Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

Exactly. There's absolutely no risk or reward. They've completely watered down the meaning of being a king...because EVERYONE is a king.

The problem is, they're using the Eternal Kingdom for the cash shop (and backer rewards) so they've had to basically make the EK devoid of any real risk or meaning.

Just because you have a kingdom doesn't mean you are a King.  You can sit alone in your EK that you are the head monarch of, that doesn't mean you are actually the king of anything.  

"Your part can be the king, but unless people are treating you like royalty, you ain't no king, man."

Jeff Bridges

yTzeAMV.jpg

If you need a reason to play on a PVP game apart from conquering, outsmarting your opponent, winning.. I don't know if you should be playing it at all.

Meh. It is still somewhat disheartening that carebears will get 'more' out of PvP success than PvPers.

Perhaps they could add things like special armor (visual only), or battle standards, or something as rewards for winning campaigns.

It's one thing to know you're better, it's another to be able to rub it in their faces   ;)

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

Meh. It is still somewhat disheartening that carebears will get 'more' out of PvP success than PvPers.

Perhaps they could add things like special armor (visual only), or battle standards, or something as rewards for winning campaigns.

It's one thing to know you're better, it's another to be able to rub it in their faces   ;)

Great idea.. but it's more profitable to put them in the cash-shop :>

Srsly, it's a good idea. With popcornFX, they could do nices things :P

It is obvious to me, which is what I envisioned, that the people who play this game to its fullest potential via participating in ek's and campaigns will get the most fulfillment out of the game.

This is why I said since the start, that, my guild will be supporting all player types.  What Artcraft is trying to do is marry the several different player bases into 1 fun game.  Let them try their vision, I know it is what I signed up for.

What is the difference between an Artifact and a Relic?

Artifacts are typically guild rewards. Relics are typically player rewards.

Artifacts are “World” rewards. These can only be gained by winning Campaigns. Artifacts are meaningful trophies (like the World Cup) that can be displayed in your Eternal Kingdom, that confer their blessings on all the players who own land in that Kingdom.

An example of an Artifact might be “the Anvil of Kane”, which (when placed, for example, inside a Reliquary in a Mountain Citadel) offers the “Strength of the Crescent Moon” blessing to all the players on this World.

Did you miss that update?  If you win your campaign and get a Relic put that in your Eternal Kingdom and draw people to be your vassels.  People who don't win Campaigns can't have Artifacts, unless they trade them away.

Edited by knyght

yTzeAMV.jpg

It's honestly just a 3-way circlejerk between Teekay, Fenris, and Aang being vocal. The rest of the posters seem relatively happy about the system.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Exactly. There's absolutely no risk or reward. They've completely watered down the meaning of being a king...because EVERYONE is a king.

The problem is, they're using the Eternal Kingdom for the cash shop (and backer rewards) so they've had to basically make the EK devoid of any real risk or meaning.

If everyone is the king, no one is the king. Which is how it is. Ruling over an empty EK, regardless of how large someone might make it on their own is rather pointless.

Those that don't want to be King (like myself) will join a larger EK and bend the knee. Over time this will shrink the total number of Kings down do a few.

Although I agree there is no risk and no way to settle drama or overthrow leadership. We can only take our balls and go home.

Hopefully they figure out ways to add risk to the optional PVP even if it is for bragging rights, betting, or whatever else. However, I really like the campaign concept and wouldn't want the EKs to replace their purpose. They've fleshed out and changed things since the start, no reason they can't think up and create other options as time progresses.

Edited by Allein

Why do you assume that anyone who likes the more meta-elements of the Eternal Kingdom is a carebear? I love crafting, I love PvP, and I love actually having reasons to fight and win.

without the EK crap people would be in campaigns all the time, not just when they need resources. I'm just a little disappointed in ACE since we were told this is a risk/reward based game, that it won't be for everyone and they were ok with that. Turns out they had this whole side of the game that is COMPLETELY safe for people to hide out in. What kind of risk is that? Sounds like pixel hugging SIM city garbage to me.

So others putting money into the part you enjoy and having no influence on your experience is bad?

It's honestly just a 3-way circlejerk between Teekay, Fenris, and Aang being vocal. The rest of the posters seem relatively happy about the system.

Not so much Fen, he seems pretty much okay with it, he's smart enough to figure out it doesn't matter for those of us who just like to crush people and win, but benefit the game greatly as it will bring in a lot more people this way. dreaden is the one spazzing out the most it would seem.

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

I think most of us have understood from the beginning that EKs were an optional, social hub trophy room. So when we hear actual details to that fact most shouldn't be surprised or upset.

Edited by pang

Reading through this thread - I'd like to say the following.

For those who are stressed or dismayed by the EK because it's too much of a distraction from the campaigns or you're concerned that carebears will hide out on their EK's and never set foot in a campaign and therefore wreck the game I'm here to say that I'm going to make an alt, name them something horrible and taunting (Can'tTouchThis or WishYouCouldHitThis or even SquishyMcBearCake) and they're never, ever going to leave the EK. 

They'll be there day after day and they will never PvP.  They might not even craft.  They'll change their outfit now and again and roleplay with the flora and fauna.  They'll lie on their back and stare at the clouds.  But they're never going to leave the EK and they're never going to PvP.

I bet my sparkly unicorn hat that you'll have a fantastic time in the game regardless. In fact I doubt that my lil squishycore McNeverFights will ever be on your radar let along impact any part of your gameplay.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Reading through this thread - I'd like to say the following.

For those who are stressed or dismayed by the EK because it's too much of a distraction from the campaigns or you're concerned that carebears will hide out on their EK's and never set foot in a campaign and therefore wreck the game I'm here to say that I'm going to make an alt, name them something horrible and taunting (Can'tTouchThis or WishYouCouldHitThis or even SquishyMcBearCake) and they're never, ever going to leave the EK. 

They'll be there day after day and they will never PvP.  They might not even craft.  They'll change their outfit now and again and roleplay with the flora and fauna.  They'll lie on their back and stare at the clouds.  But they're never going to leave the EK and they're never going to PvP.

I bet my sparkly unicorn hat that you'll have a fantastic time in the game regardless. In fact I doubt that my lil squishycore McNeverFights will ever be on your radar let along impact any part of your gameplay.

I had a SB character called Cant touch this :D

Dont forget the tournaments afterwards each campaign...

I already forgot about that poorly made socks...

dont remind me

Edited by freeze

I would argue that PVPers get the better end of the deal.

You have a lot more victims to crush because of the reason you just said!

PVPers get more people to kill, which is what they want. They also get an extra system they can choose to ignore.

All gain, no loss for you!

Bears on the other hand have to be bribed to do things they normally don't enjoy. They pay a cost for something they deem a benefit.

Its like playing in a LARP. Few people want to be NPCs but without them the game is no fun. So they are bribed to NPC and everyone benefits. 

Oh, and don't forget the additional benefit. Since they are forced to try something new the experiance may cause a few to switch sides from bear to PVP. They may just decide they like it! 

Edited for grammar

Edited by ledeir

are they? Because I've read every single post by dev and it seems to me the purpose of dying world campaigns are to bring back resources to eternal kingdoms. That would make developing EK's as the goal and campaigns a means to an end. And if the EK are completely risk free and why should I care about building it up? Therefor, why should I care about winning a campaign?

I think that you're missing a key point here.

For PvP'ers the campaigns are the core of the game and they can give or take the EK.   They'll campaign and love the challenge and the glory.

For squishycores like me, if you left me to my own devices I'd never go to the campaigns.  But because the resources are tied to the campaigns I have to go and I have to PvP.  

The lack of resources on the EK's/only source of resources is the campaigns is not a carrot for the PvP'ers to use their EK's as much as it is a carrot for us carebears to do the campaigns.

Truthfully it works. I'll be doing the campaigns.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

But why would I want to join anyone else's kingdom? The only difference it seems to make is you have to pay taxes, so why wouldn't everyone stay in their own kingdom and do everything from there?

What a big update! Thanks ACE!

It's really interesting that all of the worlds (EK and campaigns) are going to use the land tetris method. Initially from other voxel engines I though the world would be generated by much smaller parts. But for balance reasons, doing it this way is probably best. I really hope that doesn't result in really flat worlds with continuous recognizable section though.

Looks like I'll have not choice but to get a large group of friends to build on my EK or build on someone else's. Solo EKs don't seem to be very worthwhile.

Would you consider having neighboring EK worlds for guild alliances or GvG pvp?

Bn26hKY.jpg

Can I open (or close) my Kingdom?

As the Monarch, you can change your Kingdom to be “public” or “private” any time you like.

Why would I make my Kingdom “public”?

Players will be able to visit those Eternal Kingdoms that are public. Players who want to create marketplace (or social hub) will want to set their Kingdom to public and create one or more attractive, easy to navigate marketplaces in that Kingdom to attract other players.

What can players do in my Kingdom?

As the Monarch, you control the administration of your Kingdom. You can set the PvP rules, collect taxes, and grant provinces to other players, making them nobles of your Kingdom. You can collect taxes in whatever form you want to from your Nobles, be it resources or materials! Hey, it’s good to be the Monarch!

As a Noble, you can grant Lots to other players, making them vassals of the Kingdom and allowing them to place buildings on your land.

As a Vassal, you can erect buildings on your Lots, and grant access to these buildings to other players as tenants.

As a Tenant, you can place relics and thralls in the buildings you have access to, using these buildings as crafting stations and market/vendor locations.

(And remember, these permissions are hierarchical in nature – a Monarch can naturally do everything that his or her subjects can do!)

Might be nice if a court system accompanies the public kingdoms for when visitors get naughty..

then you can press charges if ,for example,you catch someone urinating against a divine cathedral.

Each archetype could have different roles in crime solving;
Ranger(investigation)
Champion (execution)
Confessor (interrogation)
Knight (supervise)
Assassin (wipe tracks)
Templar (keeping order)
Frostweaver (captivate target)
Duelist  (dismantle)
Stalker  (spy)
Forgemaster (crafting torture stuff)
Legionnaire (hunt targets)