Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mythx

Battlefield Hardline.

I shunned Origin ...

No more battlefields since Bad Company 2

Agreed.  It's the only reason I won't look at the game.  Origin is terrible, and their game launcher is even worse.

[@--(o.O)@]

I shunned Origin ...

Yeah, there're some players who enjoy less arcane mode in a shooter similar to Arma 3, which is more realistic approach.

I hope they actually put some work into Battlefront.

hardline is just another re-skin. + I hate the TTK. it's way too low.

I agree, that's why I didn't bother to be honest.

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I shunned Origin ...

Agreed.  It's the only reason I won't look at the game.  Origin is terrible, and their game launcher is even worse.

When I first started using Origin it was indeed pretty terrible, but it's been patched a lot and for the past 1-2 years at least I have had 0 issues with it. I constantly see people on Reddit bring up the same complaint about games that use Origin and how crap it is, but the consensus seems to be that it's really not an issue anymore. So do you two still actively hate Origin, or is it just past resentment without having actually used it recently?

Genuinely curious because while using another launcher/program when Steam is so dominant (and many also use Battle.net now) is less than ideal, Origin itself outside of convenience doesn't really seem to have any glaring issues. Not to mention they constantly are having great sales and giving away free games (I have like 10 games on Origin and I paid for 2, and they're not crappy random titles either). 

All that being said, Battlefield Hardline didn't really look appealing to me. Seemed like a random intermittent title before Battlefield 5 in the same fashion that the Assassin Creed series has turned to. 

Edited by stroh

Currently Playing - Dirty Bomb, Archeage, & Skyforge

AMEqAAy.jpg

well, of all the last battlefield titles, BC2 had the best gunplay anyways :)

so you guys didn't miss much. They just kept making the TTK lower, so spray&pray is rampant in Hardline now.

but ya, Origin and those browser server-searches are just utterly stupid. battlelog or whatever they call it.

they really didn't do themselves a favor with it. But they can't backdown now, hehe

well, like I said, let's hope SW Battlefront will turn out to be a proper BF game again.

Yeah, there're many who would enjoy Star Wars Battlefront, but I don't understand why they use 'Star Wars' it's so milked the past decade with similar titles - why not use 'Dune' instead it's sci-fi too. I don't understand it, because I'm not a kid anymore who are not easily fascinated by the Star Wars universe I guess. :)

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Yeah, there're many who would enjoy Star Wars Battlefront, but I don't understand why they use 'Star Wars' it's so milked the past decade with similar titles - why not use 'Dune' instead it's sci-fi too. I don't understand it, because I'm not a kid anymore who are not easily fascinated by the Star Wars universe I guess. :)

well I guess, all the licensing is already done and payed for, and just by using the SW name you have a huge crowd buying your game, no matter how crappy it is *cough SWTOR cough*

the first battlefront came out in 2004 and they were all pretty decent tbh :)

So do you two still actively hate Origin, or is it just past resentment without having actually used it recently?

The last time I touched Origin was Battlefield 4, so the end of 2013.  Their client/browser based system is terrible, their customer service is even worse, and their punkbuster software is the last thing I'd want on my computer.  Google Punkbuster/Battlefield 4, and look at the issues with folks being banned because of false positives.

I'd gladly play Hardline if it was put on a platform like Steam or as a standalone client; even if it is just a reskin of the last Battlefield.

[@--(o.O)@]

When I first started using Origin it was indeed pretty terrible, but it's been patched a lot and for the past 1-2 years at least I have had 0 issues with it. I constantly see people on Reddit bring up the same complaint about games that use Origin and how crap it is, but the consensus seems to be that it's really not an issue anymore. So do you two still actively hate Origin, or is it just past resentment without having actually used it recently?

Genuinely curious because while using another launcher/program when Steam is so dominant (and many also use Battle.net now) is less than ideal, Origin itself outside of convenience doesn't really seem to have any glaring issues. Not to mention they constantly are having great sales and giving away free games (I have like 10 games on Origin and I paid for 2, and they're not crappy random titles either). 

All that being said, Battlefield Hardline didn't really look appealing to me. Seemed like a random intermittent title before Battlefield 5 in the same fashion that the Assassin Creed series has turned to. 

BF3 was the sole reason I installed origin when that failed to live up to bc2 I lost interest ... when I looked back at the game again after a few months  EA wanted a bunch of DLC cash and I totally zoned out  of the yearly cash grab .

After that full price versions of the SIMS and EA sports titles were of no interest .

Edited by maarvy

I actively play hardline.    ( I play on hardcore servers - I play as Kirel_Redhand )

screw the haters - nothing is better than planting C4 and exploding a van with 5 people inside.      Give MOAR FIRE!

Edited by Kirel

You mean BF4: Cops & Robbers DLC?

I can't tell you how many times I've relived that movie " HEAT " - damn...  so fun