Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
surBear

Oh well, good while it lasted

I'm not disagreeing with you but none of that really addressed my post.

Fair enough, but for me to address your post correctly, I would have to be a mod, and know exactly what went down for everyone who has gotten banned as of yet. I know why a few people have gotten banned, and I agree with what happened. I think some of the CoC rules are a bit too strict, but for now we have to abide by them.

I think part of the problem, though, is that some people don't even bother to read the rules.

EOWWuhQ.png 

If you read the rules it says that it is discouraged but not "against" the rules. It's the posting the same topic across multiple threads that is against the rules. 

I am sorry, I feel like what I said was that people were posting the same topic on multiple threads ( ie making new threads about the same topic)...

what is discouraged that you think i am talking about?

k653rIm.png

I am sorry, I feel like what I said was that people were posting the same topic on multiple threads ( ie making new threads about the same topic)...

what is discouraged that you think i am talking about?

"We also discourage posting a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed, as it spreads the conversation out and makes it harder to gather the appropriate feedback."

Just looking on this page it's not really bad when it comes to Multiple threads with the same subject. Maybe they cleaned it up a little? 

Cross reference here and the suggestion thread... its mind numbing.

k653rIm.png

Fair enough, but for me to address your post correctly, I would have to be a mod, and know exactly what went down for everyone who has gotten banned as of yet. I know why a few people have gotten banned, and I agree with what happened. I think some of the CoC rules are a bit too strict, but for now we have to abide by them.

I think part of the problem, though, is that some people don't even bother to read the rules.

I haven't read the US Code, nor New York's penal code...nor do I have to, because I have sound judgement...same applies to the CoC, I doubt that there's anything ground breaking in there which necessitates my reading it.  I know enough not to post penis pictures or use racist verbiage and whatnot.

I get what you're saying, but c'mon I got a "warning point" for saying "penis pics" insert more vulgar term, when doing so in defense of the mod, in an attempt to keep the thread from devolving further, which would have worked if I weren't undermined by someone trying to assert their dominance over an issue that needed the exact opposite.

edit: Another poor aspect of my "warning" was that the entire post was deleted instead of the "offending" word.

Edited by protonix

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

TIME OUT!!!!!  PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.  I come back to this forum to do some reading.  I am going through this thread and I see a post I want to comment to.  But I continue to read the next two pages first.  Then I go back so I can quote the post I want to respond to and it is gone.   

CENSORSHIP IS WRONG.

Cross reference here and the suggestion thread... its mind numbing.

I think part of that is threads never having been moved over to suggestions after that forum opened up. Not only leaving topics here where they're not seen by people making a new suggestion thread, but creating confusion about where it's ok to post such a thread.

I think part of that is threads never having been moved over to suggestions after that forum opened up. Not only leaving topics here where they're not seen by people making a new suggestion thread, but creating confusion about where it's ok to post such a thread.

If only there were people, who had the ability to do such a movement in threads, and took their jobs SUPER CEREAL

k653rIm.png

TIME OUT!!!!!  PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.  I come back to this forum to do some reading.  I am going through this thread and I see a post I want to comment to.  But I continue to read the next two pages first.  Then I go back so I can quote the post I want to respond to and it is gone.   

CENSORSHIP IS WRONG.

So respond to it without quoting it?  B)