Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character customization

How much would you want to customize a character? Just the face and hair? Or would you want to go full on Sims on it. I wouldn't mind either way, as long as I can look unique enough that I don't see hundreds of other people who like like me.

Some minor things I would like is face paint, I don't see this too often but it would be cool to have some designs on my character to make them look more mysterious and cool.

7lXqKFL.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fat characters is a must, just to reflect the reality

I would like to see extensive customization. From tall and skinny to short and obese. Let there be piercings, scars and tattoos, Ive seen them in alot of games. There needs to alot of things that make

Let us customize as much as possible.  I've played many online games where no matter how different I try to look, I can find at least 100 who look just like me.  The more unique the better.  I LOVE th

This is not intended to start a fight or troll.

IM curious why stuff like this matters to people? Is it just another feature or thing to do? Is it a must? Why do you care if you look alike, Infact looking alike is a tactical advantage.

Just curious, I'm not opposed to it either, it just seems like a lot of work with no real purpose.

IM curious why stuff like this matters to people? Is it just another feature or thing to do? Is it a must? Why do you care if you look alike, Infact looking alike is a tactical advantage.

Just curious, I'm not opposed to it either, it just seems like a lot of work with no real purpose.

I'm hideous in real life, and I want to make my character hideous too.

Is that too much to ask for?  :lol:

(I am totally kidding... ...)

Edited by rs_navlaan

EOWWuhQ.png 

Mainly because you don't want to accidentally kill a friend. Nah I'm joking, partially. Giving players the option to make their characters look the way they want them to gives them personality, along wth the ability to recognize them easier.

I like the idea of tattoos too, especially if you got to design them somehow (though that seems unlikely)

7lXqKFL.gif

Mainly because you don't want to accidentally kill a friend. Nah I'm joking, partially. Giving players the option to make their characters look the way they want them to gives them personality, along wth the ability to recognize them easier.

I like the idea of tattoos too, especially if you got to design them somehow (though that seems unlikely)

I don't get it but that being said I feel if you're going to include customization you might as well go all in. Edited by zoopz

Customization makes people have an emotional connection with their character. This leads them to wanting to play and care more.

People are weird.

I hope we can customize our gravestone so when we die in glorious battle we can leave our mark.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

PLEASE

have first and last names

hell no

I absolutely hate that...

when it comes to names, then no restrictions whatsoever pls. (except for the obvious racist, sexist etc nonsense)

give us a character limit but nothing else.

you want 4 names, sure, want all caps, sure, want just 1 name all lower case, sure

I would like to see extensive customization. From tall and skinny to short and obese. Let there be piercings, scars and tattoos, Ive seen them in alot of games. There needs to alot of things that make a character unique. In the large scale of things, does it really matter? No. But It sells. Alot of people absolutely love customizing their ingame avatar. There should be a dye system as well.

I do not believe you have to look at it as "Well, if they spend time on this, it will take more time away from important development work like fleshing out the actual game mechanics". You can have both. The fact is also, when people get "first looks" or read reviews on sites like MMORPG.com, it is one thing they discuss in the reviews, and it is a draw to alot of people.

I know this game has already stated it is "not for everyone". However, that does not mean it has to launch as a clunky, dated last gen title just to appease the "Hardcore" that want it finished ASAP. 

I'm all for as much customization as possible, as long as it doesn't detract from other areas. Games are made with budgets; every penny spent on customization options is money not spent on other aspects.

I think another good question would be do we want char customization to be strictly realistic or have fantastical options, such as neon hair? To which, I'd say that would heavily depend on the art style of the game and the mood the developers are aiming for.

People forget how much a massive character customization on physical appearance can strain a game client / network. Keep in mind all the characters have to be loaded, and naturally the more there is difference to characters, the more there is to load. Personally I wouldn't care if we have only 3 different face choices per race, with few hair options and few hair colors. I just want a stable game.

Various hairs and piercings would be preferable for me. However, when it comes to pre-game customization vs. in-game customization, I am hoping the focus more on the latter. By that I mean armor and weapon customization. ( Hopefully some sort of transmog and dye features are present )

Edited by folklord

"Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow "  - NOLAN BUSHNELL