Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
surBear

Oh well, good while it lasted

If that's your attitude about it then why post about it at all?

Because he can read forum topics as well as I can. I was told in the CoC that I could discuss the kind of events, not the specific ones ( see I did read it).

I have modded forums, and If I got literally 30 emails from one dude reporting threads for being multiples, all in one sitting, I would have hated that dude more than the multiple threads. If I was talking about 2-3 repeats, ok sure, when I am talking about 6-8 per forum section... its a waste of everybodys time.

k653rIm.png

Zero tolerance works really well!

....said no rational human being ever.

1) I didn't say that

2) As I stated before, the mods are only there to enforce the rules. ArtCraft makes the rules. All the mods can do is take what you have said, and tell the higher ups; for anyone to get mad at a mod is petty, as I don't believe they make the rules.

Anyways, I won't argue, there's no point.

EOWWuhQ.png 

Because he can read forum topics as well as I can. I was told in the CoC that I could discuss the kind of events, not the specific ones ( see I did read it).

I have modded forums, and If I got literally 30 emails from one dude reporting threads for being multiples, all in one sitting, I would have hated that dude more than the multiple threads. If I was talking about 2-3 repeats, ok sure, when I am talking about 6-8 per forum section... its a waste of everybodys time.

I haven't had a problem with the multiple threads as long as it's not blatant spamming. They all eventually die and fall to the bottom. 

I haven't had a problem with the multiple threads as long as it's not blatant spamming. They all eventually die and fall to the bottom. 

Its against the rules, and it ensures that those topics are being considered more than others.

By posting the same thread as 3 other people have already posted about how you do/do not want open world pvp, you have 1. posted an extra topic that is to bring attention to it, and 2. bumped my suggestion much lower, suggesting that you think my suggestion isnt worth being considered.

That's not fair.

I am triggered.

/tumblr

k653rIm.png

1) I didn't say that

2) As I stated before, the mods are only there to enforce the rules. ArtCraft makes the rules. All the mods can do is take what you have said, and tell the higher ups; for anyone to get mad at a mod is petty, as I don't believe they make the rules.

Anyways, I won't argue, there's no point.

I've never EVER met a forum where the moderators weren't allowed to use their own judgement as it relates to enforcing the rules.  It would be logistically impossible and even irresponsible to expect that the mods enforce every single infraction, and then pass up every single complaint to the top. 

If this could be related to the real world, I went to Penn State, a pretty big school.  We liked to drink, there was 40+ thousand undergraduates at the main campus, and well, there wasn't 40 thousand cops to match.  It worked though, because the police used sound judgement when applying the law.  You don't ticket the random drunk kid walking down the side walk just because he looks 18 or he's staggering a little, you ticket the drink idiot that's playing in the traffic.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

The dictionary absolutely needs to be expanded. I get a 3 point warning over using a certain word and then I see the same word used in 3 different threads. It's not consistent. I'm aware I'm a target due to the post count, but come on. And I'm not going to smash on the report button like some snitch. The day I use the report button is the day I get banned because I'll be doing it out of spite.

I've never EVER met a forum where the moderators weren't allowed to use their own judgement as it relates to enforcing the rules.  It would be logistically impossible and even irresponsible to expect that the mods enforce every single infraction, and then pass up every single complaint to the top. 

If this could be related to the real world, I went to Penn State, a pretty big school.  We liked to drink, there was 40+ thousand undergraduates at the main campus, and well, there wasn't 40 thousand cops to match.  It worked though, because the police used sound judgement when applying the law.  You don't ticket the random drunk kid walking down the side walk just because he looks 18 or he's staggering a little, you ticket the drink idiot that's playing in the traffic.

When users are asked multiple times to stop doing something, they should stop. If they think something was unjust, they can simply contact another mod, or an ArtCraft employee (they are on quite often).

I have seen some people get a warning point, or spoken to about something that was against the CoC, and they simply make the same mistake again, on purpose. I won't name any names, but for example, with the RL thread. They were asked to stop. What do they do? They make another RL thread.

I'm sorry, but at least in situations like that (which I have been seeing more than once), it is not a mods fault. Those people were begging to be banned.

Edited by rs_navlaan

EOWWuhQ.png 

Its against the rules, and it ensures that those topics are being considered more than others.

By posting the same thread as 3 other people have already posted about how you do/do not want open world pvp, you have 1. posted an extra topic that is to bring attention to it, and 2. bumped my suggestion much lower, suggesting that you think my suggestion isnt worth being considered.

That's not fair.

I am triggered.

/tumblr

If you read the rules it says that it is discouraged but not "against" the rules. It's the posting the same topic across multiple threads that is against the rules. 

Posting a recruitment thread for a long standing Shadowbane guild.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Posting a recruitment thread for a long standing Shadowbane guild.

The name and meaning of the guild was deemed inappropriate I imagine. It probably was reported as such also. 

Edited by souless

There is nothing innapropriate about our name at all.

Perhaps we should ban that Red Army guild as well.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

When users are asked multiple times to stop doing something, they should stop. If they think something was unjust, they can simply contact another mod, or an ArtCraft employee (they are on quite often).

I have seen some people get a warning point, or spoken to about something that was against the CoC, and they simply make the same mistake again, on purpose. I won't name any names, but for example, with the RL thread. They were asked to stop. What do they do? They make another RL thread.

I'm sorry, but at least in situations like that (which I have been seeing more than once), it is not a mods fault. Those people were begging to be banned.

I'm not disagreeing with you but none of that really addressed my post.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

There is nothing innapropriate about our name at all.

Perhaps we should ban that Red Army guild as well.

It's not my place to judge which guild names are inappropriate or not. It was just the first thing that came to mind. 

There's a first for everything I guess right? 

Are you gesturing for a mod position? Because the tone of your posts have changed dramatically.

I love how you're going to comment about a thread you weren't even involved in. There was no public warning about "stopping". The infraction that occurred for the thread being closed occurred 10 minutes before the thread got closed. The author of the RL picture thread was banned for his avatar, not for anything he posted.

Not sure where you're getting your information. I got mine directly from Tully. And that's because I'm the one that created the 2nd RL picture thread because I wanted an answer for the lock. I got one, a 3 point warning, and a suspension from posting. The only one asking to be banned in that thread was me.

Don't run around posting about subjects you think you know the answer to. You're inciting something far greater than the actual offense.