Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bguinen

Eternal Kingdoms And Immersion

Loved all the info posted today about EK's and even though some are in a rut about EK's being instanced, I truly don't think its that immersion breaking. (Your an immortal being that fights on dying worlds, don't see how its so farfetched to travel between multiple undying ones :D)

My real concern is the layout of the EK's. In the post today they were represented as a giant square where you fit in "tetris" like parcels. 

My questions are:

1. What, if anything, is going to be generated (land wise) in the spaces between the tetris pieces of parcels? For an example what would be placed in the two diagonal 1x1 parcels next to the yellow highlighted "T" parcel. Or is the example world management build not a valid one?EK_1-WorldManagement_RC1.jpg

2. Will these worlds be spherical in nature or will there be some sort of endless precipice at the outer boarders of the EK?

I hope they don't fall back to "an invisible barrier" or a "zone currently unavailable, you will now be killed" type of boundary because that is what would be truly immersion breaking.

EDIT: Or is are you forced to form your available parcels into a certain size square?

Edited by bguinen

The empty spaces will be filled with empty land. Think of an ordinary grass plot. It's simply unused cells (which have basic terrain) which have no parcels on them. The parcels are where you will place buildings (they're the tetris pieces) which as I understand it zones a spot for construction.

This is all my understanding of it anyway.

mael4.jpg

I see, if that's the case then thats what i was hoping for. Still need either a dev or something to give insight on what they plan for the boarders of each EK. the dream is to have it be spherical but I wouldn't mind a majestic cliff face that drops off into nothing-ness. as long as its not an invisible wall really haha.

The empty spaces will be filled with empty land. Think of an ordinary grass plot. It's simply unused cells (which have basic terrain) which have no parcels on them. The parcels are where you will place buildings (they're the tetris pieces) which as I understand it zones a spot for construction.

This is all my understanding of it anyway.

Yes, my thoughts too. And ACE said EK is a one huge permanent world, and if you've your Eterenal Kingdom open to the public - 

other players can visit your home and buy from your vendors and say hello. :)

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I see, if that's the case then thats what i was hoping for. Still need either a dev or something to give insight on what they plan for the boarders of each EK. the dream is to have it be spherical but I wouldn't mind a majestic cliff face that drops off into nothing-ness. as long as its not an invisible wall really haha.

Honestly I want to see the end of the universe, just a drop into space. But that's just me  :lol:

Yes, my thoughts too. And ACE said EK is a one huge permanent world, and if you've your Eterenal Kingdom open to the public - 

other players can visit your home and buy from your vendors and say hello. :)

I forget where I saw it but I believe EKs will be accessible through a lobby, and strictly indivicual. Otherwise you'd hit an invisible wall when you find a private EK. you could run into a many miles long invisible labyrinth just trying to navigate this interconnected world.

mael4.jpg

A cell with no parcel on it is "wild", i.e. an empty lot with no particular utility. You can just leave it wild if you like, or you can place a 1-cell parcel there to get some value from that space.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I for one am hoping for some portals we can make to link lands with friends and guildies.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Sorry if this has been highlighted, I couldn't find it.

Say I pledged for gold tier and got a small stronghold and some parcels. Then I have guild mates with similar properties, and our guild leader has a $10k Eternal kingdom purchased -- how would this all work? Would we place all our properties in his kingdom? Or is it every man with his own kingdom and economy? Could there be a guild's Eternal kingdom with everything we purchased in this regard fitted into it? Thanks.

It's however you want to do it. If you want to all dump your stuff into the whale's kingdom, that's fine. If you all want to do your own thing, that's fine too. The guild system is not interlocked with the kingdom system, so there's no such thing as "guild land" currently- it's the guildleader's personal land.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

So say you put a parcel in that's a mountain range, will I be able to build by keep into the mountain (not on top or anything but in the mountain)? I've always really liked the underground style of build and I think it would be pretty easy since the land is destroyable anyways ( or at least it seems like it would be easy).

can someone tell me why I can not create any topics?

New accounts can't create topics for the first 24 hours.  This is due to some robot spammers who've been attacking our forums.  Sorry!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

New accounts can't create topics for the first 24 hours.  This is due to some robot spammers who've been attacking our forums.  Sorry!

Should be for the first 50 posts as well. Stop the onslaught of repeat posts and bad suggestions.

It's however you want to do it. If you want to all dump your stuff into the whale's kingdom, that's fine. If you all want to do your own thing, that's fine too. The guild system is not interlocked with the kingdom system, so there's no such thing as "guild land" currently- it's the guildleader's personal land.

"

Either....  two entities, each having a 2x2 parcel of land can pool their land together to create a larger parcel (4x2 ) of land or they cannot.   My understanding is that they cannot.

My understanding is that a guild leader can take his 2x2 parcel of land and assign lots within it, to various purposes or people, at the GL's discretion.    And that any assets placed upon that land are the property of the guildy who was assigned that lot.  As such, if the guildy wishes to succeed or the GL kicks the guildy out, the land ( the lot within the parcel ) still remains part of the GL's personal EK but the assets ( buildings ) placed on that lot, are somehow transfered back to the departing guildy's EK. 

I'm not sure what you mean by pooling land.

A kingdom belongs to Adam. It consists of 625 initally-wild cells.

Adam may assign any number of cells, up to half his kingdom, as a province adminstered by Bradley.

Bradley may place his own parcels anywhere in his province. If his fealty is revoked by Adam he can reclaim his parcels and place them in his own kingdom or in another player's kingdom where he has a province.

The same applies one layer down: Bradley may designate one or more lots, on a parcel he has placed in his province, to be administered by Chet. Chet can place buildings on the lots assigned to him. If either Adam or Bradley kicks Chet out, Chet can reclaim his buildings.

Tully