Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Isn't There A Crafting Guild?

There will likely be crafting guilds, however, they will likely be titled as trade guilds or merchant guilds.

8Xk1ctm.png

Viris colratha dath sethicara tesh dasovallian. Soluris veh za jass.

There will likely be crafting guilds, however, they will likely be titled as trade guilds or merchant guilds.

ye the guild i am in for example is called trade company and it evolves around business in general,that includes crafting

I went to where the crafters are. Plus I'm not interested in making the guild just thought I'd throw out some free inspiration.

Seconding what Kampf wrote above. We are a "Trading" guild by name, but one of our branches includes crafters. Visit us here.

I make things.

DraceR just to reiterate whats already been said you might look into the Eternal Kingdom Trading Company if you are interested in being apart of an already growing community of merchants and crafters,

So far its the larges group of crafters out their I think

I already checked them out, but I'm pretty set on creating my own. There is always room for competition. Edited by DraceR

It is shaping up that many of the materials required to craft the good stuff will come directly from the campaign worlds - indicating that crafters would at least need to team up with people to help out there. An entire guild of crafters may find themselves at a disadvantage.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

It is shaping up that many of the materials required to craft the good stuff will come directly from the campaign worlds - indicating that crafters would at least need to team up with people to help out there. An entire guild of crafters may find themselves at a disadvantage.

So there will either be warriors involved, or mercenaries will come into play quite a bit.

8Xk1ctm.png

Viris colratha dath sethicara tesh dasovallian. Soluris veh za jass.

I think the main reason for not having crafting guilds at this point would be because people aren't 100% sure how the crafting system will work.

Although we have an idea nobody knows exactly how it will work. I do plan on seeing some more pop up in the future though.

Novus Guild

~Fortnight~

It sounds like a cool idea and I've seen it work in ArcheAge ... to a degree.  For example, it works out great from the EK perspective, but once you enter campaigns... realistically, I don't see this working as well as you may imagine.  With the current CF design and how PvP focused with limited resources in an environment that is progressively getting harsher, large guilds with their own dedicated crafters and gatherers will dominate.  Whether you like it or not.

The difference is, normal large guilds will be focused on survival and winning the campaign first (crafters are a support role and don't make a profit)... profit will come later with the win.  Crafting/trade guilds seem focused on profit first.  There's a huge void of perspectives there.  

Within campaigns, the demand will be too high and the supply too low and valuable, along with the intense PvP and strategy involved to support independent crafting/trade guilds.

But, I wish you guys luck in making it work... it will be extremely challenging for sure.

Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...