up my EK.  They have repeatedly said EK's are not necessary to play the game and they will not add power to a character.  My items decaying and replacing my power items via crafting should be a good sink to keep inflation to a minimum.  I would even go 1 step further and if someone has VIP, they are already paying 15 bucks a months and that should cover any and all taxes/upkeep.  If you choose not to pay the 15 bucks a month then you have to pay taxes and upkeep in game.

Exactly.  No one "needs" a care(bear)taker for their EK.   

Aside from if you want to have someone delegated from your guild there selling your extra resources to other kingdoms who didn't attain as much from their campaigns for profit.  But correct, that is in no way necessary to success.   May people probably won't care about turning combat prowess into economic power, or might instead choose to do so in a more local (campaign) capacity.  

It is simply another market for people to cover if they so choose.  

So we aren't going to sieging like we did in Shadowbane are we .... kind of  disappointed to be honest. I think they missed the mark here with EK's personally. There is not going to be any long term consequences for guilds and their actions with this system. The campaigns are time limited .. so if you loose crap there who cares. Than you go to safety mode in EK once a guild or person runs their mouth.

I don't see the same Political type intensity we seen with shadowbane. I don't think I am too far off to comparing this to trammel to be honest. Oh well

The only game that would've had the kind of sieging and politics shadowbane had would be -- shadowbane. It's been a 10 year holy grail that people have been searching for the next shadowbane. Same thing with UO players who have been searching for their holy grail the last 15-20 years pre-trammel. You can keep looking for someone who is exactly like your ex minus her faults, or you can just realize you're going to have to find someone new unless your ex happens to pop back up.

There are two emulators right now, one that is mostly the same as live and another one that is SB 1.5: the redheaded stepchild. While you my prefer one or the other, it appears that the majority of shadowbane veterans choose neither. While everyone has their reasons, it appears the general consensus is: they actually don't want to play shadowbane anymore. Am I wrong? Both emus populations have dwindled since launch. SB 2 can't even be SB2 since a CN company owns the rights. We've all seen what Asians do to games and how they're virtually unrecognizable once they get done with them in their own style.

On live, there would be a massive server up. A million little guilds would pop up alongside the resident big guilds. The big guilds would absorb the little guilds. A few NvN battles would occur until the point where the resident super zerg is identified either as one nation or an alliance. Then there would be a counter alliance or zerg that would beat the other one off the server unless the resident super zerg wins in which case it'll break up naturally or make the server go stale. If the counter zerg wins, politics diversify and stale or another super zerg is established. With some variations, rinse and repeat for every server except Mourning.

Now if anyone loses, they lose their city they spent 30 days farming their eyeballs out for. They could try making it out of a safehold or they will quit. Server up populations were always the strongest (as observed by Todd) and people tend to quit after the initial struggle is gone. That's exactly what Crowfall is trying to emulate. They want to give you the server up struggle and then before things get stale, wipe and then you go back to your city and enjoy the spoils.

People need to stop looking at EK as someone's cap and more like a safehold like Khar or SDR. A lot of RPK guilds operated from safeholds due to all the carebears crushing their cities because they wanted to PK all day. Until that became the norm, that's what they'd do. Now RPK guilds would be considered carebears in the Crowfall EK idea?

TL;DR: Shadowbane is your ex. She's gone. Move on.

Exactly.

Top-level crafters will almost certainly at least start their careers by being the 'team crafter' on a Campaign where they will have more resources and a constant need for their skills to keep their team in good gear. This will give them both way more practice than they could get in the EK and a share of the loot for their own projects when the Campaign ends.

CopperStall

The simple solution is that you only build up your own land, but when you become a guild member it becomes a part of the whole (gets Tetris'd in)

So it benefits the guild to have you (you bring new buildings that benefit everyone, you pay taxes, etc), but you're still working towards building up your own land. If the guild breaks up, you still maintain all your own land and buildings.

I think this is a really good idea.  Or, at least, give you the option to do so.

Edited by rhone

Posted Today, 07:47 PM

Teekey, on 20 Mar 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:snapback.png

The simple solution is that you only build up your own land, but when you become a guild member it becomes a part of the whole (gets Tetris'd in)

So it benefits the guild to have you (you bring new buildings that benefit everyone, you pay taxes, etc), but you're still working towards building up your own land. If the guild breaks up, you still maintain all your own land and buildings.

rhone, on 21 Mar 2015 - 1:47 PM, said:

I think this is a really good idea.  Or, at least, give you the option to do so.

I prefer this as well. On top of that an option to allow out EKs be open for war makes them more than a safe lobby.

I role play a wordsmith.

I don't think the EK FAQ is quite finished yet. We still need to know if the actual size of an EK matters and how easy they will be to build up. For example, does more space for more buildings equal more advantages and thus more power, or can a single starter EK hold all the necessary advantages? How long will it take to build up these advantages? Can the starter EKs be equally as effective, or will we be forced to use one or two of these "dominant" ones that will emerge? It may turn out that we can get whatever we need easily from our own or a small guild EK, that we actually avoid the massive EKs because they are just too much trouble. If, however, resources are so scarce and the buildings (and therefore the advantages of those buildings) are so hard to come by that the only EKs that exist of value are the ones owned by the mega guilds, this could become a significant problem.

Edited by Mytherceria