Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HappyWulf

A Few Qs About Ek, Campaigns & Crafting

Copied over from the EK post on KS.

I have a couple of quickie questions. One about EK and another about Campaigns, and another about Crafting...

1. In my EK there are some blank parcels, how will they show up when I walk around them? Will they be heavily forested invisible barriers? Can I go into them and find monsters to fight? Would I for that reason then have a reason to intentionally leave some plots blank so as to have pockets of 'wild' in my EK to adventure in?

2. I enter a Campaign with a character. Is he LOCKED IN until a loss state or until I willingly vacate it? If I leave early, can I re-enter? Would leaving early forfit my loot set aside in the loot bank? Or can I collect some loot early and then re-enter? Or is all collected Loot be set aside in the bank until the world collapses and THEN it's collected?  Can I leave a campaign early, then go to a different campaign, then leave that and then come back to the first campaign before it ends? My main concern here is getting the jump in on a new Campaign that's opened up and then finding out my friends have all begun a different campaign. Am I Locked in for the month it takes to finish my campaign before I can go back out and enter another?

3. Can any character class (Archtype) Craft? Or do I have to be a specific class if I want to do any crafting (Forgemaster?)? How many crafting schools can a single character learn? Can I have 1 character be my 'designated crafter' who will do all my crafting and stay at home in my EK and manage my Kingdom's parcels and shops?

I can answer question 2 and 3 atleast.

2: You are locked in the campiagn in that you cant join another campaign before you quit the one you have entered. You can still go between the EK and your active campaign. If you choose to leave a campaign early, you will get much less of a reward back to the EK.

3: yes, all archetypes can craft, but some of them can reach a higher crafting proficiency than others... Say one archetype can reach armorsmithing 150, but a Forgemaster has the potential of 180 armorsmithing if you know what I mean :)

2. So then you can freely teleport back and forth between your current Campaign and your EK to manage your home stuffs.  Oh, I wonder how many Campaigns will be running simultaneously? ... Like will there be 3 each of 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and maybe 1 or 2 Year-long Campaigns going? At least having the option to abandon a Campaign to be able to join a friend in another will be nice.

3. And then maybe someone like a Druid or Confessor have a higher cap for Enchant-Crafting and Duelists have a higher cap for Engineering or Clock-Working...  Do we know if there is a limit to the number of crafting skills a single character can learn?

2. So then you can freely teleport back and forth between your current Campaign and your EK to manage your home stuffs.  Oh, I wonder how many Campaigns will be running simultaneously? ... Like will there be 3 each of 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and maybe 1 or 2 Year-long Campaigns going? At least having the option to abandon a Campaign to be able to join a friend in another will be nice.

3. And then maybe someone like a Druid or Confessor have a higher cap for Enchant-Crafting and Duelists have a higher cap for Engineering or Clock-Working...  Do we know if there is a limit to the number of crafting skills a single character can learn?

2: Theres going to be alot of Campaigns running at the same time, so you dont have to worry about that :)  We dont have an exact number yet, but theres going to be later on 1, 6, 12 month campaigns and perhaps even other ones shorter than that.

3: no, we have no information on the  limit to the amount of crafting skills just yet, hopefully ACE will give us even more info about crafting. All the info we have currently is the stuff in the FAQ. 

Edited by Zinnie