Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm most excited about factions with real players, not the type of factions in LotRO and Firefall where it's the player against AI. I'm most worried that professions will be tied to buildings ala garrisons in WoW. That was the fork in the turkey for me. I want to advance my professions through crafting, not cooldowns and tokens. If I want to play Farmville, I'll stick with Facebook. 

"There's no way at all to avoid the terror that is human kind" ~Tully Ackland

:D

I'm most excited about factions with real players, not the type of factions in LotRO and Firefall where it's the player against AI. I'm most worried that professions will be tied to buildings ala garrisons in WoW. That was the fork in the turkey for me. I want to advance my professions through crafting, not cooldowns and tokens. If I want to play Farmville, I'll stick with Facebook. 

I hate Farmville.  

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Hi all! Waiting something like UO, free loot, chaos/order, pk/apk, pvp, pve, magery, deep craft system, every item in the world can be moved (drag and drop) open world, no lvl's, only skills/stats, races, target system, macros, house building, vendors, guilds and all that we missed a long time. And no children's animation and graphics! ))

Hey gang,

...so if you are reading this, you're one of the first ones to find us.  Cool.  

The next few months are going to be quite an adventure.  For us, for you, for Crowfall.

The beginning of a new MMO project is always a rollercoaster of emotions: excitement, fear, elation, anxiety.  It's also a test of patience and humility. 

Usually, you guys don't see this part.  We (game developers) try to hide from you.  We scurry back into our caves like Oompah Loompahs.  Why?  

- It sucks when you make a mistake, and you know it

- It sucks even worse when people point it out to you, even (especially?) on the internet

- Game developers make a lot of mistakes

...but you know what?  Who cares.  We're still going to make those mistakes, and when we do, we'll fix them and move on.

Because letting you in early gives us an amazing benefit: you get to help shape the game we're making.  It's like we're crowd-sourcing our design!  You can help us figure out those mistakes early, and often.  You can help us find the best way to fix them.

We're taking a different approach with this game, and I strongly believe it is the right one. We're going to include you guys from the beginning, so that its your game -- as much as it is ours.

It's a cool thing, seeing the "miracle of birth" that happens whenever an MMO goes from concept, to launch, to live.  It's also kind of gross and messy and painful and, truthfully, not for those with a weak stomach.

(Hmmm.  Think I picked the wrong analogy.  Let's try again.)

It's a cool thing, seeing a new building start to take shape.   I have to apologize for the dust everywhere and the smell of wet paint... it happens, when you visit a project under construction.

You want to help?  Great!  Here's how you can:

First, we've prepared a stream of updates for you.  We've made some headway, to lay the foundation for what this game is going to be.  We'll be dropping these elements continually over the next few months to show you the direction we're heading. We need your thoughts -- tell us what you think is cool, what you think is lame, and what doesn't make any sense at all.

Second, we need your ideas!  This is a discussion, not a sermon.  We're building this game for you.  Without a passionate audience, no MMO can survive.  Jump into the discussion, let us know your opinions.  We made not always agree, but you won't have a voice at the table unless you speak up.

Lastly, we need to find more people like you.  Like us.  

This vision isn't for everyone.  If you read that manifesto, we've made it pretty clear:

If you're looking for a game designed for "everyone", this isn't it.

For this game to be successful, we don't need everyone.  We do need you, though, and more people like you.  If we can attract a small, loyal following that thinks like we do -- that wants to see this vision come to life -- that'll be enough. 

Please help us get the word out.  Eagles don't flock.  We're going to have to build this community player by player, one at a time.

That's it for now.  Sorry again for the construction plastic all over the floor.  

Now, pick up a hammer.  Let's build this thing together.

J Todd Coleman

ACE

(yeah, good call on the analogy.)

Well, I am happy a person is making a game not for the money but for enjoyment of players :D

The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.

I am excited to see where this goes. I think the MMO genre needs something that is different to stir things up. Nice to see someone not setting out to be a "game we shall not name"-killer.

Dragonne Noir - Irekei Thief / Rictuz Dilok Eldalie Elf Channeler

Vir Ghakalar  - Deception

Thurin's Hammers - Deception & Mourning

I haven't been this excited since i heard about a new star wars trilogy! I look forward to doping this journey with you all! ????

Pretty excited for the upcoming game, hopefully we get to experience new ideas that haven't been expressed yet in the world of MMORPGS. Cant wait to enter the another marvelous world you have created for us gamers. :)