Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HappyWulf

Parcels Are Multi-Celled. How Many Cells Will The Tax-Free Ks Parcels Be?

Size is still only a concept atm I think. It will be smaller than a campaign but idk how big campaigns are really and how small kingdoms are compared to campaigns.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Size is still only a concept atm I think. It will be smaller than a campaign but idk how big campaigns are really and how small kingdoms are compared to campaigns.

Campaigns are likely to be massive as they are procedural. I would expect them to be no smaller than the two mainlands of WoW combined in size, and more than likely much larger.

A single (or 2 piece parcel) cell is likely to be as big as The Barrens (WoW).

Of course these are just guestimates, but they are in-line with what we know about the system and their direction of plans.

My main question is how many Cells (Each square that makes up a part of a Parcel) will be in the Tax-Free Parcels?

For now, we are estimating a cell will likely be somewhere between a quarter of a square acre and two square acres in size. Either way, even the smallest Kingdom will be much larger than a typical MMO housing instance.

So it sounds to me even a small Ek Is a  big EK. 

the actual concept shows 20x20 cells within a parcel, while a classic town hall makes about 2x2 cells and a small villa about 1x1. subject to changes surely. ;)

69ab1d60670e8feeca999992a9ea031c_origina

that would make a standard beginners kingdom 60x60 cells or 60x60 houses wide if there would be no space between them.

Edited by Torenstahl

parcels are one cell. Multi-cell parcels are just two or more parcels put together in various layouts. You can get larger multi-cell parcels probably at the cost of multiple parcels worth of materials, but the multi cell parcels are more efficient in their layout of usable land for buildings, total EK pop cap, etc

I'm imagining we will be able to select some multi-cell parcels as part of the tax free backer reward parcels

Torenstahl, you're confusing "cells" with "lots". A cell is one of the large terrain squares which make up the landscape; the picture you pasted consists of 5 cells. Each cell is made up of 400 (?) lots, which are individual building spaces.

A "parcel" is a terraforming template applied to a cell. Parcels and cells are the same size: a cell without a parcel is unbuildable/wild, while a cell with a parcel applied to it becomes usable terrain. So KS backers who get 5 bonus parcels have the ability to transform 5 wild cells into usable terrain.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully