Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ek Dungeon/campaigning

wargasmo

This is getting a bit out of control now.

I agree that if theres any downtime inbetween campaigns, we should be able to have some fun in the EK. My objection is when this "fun" makes people stay in the EK rather than joining a new Campaign, since that is the main game afterall.

Theres no fun joining a campaign and having one side dominate because half of the other side left to play in their garden.

So I understand your point Wargasmo, and I think as long as it does not create incentives to stay in the EK indefinately, then I see no problem with some inhouse pvp campaigns in the campaign breaks.

While I see your concern, its not really up to "you" to determine or worry how other people have fun in game using features that are built into it.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

The EK's need to stay out of pulling away for the need to campaign.

If you are able to create too much content in the EK, then it becomes a slippery slope of turning the game into a "player developed" amusement park. That could kill the momentum of this game.

There is enough content to keep players happy under the currently explained system.

Maybe someday, years down the road, ACE can add content like this. It would be suicidal to make them now. They need to keep the EK as a sidebar rather than a place that could turn into 100% of players time.

I'm all for folks expanding what they want to do in their EK as long as it does not detract from the overall game development of campaigns.  I do not think OP was suggesting ArtCraft back his idea.  He was looking to pull off his idea with the tools that will be available in game already.  I'm totally cool with this.  I'd rather have a "creative player" that likes to spend 90% of his time in his EK, then not have the player at all, because that other 10% of the time he's going to be in a campaign for me to kill.

Please don't forget everyone that eventually everyone will have to go into a campaign.  Encourage them to build their dreams in the EK; while plotting their nightmares in the campaigns.

Thank you for your empathy. 

Nothing happens in the EK without materials. Even if you get enough to build you still have to maintain.

There will never be a replacement for going to the campaigns.

The sky is not falling.

Yes, this is only about monsters in the EK (and we know they will have)...open pvp option (we know that will have) and RP a dungeon crawling. (and we know players can rebuild the landscape).

Nothing new. Just creative work. 

The EK's need to stay out of pulling away for the need to campaign.

If you are able to create too much content in the EK, then it becomes a slippery slope of turning the game into a "player developed" amusement park. That could kill the momentum of this game.

There is enough content to keep players happy under the currently explained system.

Maybe someday, years down the road, ACE can add content like this. It would be suicidal to make them now. They need to keep the EK as a sidebar rather than a place that could turn into 100% of players ti

You still have to go to the campaigns to get materials... Based on how material intensive that is, that could drive people to participate in MORE campaigns to fund their side projects... While EK's last forever, there is no way a story driven campaign would, this would be something to do BETWEEN campaigns... 

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Stop trying to make crowfall a different game. Its a game focussed on pvp in campaigns. The EKs are just an excuse to not make the campaigns permanent. If you want some kind of social game that is minigame and building focussed go play minecraft. This game is crush2win not lollygagging in your EK. Stop hate posting pvp in a pvp focused game.

Stop trying to make crowfall a different game. Its a game focussed on pvp in campaigns. The EKs are just an excuse to not make the campaigns permanent. If you want some kind of social game that is minigame and building focussed go play minecraft. This game is crush2win not lollygagging in your EK. Stop hate posting pvp in a pvp focused game.

Obviously the developers of the game feel differently as they included EK's and spent a large amount of resources creating it.

While I see your concern, its not really up to "you" to determine or worry how other people have fun in game using features that are built into it.

Agreed.

Its up to ACE on what their vision is, so theres no point trying to demand features or changes to stuff in the EK.

It has to go both ways, if its not up to me, then its not up to you either :)

Agreed.

Its up to ACE on what their vision is, so theres no point trying to demand features or changes to stuff in the EK.

It has to go both ways, if its not up to me, then its not up to you either :)

If you will notice I only included things that we already know you can do with EK now. I never demanded any features be added, thats the beauty of it, you can do this.

I hope they NEVER sell cells in the item store.  This will force all these ek lovers to go to a campaign. 

If they put Pve in an EK in any form then I am out.  If they are hell bent later on putting pve into this game make it a campaign with pve objective with full loot pvp on death..  Then I would support PvE in this game. 

A special Dreg Ruleset....

If you will notice I only included things that we already know you can do with EK now. I never demanded any features be added, thats the beauty of it, you can do this.

You want to run a DnD style campaign inside the EK, thats a new feature, a new gamemode.

Atleast I havent seen ACE confirming the ability to have campaigns inside the EK's.  The Monarchs have the option to turn pvp on/off. If a group of players want to create their own little campaign with pvp on in their private EK, I dont mind. But wanting to create it as a feature I am against.

Obviously the developers of the game feel differently as they included EK's and spent a large amount of resources creating it.

No the devs thought okay we have temporary campaigns... where should players go in between campaigns and what reward can we give them? Oh I know lets just make permanent trophy worlds. The game is campaign focussed the EKs are just the lobbies. I doubt anyone will play the game for PvE or for the EKs... sorry but you are trying to make the game something its not.

You want to run a DnD style campaign inside the EK, thats a new feature, a new gamemode.

Atleast I havent seen ACE confirming the ability to have campaigns inside the EK's.  The Monarchs have the option to turn pvp on/off. If a group of players want to create their own little campaign with pvp on in their private EK, I dont mind. But wanting to create it as a feature I am against.

So hypothetically say I want to run a DnD style campaign inside the EK. And using in game mechanics I do so. That constitutes a new game mode? 

No the devs thought okay we have temporary campaigns... where should players go in between campaigns and what reward can we give them? Oh I know lets just make permanent trophy worlds. The game is campaign focussed the EKs are just the lobbies. I doubt anyone will play the game for PvE or for the EKs... sorry but you are trying to make the game something its not.

You do realize that EK's can get to the size of small continents and the monarch can control the pvp ruleset turning it into a "Dredge" system where full pvp and full loot take place correct? The EK's were DESIGNED with combat in mind.

Edited by Wargasmo

So hypothetically say I want to run a DnD style campaign inside the EK. And using in game mechanics I do so. That constitutes a new game mode? 

Did you read my post?

I said if a group of players want to run their own little fantasy campaign inside their safe EK with pvp turned on, I am fine with it. You still need to get into the real campaign to get resources eventually anyways.

What I was against since the start of this thread, was the idea to make this into a game mode in Crowfall,

I've said since day one that players can hide all they want in the EK and /dance, they have to go out into the real world eventually.

I hope they NEVER sell cells in the item store.  This will force all these ek lovers to go to a campaign. 

If they put Pve in an EK in any form then I am out.  If they are hell bent later on putting pve into this game make it a campaign with pve objective with full loot pvp on death..  Then I would support PvE in this game. 

A special Dreg Ruleset....

Allow me to link you to the FAQ friend! PvE is part of the game, just because there IS PvE doesnt mean you have to stop pvping

7. This sounds like there is lots of Player-versus-Player fighting, what about monsters (Player-versus-Environment)?

There will be monsters in Crowfall – lots of them – but they are intended to raise the general “threat level” of the game, not to be the primary focus.

Crowfall will not have any instanced PvE dungeons and raids, for instance. The Worlds WILL be crawling with monsters and former inhabitants of the Dying Worlds, however.

Players will often need to fight NPC monsters near resource nodes, gain access to points of interest, scavenge for food and equipment, and often to simply survive. Many of these creatures are powerful enough that they will be very challenging to defeat – even for multiple players working together.

Some activities will require players to seek out monsters – some recipes will require reagents that can only be found by defeating certain monsters, or require the use of rare Thralls (“ghosts” NPCs that must be captured) to bind into an enchantment. Also, remember that the monsters will also become more deadly as Winter approaches, and the Hunger bleeds the warmth from each World.

You must break it down simpler I think.  You keep saying the same thing over and over, but she keeps posting the same thing over and over.

You propose something using what's already planned for the game, she sees it as a new feature that must be developed and added.

Leave the poor horse be!!!

At least the other half of the folks added a bit of depth with their statements regarding it taking away time folks would spend in a campaign.  Unfortunately, those folks are as equally short sighted as they think folks will play in the campaigns instead of simply not playing at all.

PS:  You should pick an avatar...

[@--(o.O)@]

Did you read my post?

I said if a group of players want to run their own little fantasy campaign inside their safe EK with pvp turned on, I am fine with it. You still need to get into the real campaign to get resources eventually anyways.

What I was against since the start of this thread, was the idea to make this into a game mode in Crowfall,

I've said since day one that players can hide all they want in the EK and /dance, they have to go out into the real world eventually.

So you agree with his idea then as he never stated it was something that should be developed into a game mode.

/thread

[@--(o.O)@]

How is it a new game mode? Is RP, in say SWTOR or WoW, also a different game mode/feature?