Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
surBear

Oh well, good while it lasted

Because of the people behind this project, I thought this would finally be a worthy successor to SB.  Play 2 Crush, full PvP, and numerous other hints helped to fuel my excitement.

HOWEVER!!!!!!   If you say you are building a SB like PvP game, then ban everyone on the forums with any spirit, then you fail before you even start.

Wiz101 players, crying to the devs cause you are butt hurt only shows that you would never survive a real SB style game. Good, lord, grow some.  

Devs, I do hope you guys really do make a new and fun game, but from what I have seen of your forum policing, I do not hold out much hope.  I have modded many forums in the past, and what I have seen on this forum is EXTREMELY vanilla, and yet the ban hammer has been wielded with extreme prejudice.  

It is your forum, run it the way you like.  But your mindset so far does not reflect well for the type of game you can make.  How can you support a game that requires the mind set to 'Play 2 Crush' and yet punish people when they 'post 2 play'??

Good luck, but know that I, for one, have lost faith in this Crowfail.

Because of the people behind this project, I thought this would finally be a worthy successor to SB.  Play 2 Crush, full PvP, and numerous other hints helped to fuel my excitement.

HOWEVER!!!!!!   If you say you are building a SB like PvP game, then ban everyone on the forums with any spirit, then you fail before you even start.

Wiz101 players, crying to the devs cause you are butt hurt only shows that you would never survive a real SB style game. Good, lord, grow some.  

Devs, I do hope you guys really do make a new and fun game, but from what I have seen of your forum policing, I do not hold out much hope.  I have modded many forums in the past, and what I have seen on this forum is EXTREMELY vanilla, and yet the ban hammer has been wielded with extreme prejudice.  

It is your forum, run it the way you like.  But your mindset so far does not reflect well for the type of game you can make.  How can you support a game that requires the mind set to 'Play 2 Crush' and yet punish people when they 'post 2 play'??

I come from Darkfall, which has more hardcore mechanics than SB (you can argue the other way, but facts are facts), and the forum over there used to be very bad, and it's still quite bad.

Anyways, this game hasn't even released yet, and you, and I, and everyone else doesn't know what this game will be like; we can speculate is all.

Even if the game is going to be a hardcore PvP game (I hope it has full loot, or perma death!), that doesn't mean SB players, and my fellow DF players should treat KI/101 players like garbage. Who knows, they might like a a more hardcore game, and adapt. I say give them a chance, as at one point, you never played a hardcore game, and you adapted, right? So did I, and everyone else that has played one. Stop acting so elitist, and let go of your ego, and or pride.

Treat everyone with respect, that's all I have to say; and stop acting like this is your game.

The company behind this game obviously wants to be professional, and have a friendly, and helpful community. They don't want potential customers to be shooed away by obnoxious forum posters. I'm not saying I know what they are thinking, and I am not a staff member, but this seems like common sense, that they want to appear professional, and have a good community.

Edited by rs_navlaan

EOWWuhQ.png 

From what I remember Ubi's forums were pretty lax, but in todays world everything has to be politically correct from a professional point of veiw.  

Can't go around picking on the new kids, bad for bussiness.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Not acting like it is my game.  And I have played DF and enjoyed it in the beginning but lost interest.  And from what I have read, nobody is treating anybody like garbage.  All anyone is doing is having a little fun, and yet they are being punished for it because someone complained.  If the people complain about something so mild as this, they wont last in a real hardcore game.  If devs and mods ban for such mild infractions, how could they possibly have a mind set that will develop a real hardcore game?

I wish I could have seen what was said that led to this.. BUT  this shows me they wont allow this forum or game to devolve into what Darkfall has sadly become. at least 50% of darkfalls failings are found in its lack or regulation in chat and forums which chases off players new and old alike. I for one am still very much pleased to see this project moving forward, and applaud that they are trying to keep it civil, at least for now *grin*

Im guessing you are wermacht or one of those kind. Thank God it didnt take them long to get rid of those kids.

To the Crowfall staff, Thank You. And sorry, they are not a rep for the true sb community.

This.

Nope, not WM.  Playing solo atm.  Havent played the guild life since live.

And what lead to this post is seeing a lot of SB players banned already and not seeing any legitimate reason for it. 

Also seeing posts deleted.  I am not a big fan of censorship.

Surbear, I hate to say this and I haven't agreed with all of the mod practices so far, but let's give it a little bit to play out.

As your benevolent King, I beseech you to stick around for a bit.  I would be sad to not have another SBer to kill, or be killed by.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Nope, not WM.  Playing solo atm.  Havent played the guild life since live.

And what lead to this post is seeing a lot of SB players banned already and not seeing any legitimate reason for it. 

Also seeing posts deleted.  I am not a big fan of censorship.

Posts that have been found to be in violation are hidden from the public's view. Players are then sent an explanation as to why the post was moderated and given a warning. If there are multiple violations or the person does not seem healthy for the community, they will be permanently removed. There is no reason to be toxic on these or any other forums.

Community members are highly encouraged to post2play as long as they abide by the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Posts that have been found to be in violation are hidden from the public's view. Players are then sent an explanation as to why the post was moderated and given a warning. If there are multiple violations or the person does not seem healthy for the community, they will be permanently removed. There is no reason to be toxic on these or any other forums.

Oh but there is. I've done my share of trolling. Started out on bnet forums late 1990s to early 2000s. Managed to get into a flame war with a dev on Darkfall forums. Hilarious.

But I'm over it now.

So far many players beyond WM have felt alienated by the moderation practices of this forum.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Given that this is like the fourth thread tonight about moderator practices its safe to assume there is much room for improvement.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

So far many players beyond WM have felt alienated by the moderation practices of this forum.

I am more than willing to hear your or anyone else's thoughts on the matter. Please be very specific so that I can address your concerns.