Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well from the players that have amassed here so far Todd, and if the players are going to help drive this wonderful engine, I hope you guys had a open free pvp centric game in mind lol

Sample elevator pitch: Spiritual successor to Shadowbane.  SWG style elements for PvE/RP fluff.  Boardgame/RTS mechanics which influence the meta-GvG game - such as city buildings that allow the use of NPC infiltration attempts on enemy cities, gaining city recon or sowing dissent among the city's "populace" upon success, or the enemy revealing your spy upon failure - just one example.   Fully fleshed out political system - alliances, war declarations, taxations etc. - city upgrades, free-form city constructions (ala SB or Repopulation), city siege system. 

This. And please do not heavily restrict the placement of cities, or have pre-made city slots that people fight over. Create a large enough world to give space for most but not everyone, and let players determine what locations will work or not. 

The Sundered Guard - "Nature's Sword, the People's Shield" - Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Lol! I, too, have fond memories of lunch with Meridian and Tangent at GenCon in 2002! Meridian never stopped talking, it was awesome. Also met my wife at that Shadowbane booth that day :)

Here's to lunch with the Shadowbane team. 

The Sundered Guard - "Nature's Sword, the People's Shield" - Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Old Shadowbane player, and many other  games out there that i experienced ,im hoping for some similar stuff and PLAY TO CRUSH!

TSCCC-member

TheHateCrew- core member

Didn't expect the play2crush campaign to progress so quickly o0

Really curious to see what will come out of this!

I'm a WoW player mostly, and missed the boat on the old school mmo's that a lot of people here are talking about, but I'm eager for something different after running the themepark treadmill for so long. 

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

Hi everyone!

I'm really happy to be one of the people who can form this game. It should be a game that is not like the other ones.

Let us make something special together!

Hey gang,

...so if you are reading this, you're one of the first ones to find us.  Cool.  

The next few months are going to be quite an adventure.  For us, for you, for Crowfall.

The beginning of a new MMO project is always a rollercoaster of emotions: excitement, fear, elation, anxiety.  It's also a test of patience and humility. 

Usually, you guys don't see this part.  We (game developers) try to hide from you.  We scurry back into our caves like Oompah Loompahs.  Why?  

- It sucks when you make a mistake, and you know it

- It sucks even worse when people point it out to you, even (especially?) on the internet

- Game developers make a lot of mistakes

...but you know what?  Who cares.  We're still going to make those mistakes, and when we do, we'll fix them and move on.

Because letting you in early gives us an amazing benefit: you get to help shape the game we're making.  It's like we're crowd-sourcing our design!  You can help us figure out those mistakes early, and often.  You can help us find the best way to fix them.

We're taking a different approach with this game, and I strongly believe it is the right one. We're going to include you guys from the beginning, so that its your game -- as much as it is ours.

<Snip & Glue>

Now, pick up a hammer.  Let's build this thing together.

J Todd Coleman

ACE

(yeah, good call on the analogy.)

Saw the announcement on Massively, figured I'd come on over and take a look.

Thanks for letting us in early.

For me, this is the most interesting part of the development cycle.

This is the part that I'm most intrigued by and I think we have so little understanding of / exposure to.

At the moment, it feels a little like "The Big Flub" episode in DuckTales so it's impressive to have garnered such interest with little information released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5Rsn9QWl4  

(I don't mean that to be disrespectful - although it is a little tongue in cheek ;))

I suppose the interest so far is a testament to the fact that many of us really are crying out for innovation and quality in MMOs.

Your countdown suggests you will reveal all in time - and I hope it's amazing - but for right now....

Here's to Pep!

*clink*