Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/20/15 - Eternal Kingdoms!

agreed, for example in PvP free EK you can mindlessly transport materials around. PvP/looting in EK and you need protection, smaller batches of materials, alternate routes, that feeling that danger lurks around every corner... PvP free is a walk in a park and boring. Hear me now, with the current explanation of the EK there will beZERO successful PvP enable mercantile EK's and it shall be boring.

From how they've described it, I'm not sure that you'll even have to move materials around in the EKs.

soli deo gloria

Except this game has been marketed as Play2Crush, Risk vs Reward, Not for Everyone!

I heard about this game 30 days ago and since then,  they have advertised EK's to be exactly as they proposed today. 

Look, normally I am a min/maxer that thrives on the power curve for an advantage.  I like looking for game advantages and winning at all cost.  I feel your pain.  HUGE BUT,  I also want to try something different.  If it does not work out I am out the $$$ of a sapphire and amber kickstarter package.

I am willing to let this run the course.  If they feel they need to make changes because of player population, I am sure they will. 

Sounds great. On the view of porting to different EK's you need a rating system; so people can sort by rating. Visit the best ones, etc.

This is just asking for a few large guilds to dominate the EK scene.  That could get boring.  Larger kingdoms are easier to find than smaller ones anyway, we don't need a rating system on top of that.

"Having a larger parcel (like a Mountain Citadel, or an Imperial Palace) added to the World is highly valuable to any Monarch, especially one who is trying to build a mercantile empire, because it offers very efficient use of build space (number of available contiguous building lots), increases the concurrent player cap of the World, and increases the Kingdom’s visibility for other players when the Kingdom is set “public”."

I heard about this game 30 days ago and since then,  they have advertised EK's to be exactly as they proposed today. 

Look, normally I am a min/maxer that thrives on the power curve for an advantage.  I like looking for game advantages and winning at all cost.  I feel your pain.  HUGE BUT,  I also want to try something different.  If it does not work out I am out the $$$ of a sapphire and amber kickstarter package.

I am willing to let this run the course.  If they feel they need to make changes because of player population, I am sure they will. 

I'm playing it no matter what, as well. I'm in for $250. But I don't see any harm in voicing my opinion on the matter.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

agreed, for example in PvP free EK you can mindlessly transport materials around. PvP/looting in EK and you need protection, smaller batches of materials, alternate routes, that feeling that danger lurks around every corner... PvP free is a walk in a park and boring. Hear me now, with the current explanation of the EK there will beZERO successful PvP enable mercantile EK's and it shall be boring.

Yup, I agree.  The only reason they even made it an option was to shut up the forum warriors.  Play the game the way you want, in EK's you cannot force your play style on others.  It is that simple.....

This is just asking for a few large guilds to dominate the EK scene.  That could get boring.  Larger kingdoms are easier to find than smaller ones anyway, we don't need a rating system on top of that.

"Having a larger parcel (like a Mountain Citadel, or an Imperial Palace) added to the World is highly valuable to any Monarch, especially one who is trying to build a mercantile empire, because it offers very efficient use of build space (number of available contiguous building lots), increases the concurrent player cap of the World, and increases the Kingdom’s visibility for other players when the Kingdom is set “public”."

That could get boring for who?  Those that are burning things, killing things in the Campaigns?  Like we will know or care.   As I have said a million times the EK's will only be  important to those that want to make them important.  Btw;  The EK's are NOT the game.    

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I see EK as a place I can work to show case not only my wares but interact with friends and even rivals.

The Campaigns are the 'faucet' for most everything so players will need to either be in the campaigns or have a steady flow of resources from the campaigns to accomplish most anything it seems.  This concept that ppl that do not spend enough time in the campaigns are 'hiding out' where they can't be killed somehow lessons  PvP players enjoyment of the game is a bit ridiculous argument.

Those that step out onto the campaigns are choosing to challenge your guild, your faction and your skills. They seem like worth adversaries why are you discounting them for a few players that may want to spend their time and resources building and puttering around outside your reach?

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

That could get boring for who?  Those that are burning things, killing things in the Campaigns?  Like we will know or care.   As I have said a million times the EK's will only be  important to those that want to make them important.  Btw;  The EK's are NOT the game.    

You may not care, but people who are interested in EKs might.  They're certainly not the game, but they're a part of it.  All I'm saying is that a rating system would be redundant and useless when we can already find the larger kingdoms more easily than the smaller kingdoms.

So we implemented a rating system in LEGO Universe, for your own personal instance. People rated up and down the properties they thought were the best. You say a few guilds... but we had 1.5~ million properties (instances) that you could visit. And people would visit those non-stop, properties in the 300-1000 range in terms of rating were getting unique visits 20 times a day. So yea a few guilds might be in the top 10... But when you give them 200 to look at. people will visit the others.

So what if people want to visit the top 10 all the time. If they're listed by rating, owner, guild affiliation, and have a description on them. Go to the ones you want to; rate them how you want.

Here's the OPPOSITE case. in alpha and beta before we had a rating system. We had 100k properties, and you know what the number 1 complaint of the game was: " I cant find a property worth a damn to go to" (So be it, these are kids and didnt use that language; but the message is still the same).

Everyone sets their land public, and good luck finding that one instance that is actually populated.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/6A44MBh.png Picture of what it looked like, this is pretty dumbed down for this audience, but it worked well. (And before you cast it aside as a kids game > 60% of our playerbase (of 100k paying members) was > 18 (With i believe 35% being 24-29 ) 

Can sort by most rating, newest updated, 'amount of stuff' or search for one in particular.

Edited by shival

You may not care, but people who are interested in EKs might.  They're certainly not the game, but they're a part of it.  All I'm saying is that a rating system would be redundant and useless when we can already find the larger kingdoms more easily than the smaller kingdoms.

What game are you playing where you see a "winner"  in a bigger EK?  The "title" of KING is meaningless.  It will be granted to those that have a certain amount of parcels in his EK.  How long do you think it is going to take to build up a "business" in the Ek?   There's NOTHING there.  if you are worried about bigger EK's selling more stuff that smaller ones you best be asking where the stuff that is being sold is coming from.  Makes sense if those that RISK more in the campaigns have more to show for it.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

All good points, but as I said, EKs will already be more visible the bigger they are.  If they're big, it means far more effort has been put into building them, and it's very likely populated.

What game are you playing where you see a "winner"  in a bigger EK?  The "title" of KING is meaningless.  It will be granted to those that have a certain amount of parcels in his EK.  How long do you think it is going to take to build up a "business" in the Ek?   There's NOTHING there.  if you are worried about bigger EK's selling more stuff that smaller ones you best be asking where the stuff that is being sold is coming from.  Makes sense if those that RISK more in the campaigns have more to show for it.  

I didn't say the word "winner."  Also, we're not even talking about the same subject.  I'm saying that a rating system is unnecessary because there is a system already in place, that can't be exaggerated by a large guild or sabotaged by disgruntled players, as can happen with rating systems.

good update. still confused on the cells > parcels > ek size thing but at least it's a huge info drop. i'm happy

right there with you the tetris concept helped and hurt my understanding :) 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

I see EK as a place I can work to show case not only my wares but interact with friends and even rivals.

The Campaigns are the 'faucet' for most everything so players will need to either be in the campaigns or have a steady flow of resources from the campaigns to accomplish most anything it seems.  This concept that ppl that do not spend enough time in the campaigns are 'hiding out' where they can't be killed somehow lessons  PvP players enjoyment of the game is a bit ridiculous argument.

Those that step out onto the campaigns are choosing to challenge your guild, your faction and your skills. They seem like worth adversaries why are you discounting them for a few players that may want to spend their time and resources building and puttering around outside your reach?

first, EK are the only permenant world's and really the only way to make your mark on the game. Second, it's the design of the game to work your ass off in campaigns to provide for your EK. If EK are boring, perminant, land/cityscaping simulators with zero risk at all, why should pvper's even care? That all being said, it was marketed to people like me as a niche PvP game with the purpose of building kingdoms. Turns out everyone can have one and building kingdoms meant just that and nothing more. once it's built it's yours forever. No risk, just expensive player housing/trophy rooms.

Everyone sets their land public, and good luck finding that one instance that is actually populated.

This is where the boards come in.  Advertising your EK and working the word of mouth machine will be necessary if you want to get folks to come.

Giving specific guilds discounts so their members visit you is another option.  And banning their enemies from your EK will help as well.  Lots of ways to make yourself stand out.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

that's because of your weird imperial system.

Well I keep seeing cells and grids tossed around and i keep seeing the two used separately yet interchangeably. I'm just hard headed sometimes. A few times of re-reading it should sink in. How many parcels width x length an EK is should help!

And a tutorial for the EK sounds like a great starting point.

Why not require some sort of meaningful social decision? I mean, swearing fealty to multiple monarchs? Who thought that was a good idea? Doesn't that water down the idea of a noble/vassal/follower? Choosing a monarch should mean gaining allies AND gaining enemies.

The fealty to multiple Monarchs is actually pretty true to history, I learned about many French noblemen that owed fealty to several different masters once the web of fealty, marriages , etc was sorted out. Some historically were considered enemies on one side of a river bridge, and allies on the other. I think the ability to have multiple commitments and fealty in the game, enhances the political options. Maybe you could position yourself to be vital to two sides and come out the only true winner in a battle.

They are so so soooo close to being so so sooooo special. All they need is a more direct tie that helps fuel the PVP part of the game that makes it foolish to ignore them. 

I role play a wordsmith.