Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

Because ACE knows that the game has appeal beyond just hard core PVP.

The beauty is that this does not detract at all from PVP...it enhances it.

You MUST participate in campaigns if you want to play in your "carebear fun land". I would think if you are a fan of PVP, you would love what the EK is as it will keep a steady supply of people in campaigns.

I know I am.

without the EK crap people would be in campaigns all the time, not just when they need resources. I'm just a little disappointed in ACE since we were told this is a risk/reward based game, that it won't be for everyone and they were ok with that. Turns out they had this whole side of the game that is COMPLETELY safe for people to hide out in. What kind of risk is that? Sounds like pixel hugging SIM city garbage to me.

Also, it's completely optional and both sides have to consent to it.

Count me in.

But I will want to make a game out of it... I'll put up X materials that say I win, you put up an equal amount that says you win, we agree to the terms of the battle (numbers and win condition) - and lets have at it! :D

I'm fine with playing just to play. I'm ultra competitive.

But it just doesn't feel like a coherent game design.

I agree, and as I pointed out WEEKS ago, I don't like how they made EK sound (especially with import-export ratios) when they first talked about it.

Did you remember us arguing then, when I said it was Trammel & Felucca all over again? :)

At least this time they won't ruin the main game, I hope.

without the EK crap people would be in campaigns all the time, not just when they need resources. I'm just a little disappointed in ACE since we were told this is a risk/reward based game, that it won't be for everyone and they were ok with that. Turns out they had this whole side of the game that is COMPLETELY safe for people to hide out in. What kind of risk is that? Sounds like pixel hugging SIM city garbage to me.

Again, EK is not the main game. Campaigns are.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

How are those people hiding going to get the things they need to build up their EK's?  The things they need are in the Campaigns.  I'm not giving mine to them ( assuming I have any )  Are you?     If they wanna chase each other around undeveloped land  then let them.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I have a few questions

1. Will Tax free plots be offered in the cash shop later?  or are they specific to kickstarter?  It would kinda suck if I bought some parcels from the cash shop and then was charged tax on them.
  2. The tax free parcels from kick starter can be moved to another account if we choose so.  As an example, I have an amber pledge and a Sapphire pledge.  Together they include 15 tax free parcels.  Am I reading this right that all 15 can be used on 1 account?
  3. Will the guild structure be  configured in a way so I can give someone access to the majority of features available for this kingdom?  Or will I have to give some trusted member of my guild access to my account?

The big issue in my mind is...what is the reward for winning Campaigns if you don't care about the Eternal Kingdom at all?

There just seems to be a disconnect in the design. Either you care about the EK to get the most out of campaigns...or you just play campaigns for the sake of playing campaigns?

Well, I guess the reward for winning a campaign is... winning? More resources to use in crafting better gear? If EK didn't exist, what would your 'reward' be for winning in a campaign?

eEvERiW.jpg

The EK has been a part of the game since the beginning. It's just been a mystery up to now.

eEvERiW.jpg

The big issue in my mind is...what is the reward for winning Campaigns if you don't care about the Eternal Kingdom at all?

There just seems to be a disconnect in the design. Either you care about the EK to get the most out of campaigns...or you just play campaigns for the sake of playing campaigns?

This was my problem before, but then they announced the Artefacts and Relics system which gives a reason to care because without it, you are right, there was none beyond pride. The social / trade / cosmetic elements are more or less irrelevant to those who care only for the campaigns though. 

This was my problem before, but then they announced the Artefacts and Relics system which gives a reason to care because without it, you are right, there was none beyond pride. The social / trade / cosmetic elements are more or less irrelevant to those who care only for the campaigns though. 

Yeah, the min-maxer hardcore PvPers are going to care about the EK to some extent, even if just to have trophy houses.

I think part of the problem is that they're trying to please everyone with the different rule sets and import/export rules. They've even mentioned possible rulesets without Relic/Artifact buffs.

Just something as simple as allowing imports to all campaigns, then PvPers will HAVE to care about the Eternal Kingdom if they want to maximize their potential in campaigns.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Thank you for the update on EK's!  Lots of fun stuff.

I still have a few questions (of course since I have this stellar rep as a raving ***** who is nevah happy and yet is somehow a snackcake at the same time.  Multitasker!):

1.  PvP was mentioned as something that can be enabled for individual kingdoms in prior announcements.  Can you verify that this is still the case?

2.  Less a question than a concern hidden in a question - would you folks please look carefully at the resource amounts required to clear land and to place buildings and make sure it's balanced with export options?  For example if there is only the Dregs at launch and you're making the resource amounts required to clear the land large amounts you're going to create a system where the bulk of the players will not be able to clear and build for months and months.  If we launch with a few other rulesets the amounts needed to clear and build can be larger but it's important that the resource amounts needed not be so prohibitive that it takes 6 months to clear a bit of land.

3.  It looks like all of the buildings mentioned are prebuilt and put into place via adding resources.  Will we be able to actually build anything from the ground up in the EK's?

4.  Any word on decor/furniture/that one fellow's hot tub for his front yard?  One aspect of SWG that I sorely miss was the ability to truly decorate.  Is that in the works at all/maybe down the road but not at launch/never gonna happen?

5.  It's been said before in this thread but would you consider land that is jointly owned? Or core land that can be transferred in guild situations.  The concern over building a guild center on one player's EK and then having them bail or take advantage is pretty high in spite of all our loyal guilded CF'ers swearing this would never happen to them but what about Guild Over There - they're concerned on their behalf. Can we get an alliance mechanic of some kind on the EK's that spreads out the ownership of the core parcel or allows it to be transferred?

Thanks again for the update.

Edited cause I can't count.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Yeah, the min-maxer hardcore PvPers are going to care about the EK to some extent, even if just to have trophy houses.

I think part of the problem is that they're trying to please everyone with the different rule sets and import/export rules.

Just something as simple as allow importing to all campaigns, then PvPers will HAVE to care about the Eternal Kingdom if they want to maximize their potential in campaigns.

It was never said that ALL campaigns will allow import.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Again, EK is not the main game. Campaigns are.

are they? Because I've read every single post by dev and it seems to me the purpose of dying world campaigns are to bring back resources to eternal kingdoms. That would make developing EK's as the goal and campaigns a means to an end. And if the EK are completely risk free and why should I care about building it up? Therefor, why should I care about winning a campaign? Edited by dreaden

are they? Because I've read every single post by dev and it seems to me the purpose of dying world campaigns are to bring back resources to eternal kingdoms. That would make developing EK's as the goal and campaigns a means to an end. And if the EK are completely risk free and why should I care about building it up? Therefor, why should I care about winning a campaign?

Neither are necessarily the main game. The campaigns are to build the EKs which give bonuses(artifacts) when you go into the next campaign, it is a cycle of means-to-ends.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

I have to agree with teekay here.

It's highly annoying when people try to argue semantics.

Based on their other comments about having larger kingdoms being easier to find I don't think the King VS Monarch thing is strictly semantics.

Seeing as how you need to have a certain sized kingdom to be a king, it means a king will show up near the top of the EK list while all the 9 square monarchs will be at the bottom. 

You answered your own comment.

If someone wants to take no risk, they can hide in their EK. They also get no reward.

Without the EKs, if someone wants to take no risk, they don't play the game. 

The EKs keep these people involved in the community and in an MMO active players are everything.

Removing them isn't going to help the numbers in campaigns, it would only reduce the numbers in the communities.

Or to put it another way

When a player decides they had enough risk for the day, in a purely campaign game they log out for safety.

In a game with EKs they can go rest and socialize in the EKs.

are they? Because I've read every single post by dev and it seems to me the purpose of dying world campaigns are to bring back resources to eternal kingdoms. That would make developing EK's as the goal and campaigns a means to an end. And if the EK are completely risk free and why should I care about building it up? Therefor, why should I care about winning a campaign?

The Campaigns are the main part of the game. Something the Devs have said since day one, so clearly you haven't read every single dev post. If you need to ask whats the point of winning a Campaign then perhaps you're missing the point of a PvP game, especially this one thats based on Dying Worlds, player looting, item decay etc. This isn't another chase the purple pixel themepark game.

Edited by pang

Artefacts and relics.

Before those there really was absolutely no reason to care about winning in campaigns which would have just resulted in people giving up and moving to alts (or just griefing each other) instead of fighting through to the bitter end if there was even a small chance of victory. 

Will we have the ability to build arenas in the EK? So we can have some PvP "areas" instead of PvP ON or PvP OFF?

I like this idea. Being able to designate PVP areas would create some interesting player-made scenarios.

I'm quite disappointed... I'm thinking about changing my pledge to the first one (40$)... EK freak me out :w

Which pledge level are you at? If it's an early bird I'm sure someone would be glad to take it.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

If you need a reason to play on a PVP game apart from conquering, outsmarting your opponent, winning.. I don't know if you should be playing it at all.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

How are those people hiding going to get the things they need to build up their EK's?  The things they need are in the Campaigns.  I'm not giving mine to them ( assuming I have any )  Are you?     If they wanna chase each other around undeveloped land  then let them.  

This pretty much sums it up.