Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

I think my question is the same as nakawe's, though it's hard to express in terms of cells versus parcels.

I'd phrase it like this:

2. Will we be able to combine two or more kickstarter packages, for purposes of obtaining a contiguous block of cells (upon which we could then place our parcels)?  For instance, two amber kickstarter accounts will each get "5 bonus tax-free parcels."  Will we be able to combine (at least some of) the cells from the first account with the cells for the second account -- where "combine" means make them contiguous?

Earlier, ThomasB answered "yes" when nakawe posted a similar question:

"3.  Can several accounts that have tax free parcels combine them into a 1 ek."

But that question was phrased in terms of parcels, which are clearly more mobile than cells, so I'm not sure the same "yes' applies to my question.

Yes much better worded......The answer he gave prompted me to think about the same way you proposed this question.  The reason I want to know is because I may upgrade the guild account to ruby and have the guildmates lower their sapphire accounts to amber.  BUT, if we can use the cells from a kickstarter package on someone else's ek, then we will leave everything the way it is.

Looks so nice, hope you find a nice way to implement the "tetris". Looking forward to the next 3 days, see how many stretch goals we get. Keep up the good information.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

I don't get the point of this... i mean, where is the Game of Thrones kind of stuff? i'm seeing no risks to maintain a EK besides the upkeep, why would anyone fight over anything? the monarch will choose who gets this land or that land, and nobody can do much about it...

Feels like there is going to be instead of one Uncle Bob in a table of 7 players, it will be somehting like 300 Uncle Bobs in a table of 2100 players, i feel there needs to be more risks (not necessarily PvP) to the EKs to prevent them growing like crazy, or else it doesn't matter if you reset the campaigns, there is always going to have "Kingdom Uncle Bob and friends" ahead of the competition.

If the only way to have a fair competition is to go on no import campaigns, what's the point? there is no merge between strategy and MMO like that. If there were more risks to EKs, being it PvE, politics, anything really... if there is nothing stopping you from growing, you will just hit the cap before anyone else and monopolize, having something that can shift the one who has power over stuff would really help this... i think.

Other than that, pretty excited about everything, it just feels like the Uncle Bob scenario will just keep happening, and nobody can stop it besides Uncle Bob  himself... or correct me, if i'm wrong.

I think my question is the same as nakawe's, though it's hard to express in terms of cells versus parcels.

I'd phrase it like this:

Will we be able to combine two or more kickstarter packages, for purposes of obtaining a contiguous block of cells (upon which we could then place our parcels)?  For instance, two amber kickstarter accounts will each get "5 bonus tax-free parcels."  Will we be able to combine (at least some of) the cells from the first account with the cells for the second account -- where "combine" means make them contiguous?

Earlier, ThomasB answered "yes" when nakawe posted a similar question:

"3.  Can several accounts that have tax free parcels combine them into a 1 ek."

But that question was phrased in terms of parcels, which are clearly more mobile than cells, so I'm not sure the same "yes" applies to my question.

Looking at the KS FAQ, I see something which makes me more doubtful about the ability to "combine" cells from different KS accounts:

"Can I combine My Eternal Kingdom Content with friends and guild members?

The structures (castles, villas, etc) can be moved to other Kingdoms -- but once placed there, they can't be removed. So, be careful where you place them!

The parcels of land can't be moved; we could probably solve this problem technically (with some limitations) but it could cause design issues."

(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description)

Or maybe we will end up being able to combine some of the cells, as long as we do it before we "unlock" them.

(I seem to recall them mentioning an "unlock" step.)

Who knows...

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

The structures (castles, villas, etc) can be moved to other Kingdoms -- but once placed there, they can't be removed. So, be careful where you place them!

The parcels of land can't be moved; we could probably solve this problem technically (with some limitations) but it could cause design issues."

(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/description)

Or maybe we will end up being able to combine some of the cells, as long as we do it before we "unlock" them.

(I seem to recall them mentioning an "unlock" step.)

Who knows...

This directly contradicts the faq for EK's released on kickstarter...  

If I invest in parcels or buildings and drop them on a World, are they locked there?  What if I change my mind and want to leave? 

If you decide to leave a world – or, if you are ejected from a World by the players above you in the fealty chain -- all of your structures (and any relics or thralls placed in them) will be moved into your account bank. Parcels and Buildings can be moved easily from your account bank into a new Kingdom, once you find one.  

Also, this leads us to believe that you can indeed share land, though you may not be able to take that back?   IDK lot's of mixed signals:

Can I own land or be a tenant on multiple different Kingdoms? 

Yes, you can – but you should make sure you have the appropriate amount of land to place for the provinces you are granted. No monarch is going to want to grant provinces to Nobles who can’t put that space to good use! 

Edited by Forranach

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

This directly contradicts the faq for EK's released on kickstarter...  

If I invest in parcels or buildings and drop them on a World, are they locked there?  What if I change my mind and want to leave? 

If you decide to leave a world – or, if you are ejected from a World by the players above you in the fealty chain -- all of your structures (and any relics or thralls placed in them) will be moved into your account bank. Parcels and Buildings can be moved easily from your account bank into a new Kingdom, once you find one.  

Also, this leads us to believe that you can indeed share land, though you may not be able to take that back?   IDK lot's of mixed signals:

Can I own land or be a tenant on multiple different Kingdoms? 

Yes, you can – but you should make sure you have the appropriate amount of land to place for the provinces you are granted. No monarch is going to want to grant provinces to Nobles who can’t put that space to good use! 

Personally, I'd go with the most recent information on the EK's.  They openly stated that they were still working on the EK designs.  Things probably changed. 

Not sure if anyone has asked this or not (I haven't seen it):

Will *ALL* of my characters be locked into the EK that I swear fealty to, or can each of my characters swear fealty to different EKs?  Might be hard to be a spy if all of em go to the same EK.   :mellow:

Personally, I'd go with the most recent information on the EK's.  They openly stated that they were still working on the EK designs.  Things probably changed. 

Will *ALL* of my characters be locked into the EK that I swear fealty to, or can each of my characters swear fealty to different EKs?  Might be hard to be a spy if all of em go to the same EK.   :mellow:

Welcome back, and congratulations Mal!

We know that your EK is account based, and we know that you'll be able to swear fealty to multiple EKs, but we don't know if that fealty is at a character level or an account level.  That would be an excellent question for today's AMA (which I won't be able to participate in).

I would hope that it's by character rather than by account, as doing it by account will require the duplicitous types to maintain multiple accounts.  [p2w confirmed! ;)]

Anyone know how this was handled in SB?

soli deo gloria

I bought a multiple accounts at the $30 price range because I did not want to take a chance on this.  Besides,  logging out 1 char and having to log in another will get you busted eventually.

Buy those extra low priced accounts up everyone...Even at $36 bucks you save 14 off the regular price and you get all those ks rewards for the account.  It is rumored that the cost of the tax free parcel alone could offset the cost of the second account.

I'm not sure how it plays into fealty, but apparently on Twitter yesterday they said the EK is account based, so all of the characters for that account go to the same EK.

"Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions the Eternal K. will be one per account or one per character?

A: @Himblerk @CrowfallGame One per account, all characters share the same EK"

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5162-twitter-qa-summary-from-march-23/

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

You are monarch of 1 EK, but you can swear fealty to as many as you like. Fealty basically just means that you have building rights in someone else's EK.

Edited by M0rdred