Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OTR

I Get The Feeling The In Game Prices Will Be A Joke.

the $10,000 tier actually gets screwed over a lot.

If you're dropping 10k on a game you do it to be a backer and support development, not for an i-win.

Speaking of...

The mods here need to take the CIG tactic for forum management and prepare to merge all the inevitable "tax-free?!?!" threads.  

There are a few threads already that could be merged...

Katamarii initially was good, but it turned into just the easy way to sweep things under the rug. I absolutely hate it now.

I'm confused. Does 'Physical Collector's Edition of Crowfall' not include Crowfall?

It does, but it does not include the serial #, or at least will be the same as the one you're given for the digital copy of the game.  The devs have clarified that the box is not a second copy of the game, but you'll have to run a search in the dev tracker here to see it.

Katamarii initially was good, but it turned into just the easy way to sweep things under the rug. I absolutely hate it now.

I haven't had a problem with it any time I've seen it really.   Turn a few 20 page threads about the same thing into a 120 page thread. I would prefer to see a 4 month old thread bumped than see a new one about the exact same thing started.  If it is being done to hide issues, it does a poor job of it.  Plus most of them aren't really about issues anyway... they are typically "joystick sucks," "No tight clothing plox," "LTI sucks, " "P2W," and "I don't like/understand PvP slider"   9/10 times they are threads started by people who don't understand how a certain game system is supposed to work anyway and had they used the forum search they would have found a thread to use or read. 

I figure we'll get a few options with Parcels.

• Purchase Parcel in game with VIP Tickets (these are taxed)
  • Purchase Parcel in cash shop
    • Upgrade Parcel to Tax-Free via Cash Shop

I'd love to see VIP Tickets being used in the Cash Shop for certain things. Eve Online does this and it works wonders.

BTW, they went beyond the "maybe we will" with a solid confirmation on KS:

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. about 7 hours ago

@Vesuvan This answers a lot of your questions, better get a cup of coffee, it's long and detailed: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/posts/1172383 
Also we will sell the tax-free parcels after KS (in bundles and perhaps separately), and the price for them will escalate over time , earlier backers get the best deals is our method of operation.

I'm going start this buy saying i'm a sapphire backer. However theses prices sound like they are going to be overly expensive. When I see someone ask if this or that can be gotten at the in game shop. All I see back is yes there will be many things available but not at the rock bottom prices they are now. Well my question is WHAT ARE THOSE PRICES? If I would like more things (which I do) its $500 for the next bundle and I would get 10 pieces of digital land, a slightly larger digital castle and the ability to use my guilds own art work for our heraldry. That last one I found a post where it was said heraldry would be $500 alone after the KS. Being part of a mercantile guild it is important to know when your getting a bad deal and this is starting to smell worse and worse everyday. 

When did pledging start to be more about the pledge package value and less about just support the game.I feel like that is the point of the multiple tiers of pledging, you pick what seems valuable to you. I promise you I am not trying to offend you when saying this, but your are focusing on the wrong things. Also, lets say for arguments sake you are correct, and it is a bad deal, you came off pretty negatively in your OP. I feel like there are better and more tactful ways to express your concern. I have also backed Star Citizen, and have paid over $200 on several occasions for digital ships that can be blown up. But ultimately its more about Backing the game and being part of development and seeing the Vision in my opinion. Anyway, I hope I didn't offend you friend, I am just trying to put things into perspective. Cheers  :)

*Edit* Also I want to let you know that none of the castle building type stuff can be bought in store, i remember a Dev specifically saying that.

Edited by arthidon

I agree, i figure about 10 bucks each.. but thats why i dropped from the 500 down to the 250 pledge the amount of land i gained was low compared to the price in cress, i have no desire to run a guild so that stuff does not favor me at all.

I am not the perfect guild leader to run a guild, I'd rather to join a welcoming positive, helpful, respectful guild. Even if I did drop $500" for crowfall it's all for supporting the game and future ideas as not to mention v.i.p worth $1080 ( $15 a month x 1 year = $180 x 6 years => $1080) not to mention all previous perks.

So yea I am not arguing about what it offers and why it's different from other perks, but that's my limit right now.

I do wish kickstarter can be extended, so i can drop $1k without any problem hehe.

Edited by Mox

No offence taken arthidon your right my op might have been to negative. There are good values to be had in the pledges. They are offering good things to the backers for lower prices then will be found after the KS. Yes it is about supporting ideas and projects you like. I made the post after i read what the op in this thread http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/4699-custom-unique-guild-heraldry-subject-to-approval/ got has their answer about use their own guild logo. I would like to use some of the fine artwork the folks in the guild are making. I should have waited or not posted at all. However misguided my post was I stand by what i meant by it even though I don't make it to clear in the first post. I think with my other posts what i was trying so say came out more. That is, if your selling something( that is what you doing by offering more or better items for more money) in bundles of multiple items in differing amounts you can't just say you will never get these prices again if you don't get it now even if that is the case. I say this because the person does not know what they are paying for the individual items now. I can't know what the creators value their product at normally. So i don't know if the few items I would like in the next bundle will be more or less expensive than the bundle after the KS. Some people will say this is the risk of Kickstarter. No the risk of kickstarter is the person your giving your money to has no obligation to give you anything in return. There are many KSs that have add-ons so you get a bundle of something and add additional items you would like. This helps the creators and the backers. The backers know about what the individual product is worth and know they are getting a great deal with the bundle. The creator allows backers to get more of the items they really want and that increases the amount they might other wise pledge especially if there are large jumps in the bundle prices. I would like to pledge more than I am and help raise the pledge amount to get more stretch goals. But with the next level so much more and me not caring for some of things that it comes with. I don't know if I will.

Sorry this so long and for adding to what should be a dead thread.

Edited by OTR