Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OTR

I Get The Feeling The In Game Prices Will Be A Joke.

It's not $1. It's $1000. I would have assumed the The Most Honorable and Prestigious Trade Company would be able to pool together it's vast riches to get themselves a unique crest.

Its not really a question of funding :) its a question of is it worth it.. I mean sure i can buy a toilet made of gold.. but is it really worth it?

It's not $1. It's $1000. I would have assumed the The Most Honorable and Prestigious Trade Company would be able to pool together it's vast riches to get themselves a unique crest.

lol. I know its not a dollar. Its not that The Company can not afford it. Its that The Company questions why something that for some games is inexpensive or even free( The ability to use your own artwork) and why It is so much in the other direction here.

Okay, first of all the $500 heraldry deal is because they're having an artist sit down and work with you on what you want. The pricewall also keeps it exclusive. When you're talking a guild of 200 players, if everyone pitched in a few bucks, you get your own custom heraldry, it's not priced for an individual.

Why would they set out post-campaign prices in the middle of the KS campaign? They would only dilute potential backers, they want as many as possible because increasing success means media attention.

The $250 package alone gives you $1080 worth of VIP. I hardly call that an eye-gouging cash grab.

I think you're being absolutely dramatic and ridiculous.

It says, "Subject to approval" - meaning someone has to approve.  :)

You're absolutely right and as drakkus said below too about the amber package. I've gone amber because it suits what I want and I believe that the VIP duration alone makes it absolutely a steal.

Amber is such a good deal it's ridiculous. Six years subscription and a physical CE alone are worth more than the sticker price.

Regarding the question of what are those prices? Well the game hasn't even hit alpha and you're moaning about it already. Let alpha hit.

They will gauge some of the prices and see if they're too affordable or too expensive.

Regarding the custom Guild Heraldry being expensive; I expect it to be so. Wouldn't want it any other way. There will be an ingame selection to pick and chose a combination. If you want to go a bit more personalised then let it be worth their time to actually go out of their way and approve your work.

End of the day, they're working on the game. You want them to put something into the game, then you got to make it worthwhile of their attention too.

TLDR: @Primal was spot on with what he said. Amber is a steal on its own, the rest are gorgeous. Prices will be determined once they've been trialed. Let alpha hit before crying.

The world revolves around exclusivity. You can't tell me there's not a brand name in your wardrobe, or a badge on your car.

The flag out in my yard Say's i Support my Second amendment.. not sure its really exclusivity but i think we buy into Alpha/beta to have that exclusivity feeling and maybe a little leg up on newbies.

I think this is a really slippery slope and as recent events have shown us, the vocal majority of gamers really don't like to feel like they are being taken advantage of by what they perceive as "greedy" companies. I strongly advise caution.

Edited by Mytherceria

Well I am not crying I am merely stating my opinion on what I am seeing right now. May they work with the prices and change things I'm sure they will but the fact is they are selling things right now and telling people this is the best prices you will ever get. Yet you only now how much the bundle is and cant make a reasonable guess at the price of things after the KS even with the prices go up. I think the people who buy in to the "exclusively" will overly defend their choices when someone questions that choice even not to them directly.

Only a few days left to maximize your $ value... KS pledge rewards will be the best CF value... ever.

TBH (and I know I shouldn't say this before KS ends), I would rather spend 99$ for Alpha3 +3 VIP months than 100$ for the BRONZE PATRON package. (the same goes for every other tier, since I don't care about anything else)

So I am hoping there will be some sort of deal like that, and I am keeping my pledge extremely low as of now.

Edited by fenrisddevil

Don't forget those higher levels also come with other rewards.  I expect tax free parcels to cost anywhere from 5-10 dollars a square if they hope to capture sales from more than those with large disposable incomes.

I agree, i figure about 10 bucks each.. but thats why i dropped from the 500 down to the 250 pledge the amount of land i gained was low compared to the price in cress, i have no desire to run a guild so that stuff does not favor me at all.

Don't forget those higher levels also come with other rewards.  I expect tax free parcels to cost anywhere from 5-10 dollars a square if they hope to capture sales from more than those with large disposable incomes.

If you care about EK that is.

Lol, I'm looking forward to it, yeah.  I still care more about solid campaign gameplay, but I love the idea of our guild building something to show for it!

Mmhm, you all should have a rather impressively sized one at that.  :P

TBH (and I know I shouldn't say this before KS ends), I would rather spend 99$ for Alpha3 +3 VIP months than 100$ for the BRONZE PATRON package. (the same goes for every other tier, since I don't care about anything else)

So I am hoping there will be some sort of deal like that, and I am keeping my pledge extremely low as of now.

You may not care or see value in the other rewards now, but post-release you may be regretting it.  It's your $ to risk and choice to make.

Ace has only confirmed that parcels will be available for purchase post-KS, NOT tax-free parcels.  So, it's a risk that they'll even be made available and for how much $ they will be.  I think Ace is going to be careful to not burn KS backers with cheaper post-KS options later.  So, the value is still in KS pledges... and time is running out.

You may not care or see value in the other rewards now, but post-release you may be regretting it.  It's your $ to risk and choice to make.

Ace has only confirmed that parcels will be available for purchase post-KS, NOT tax-free parcels.  So, it's a risk that they'll even be made available and for how much $ they will be.  I think Ace is going to be careful to not burn KS backers with cheaper post-KS options later.  So, the value is still in KS pledges... and time is running out.

They've stated "Gordon wants to offer those post-KS."  But cheaper is in the eye of the beholder, as the much higher pledges also come with invites to the launch party/happy hour/private dinner, monthly Q&A sessions, and exclusive building designs for strongholds.  If the main reason a person has upped their pledge is for the tax free parcels, then I feel bad for them when others are able to match those parcel sizes at lower cost.

They've stated "Gordon wants to offer those post-KS."  But cheaper is in the eye of the beholder, as the much higher pledges also come with invites to the launch party/happy hour/private dinner, monthly Q&A sessions, and exclusive building designs for strongholds.  If the main reason a person has upped their pledge is for the tax free parcels, then I feel bad for them when others are able to match those parcel sizes at lower cost.

This is My point with this. The price could be $20-$30 or more per piece of land and technically the price is better. I've never been a fan of KSs that don't have add on with that you can at least see what the creators value the products at.

They've stated "Gordon wants to offer those post-KS."  ...

Again, every reference to parcels sold post-KS has been normal parcels.  This includes every interview and comment that I've been aware of.  The only parcels guaranteed to be tax-free are those in the KS pledges.

It would be nice to see a source link to where this was stated and by whom.