Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OTR

I Get The Feeling The In Game Prices Will Be A Joke.

Again, every reference to parcels sold post-KS has been normal parcels.  This includes every interview and comment that I've been aware of.  The only parcels guaranteed to be tax-free are those in the KS pledges.

It would be nice to see a source link to where this was stated and by whom.

If this is true it is not a good way to do a KS. Bundles with no add ons especially when those bundles have large differences in price are not good. The only way to get more of the things you like is to up your pledge buy a lot and get things you don't really want.

Edited by OTR

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4890-032015-eternal-kingdoms/page-17#entry117304

Q: Can I buy more tax free parcels from the Cash shop?

A: I know Gordon wants to make these available later but they will never be available for the same price as they are in the Kickstarter bundles as appreciation for our early backers.

So yes, they were talking about the Tax-free versions.  But it isn't a "yes" or a "no" on if they will be available.

Edited by Decoy

Amber is such a good deal it's ridiculous. Six years subscription and a physical CE alone are worth more than the sticker price.

Just so you know ACE is saying in the forums the the physical CE is an upgrade to the digital version given to us in the lower tier- not a separate version of the game. 

Edited by PeacefulRaven

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4890-032015-eternal-kingdoms/page-17#entry117304

A: I know Gordon wants to make these available later but they will never be available for the same price as they are in the Kickstarter bundles as appreciation for our early backers.

So yes, they were talking about the Tax-free versions.  But it isn't a "yes" or a "no" on if they will be available.

Right, thank you for linking that. What one is getting in each next highest level isn't by a steady increment, however, you're paying more and scaling up less.  Then again, the taxable parcels may have such minimal taxes that, as long as the EK has enough tenants in it, won't be too much of an issue.

Thank you for digging that up.  Although Gordon wants to make them available, it's not guaranteed.  Likewise, if they are available, they'll cost more than those bundled in KS rewards.  So, pay less $ now, or risk paying more $ later as they become available and you have extra $.  The KS rewards is essentially a good long-term investment.

...Then again, the taxable parcels may have such minimal taxes that, as long as the EK has enough tenants in it, won't be too much of an issue.

The difference being, those with tax-free parcels will profit immediately, while those with normal parcels will need to break-even first.

Just so you know ACE is saying in the forums the the physical CE is an upgrade to the digital version given to us in the lower tier- not a separate version of the game. 

Physical CEs are still worth over a hundred bucks alone. I don't think anyone was expecting to get two copies.

Physical CEs are still worth over a hundred bucks alone. I don't think anyone was expecting to get two copies.

Other KS games often offer additional copies, since they have no other value to offer for increased donations.  But, those have mostly been non-MMO games.

Nyt you are right they will cost more but we don't know what they cost now. So is it worth upping your pledge by a lot to get a little extra land. NO. Not if you don't really want the other stuff in the bundle you have to buy.

Thank you for digging that up.  Although Gordon wants to make them available, it's not guaranteed.  Likewise, if they are available, they'll cost more than those bundled in KS rewards.  So, pay less $ now, or risk paying more $ later as they become available and you have extra $.  The KS rewards is essentially a good long-term investment.

The difference being, those with tax-free parcels will profit immediately, while those with normal parcels will need to break-even first.

That's assuming a lot.  If you're going to base KS pledge levels on parcels alone, that's 50 dollars a parcel for the first three, and then 62.50 a parcel for the Emerald+ tiers.

No way in hell is 50 dollars a parcel marketable.  It would sell to maybe the top 3% wealthiest players.

There's also the question of how large the parcels are, as they claim it's around 1-2 acres in one FAQ question, and around 108 acres in another.

So hey, it's a gamble at this point based on incosistent information, but I'd rather save the 575 dollars of jumping up to the next pledge level on a big freaking question mark.

There were several of us just in one thread that was expecting the full retail CE, which would include a physical disk version of the game itself.  Some of them were going to pledge a second time after they found out that AMBER and above was only meant to have one version included.

Nyt you are right they will cost more but we don't know what they cost now. So is it worth upping your pledge by a lot to get a little extra land. NO. Not if you don't really want the other stuff in the bundle you have to buy.

There are other in-game values in the upgraded packages (besides the tax-free parcels).  For example:

• Your personal stronghold.  We have no idea what the upgrade costs will be on these, but they are required to expand your kingdom and directly impact the # of people that can visit your EK.  Going from a small fort to a castle will be quite the cost in both the purchase and resources to build it.
  • Villages, cottages, manors, etc... each one has value.  That value is increased even more with the EK update, since there will be enough parcels unlocked to place these immediately.
  • Extra buildings like cathedrals... which I'm sure will directly influence passive skill gain.

It's amazing how many people are ignoring the other rewards, which may end up holding far more value than what they're focused on (e.g. tax-free parcels).  Like this guy:

That's assuming a lot.  If you're going to base KS pledge levels on parcels alone, that's 50 dollars a parcel for the first three, and then 62.50 a parcel for the Emerald+ tiers.

No way in hell is 50 dollars a parcel marketable.  It would sell to maybe the top 3% wealthiest players.

There's also the question of how large the parcels are, as they claim it's around 1-2 acres in one FAQ question, and around 108 acres in another.

So hey, it's a gamble at this point based on incosistent information, but I'd rather save the 575 dollars of jumping up to the next pledge level on a big freaking question mark.

Question to ask yourself, will you regret not taking a higher pledge (if you're able to afford it) later?

Tax-free Parcels will be the Star Citizen LTI catastrophe of Crowfall. Mark my words.

lol, I doubt it. Besides, the LTI advantage won't be fully known until the SC MMO verse is released.

Edited by Nyt

If we are going to be completely truthful, the parcel amount makes no sense. Assuming we use the 5 parcels for $250 as the base, the $10,000 tier actually gets screwed over a lot. By the Amber justification, each parcel would be about $50 (obviously won't be the case) but equally, the Bloodstone says each parcel is $125. So In actuality to make it fair to bloodstone they should actually get around 160 parcels to match the Amber pricing, obviously anyone who even backs that much is probably going to dominate the game but it is a thought.

Question to ask yourself, will you regret not taking a higher pledge (if you're able to afford it) later?

Nope.  I'd love the mountain citadel, but way outside my budget.  As for what Ruby offers (and we have a few guildmates already at that level or higher that have offered to donate the custom guild crest), nothing of value to me.  I live in Michigan, so driving down for a launch party one day when I have no idea what my work schedule will look like isn't worth it, and an extra cabin or manor on my EK and slightly larger castle aren't really an incentive.

Edited by seventhbeacon

Tax-free Parcels will be the Star Citizen LTI catastrophe of Crowfall. Mark my words.

Speaking of...

The mods here need to take the CIG tactic for forum management and prepare to merge all the inevitable "tax-free?!?!" threads.  

There are a few threads already that could be merged...

There were several of us just in one thread that was expecting the full retail CE, which would include a physical disk version of the game itself.  Some of them were going to pledge a second time after they found out that AMBER and above was only meant to have one version included.

I'm confused. Does 'Physical Collector's Edition of Crowfall' not include Crowfall?