Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

Generally this would be the guild leader or one of the guild officers EK that the guild leadership decides upon. Something like the guild leader is the monarch and all the officers are the major province owners, older members are minor province owners, regular members are lot owners.

Also the core 9 cell/parcel allotment can not be picked up and placed into another Kingdom, it is locked to that world.

If I contribute resources to build cells in my guildleader's kingdom, and my guildleader goes rogue, I have no recompense or recourse. I can pick up my parcels and buildings (to some extent), but as it's been presented to us raw real estate doesn't move. That being the case, ownership of that real estate should be vestable in some organizational office as opposed to a named individual- unless the intention is specifically to make EKs a personal popularity contest rather than a community effort.

Add my voice to those who would very much like to see the option to  build EKs which belong to a guild, corporation, or other multiplayer organization, with systems in place to allow for eviction and replacement of individual leaders.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Did you read the update?  It's totally optional.

Unless you play in campaigns that allow imports. Then you better be working that Trammel game.

Also, if you're a min-maxer, you're going to want to get those trophy houses so you can squeeze in every advantage you can.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Generally this would be the guild leader or one of the guild officers EK that the guild leadership decides upon. Something like the guild leader is the monarch and all the officers are the major province owners, older members are minor province owners, regular members are lot owners.

Also the core 9 cell/parcel allotment can not be picked up and placed into another Kingdom, it is locked to that world.

Everyone is a Monarch, not a King.  King is a title that stems from enough land and buildings placed on your Kingdom. It will more than likely require a large guild or large merchant network to have enough parcels/buildings to have a world grant the owner the title King.

Sure, I get this. I'm asking if it's possible to sever the connection between a single human player and the EK, and re-assign this to a "Guild" entity instead? One where the Guild Leader is the default Monarch, regardless of the human player who fill's the role of Guild Leader.

This sort of persistence could be very cool. Also, you say the "core 9 cell" are locked to the player EK, but this means I could donate *other* cells I am getting... say with my KS reward.... to this new Guild EK. Right? 

Please make this a thing!!

eEvERiW.jpg

If I contribute resources to build cells in my guildleader's kingdom, and my guildleader goes rogue, I have no recompense or recourse. I can pick up my parcels and buildings (to some extent), but as it's been presented to us raw real estate doesn't move. That being the case, ownership of that real estate should be vestable in some organizational office as opposed to a named individual- unless the intention is specifically to make EKs a personal popularity contest rather than a community effort.

Add my voice to those who would very much like to see the option to  build EKs which belong to a guild, corporation, or other multiplayer organization, with systems in place to allow for eviction and replacement of individual leaders.

The simple solution is that you only build up your own land, but when you become a guild member it becomes a part of the whole (gets Tetris'd in)

So it benefits the guild to have you (you bring new buildings that benefit everyone, you pay taxes, etc), but you're still working towards building up your own land. If the guild breaks up, you still maintain all your own land and buildings.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

This game? I don't see the point in wasting ANY resources on an optional social hub.

We have a 10 page thread complaining about Virtual Reality 'detracting' from PvP features...and yet here is the elephant in the room: The Eternal Kingdoms.

Yes there will be a cost to building the EK's (nothing is free) however from our perspective this is the same core tech we are using for the Campaign worlds. We plan on using same Tetris piece overlays to make the Campaign worlds POI's, ruins, castles, work. In a crude example:  imagine a big giant box of Tetris pieces and the campaign worlds grab a handful of them when the world is generating, drops them down and then fills in the remaining space with smaller pieces.

We have to spend the time to make them already, this way we get lots of re-use out of them for those who are interested in the EK portion of the game.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Unless you play in campaigns that allow imports. Then you better be working that Trammel game.

Also, if you're a min-maxer, you're going to want to get those trophy houses so you can squeeze in every advantage you can.

Or unless you play a campaign with Export rules. You can craft anything you want in the ending camapign and use the Export Rules to take stuff out, then the Import rules of the new campaign to get stuff in. We do still need more info on how this will all work (no freaking ENGesus!!!!!), but it means you don't need to use the EK at all.

eEvERiW.jpg

Crazy amount of buzz in the guild forums. It is looking like the EK we populate will be all PvP, all the time... While this sounds scary for market potential, I'm hearing the beginnings of a police force that will be attempting to 'serve and protect' - so some risk for hardcore merchants in that ne'er do wells may be roaming the streets, but there will be defenders likewise roaming the streets.

In this regard, I would love to get some more detail on the permissions settings for an EK. Is the allow/deny list granular? meaning can I deny 'captured / killed' felons from re-entry?

Essentially, the goal would be to detain the alleged criminal for trial, and if found guilty lock them out of the EK for however long the sentence is. (we can play around with prison breaks as well - if N friendlies manage to get to point X, we allow the escapee back in to raise more hell).

Several Kingdoms is probably what is going to happen naturally. I would guess everyone won't have the materials to unlock the cells, or the materials to buy the parcels. It's much more likely that people will band together to make 1 big world and build on it, but we aren't forcing it to happen. We are just creating the tools for the players to make it happen.

Won't this essentially be the Uncle Bob situation you were trying to avoid? The largest guilds control the largest persistent trade networks. The rich become richer. And no one else really stands a chance in rising up to become a major kingdom because they either don't have enough players, or they weren't well-established early enough to compete. 

Won't this essentially be the Uncle Bob situation you were trying to avoid? The largest guilds control the largest persistent trade networks. The rich become richer. And no one else really stands a chance in rising up to become a major kingdom because they either don't have enough players, or they weren't well-established early enough to compete. 

this

Not if you choose to play on zero import campaigns. :)

Teekay think about it this way:

the EK will result in a lot of cash for ACE and thus for the game.

look at how much money people spend for a freakin plushie in Archeage. It's horrendous.

People pay insane prices for pretty but useless stuff in these games.

Stop reading my brain, jeez.

I remember us talking to Teekey and others a few weeks ago, we were worried EK would turn out to be exactly this.

They thought we were misunderstanding informations then.. oh well, guess we were right after all. :D

At this point, however, I do understand ACE intentions and I am ok with them. I will just play on the Dregs.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Or unless you play a campaign with Export rules. You can craft anything you want in the ending camapign and use the Export Rules to take stuff out, then the Import rules of the new campaign to get stuff in. We do still need more info on how this will all work (no freaking ENGesus!!!!!), but it means you don't need to use the EK at all.

The big issue in my mind is...what is the reward for winning Campaigns if you don't care about the Eternal Kingdom at all?

There just seems to be a disconnect in the design. Either you care about the EK to get the most out of campaigns...or you just play campaigns for the sake of playing campaigns?

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

There is NO game in the Eternal Kingdoms so there game be NO Uncle Bob.   The size of the EK does not guarantee it will be used for commerce.  Maybe some of the larger guilds want a huge guild hall to hang out it.  To have their crafters make their armour.   If they are only having space and a nice surroundings to converse and craft how is that an advantage?  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Can we get some more info on how invading an enemy guild's EK will work?

From what it sounds like, it's not a core module feature, but something they want to add later.

Also, it's completely optional and both sides have to consent to it.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Either you care about the EK to get the most out of campaigns...or you just play campaigns for the sake of playing campaigns?

YEP. Campaigns (for us) are made to be won for the sake of it.. it's not like you play Risk because losers are gonna buy you a pizza or something.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

The big issue in my mind is...what is the reward for winning Campaigns if you don't care about the Eternal Kingdom at all?

There just seems to be a disconnect in the design. Either you care about the EK to get the most out of campaigns...or you just play campaigns for the sake of playing campaigns?

WINNING!    Some just play to win.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

YEP. Campaigns are made to be won.. it's not like you play Risk just because losers are gonna buy you a pizza or something.

I'm fine with playing just to play. I'm ultra competitive.

But it just doesn't feel like a coherent game design.

Here is the optional social hub...but if you want to get the most out of your PvP victories, you better step up your Trammel game!

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG