Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well well!

I somehow found this place, not sure how yet.
So.. my 3 favorite games ever are Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot and Shadowbane... give me something along that, and i will be with you until the end.

When I read over at MMORPG the words "sandbox" and "SWG-like crafting", I came right over and signed right up! I played SWG from day 1 to NGE and was devastated with the changes. Hopefully this game will be thoughtful, rich with content for all variety of gameplay by the many different styles of gamer, and allow subscribers to play the game the way they want to play it, and not corralled into a 2-dimensional quest-grind. Thanks guys, best of luck, and let us know when beta starts.

Cogito cogito, ergo, cogito sum.

Thanks for having me!

I'm really interested to see how things play out with this game. Too many times there has been so much excitement only to be let down by developers. This team, I feel, will refuse to let that happen. They are doing what almost every MMO should, which is: create a community, share and discuss interests, and then collectively create those interests. So many games have spoken of dreams, only to hand nightmares to players. If dreams are experienced instead of spoken, there will not be any nightmares.

CrowFall is ambitious, dedicated, and focused on the game. The game will bring itself a lot of attention as long as attention is given to it. Keep being ambitious to carry out the ambition!

"As these days go by, our suffering continues. It has been too long since I have seen the light of day, and the hope that was long lost. Through the pain of these dark days we only see death and destruction everywhere we go. It seems I cannot help but look towards the trees and see, yet another crow fall." -Code2Protect

Usually, you guys don't see this part.  We (game developers) try to hide from you.  We scurry back into our caves like Oompah Loompahs.  Why?  

- It sucks when you make a mistake, and you know it

- It sucks even worse when people point it out to you, even (especially?) on the internet

- Game developers make a lot of mistakes

...but you know what?  Who cares.  We're still going to make those mistakes, and when we do, we'll fix them and move on.

Because letting you in early gives us an amazing benefit: you get to help shape the game we're making.  It's like we're crowd-sourcing our design!  You can help us figure out those mistakes early, and often.  You can help us find the best way to fix them.

We're taking a different approach with this game, and I strongly believe it is the right one. We're going to include you guys from the beginning, so that its your game -- as much as it is ours.

Far from original, but nice for trying. Regardless of all the good intentions, the community is going to cry foul that the game isn't super polished, crashes, runs like a pig and will spam the forum with their "concerns". The white knights will jump on and say "Hey, it's not finished, stop your bitching!". This is the way of things, and this sentiment will basically get buried.

So best done your best Anti-insulted armour because it will be rough trip ;) Looking forward to seeing the evolution of the games development though regardless. Will just avoid the General Discussion section of the forum so that the whining of the community doesn't ruin the game before it's even launched.

UO, SB, and SWG have a lot of good ideas implemented in the game, so please use them and make it better to turn this game into a great game. good luck, I'll be following this game and see what happens.

Edited by Zarran

"The more knowledge I gain, the more ignorant I became." 

Albert Einstein

I'm really excited to see how the game will turn out! praying it won't turn out like ESO or archeage!

Didn't play ESO but my god was Archage ruined by hackers and the farmers