Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking For A Quality Guild!

i would agree :) however u never know, The Strormcrows are pretty good guys, thought if your looking for that style of guild i would get ahold of them guys. 

Why thanks, Archie. I think so, too. ;)

Sellin: Welcome. Feel free to check out our guild (follow the link in my signature to a guild thread).

Edited by OurFall

8Xk1ctm.png

thestormcrows.squarespace.com

I will do my best to respond to PMs within two days.

Obviously pick the guild with the most Alpha slots. The information gathered there and in beta is very valuable  to min/max properly, and alot of bigger guilds are going to keep silent if they find a good build.

Best way is to get on IRC, lots of people with Amber + pledges there.

ma-sig.png
Merketh: "If you are looking for a loot grind that's equivalent to PvE raid experiences of other MMO's, where you max your ilevel, wait for the next content patch, rinse repeat then this is absolutely not the game for you."

Replied to several more PMs today and got some good offers, still considering my options though, and again thanks to everyone who had taken the time to reach out.

Replied to several more PMs today and got some good offers, still considering my options though, and again thanks to everyone who had taken the time to reach out.

What has you on the fence about some of your options?  I was totally fine with your initial post, and even a follow up post.  But it seems like you've taken this to an extreme with the vetting process.  I'm genuinely curious why haven't you found a home yet?  I understand wanting to find somewhere that is a good fit, but at some point a lot of the better guild's interest will dry up and they'll move along.

Maybe that's just the manager, who occasionally has to field hiring panels, talking.

[@--(o.O)@]

Hi Scribbles, I understand your concern I don't really agree with what you said as far as 'taking it to an extreme' goes but that is obviously subject to opinion, a fair number of the replies I received were pretty generic my guild needs people you are people, so I haven't been in so much of a rush as far as 'interest drying up' goes. I would rather wait for my absolute ideal or as close to it as possible as no one has really given me a  (Which as I said in my OP, I am not exactly sure what I want but very few of the options presented to me have really WOW'd me and no one has really come to me with a given deadline that they'd like a yes or no by) to come along and present itself than make a compromise and commit myself to a group and then end up bailing on them because I was too quick to make my choice.

Regardless I appreciate your feedback Scribbles. 

Edited by Sellin

What has you on the fence about some of your options?  I was totally fine with your initial post, and even a follow up post.  But it seems like you've taken this to an extreme with the vetting process.  I'm genuinely curious why haven't you found a home yet?  I understand wanting to find somewhere that is a good fit, but at some point a lot of the better guild's interest will dry up and they'll move along.

Maybe that's just the manager, who occasionally has to field hiring panels, talking.

Well, I do recall the search that ultimately led me to applying to SD, and it was a long process. At least on a personal level, joining a guild was never a thing I'd do lightly, and after reviewing multiple guilds I narrowed down the number to a few, of which afterwards I chose the one to primarily apply to. It's like searching for a job, if you consider yourself a "qualified player" you wouldn't just join the first clan that'd take you, hm? Same as if you're qualified in some field, you'd actually weigh your options and choose the "best job for you". Essentially it's the same scenario. And even though freeze was being our typical freeze, he is correct here, Sellin, majority of the well established, competitive guilds don't typically reach out to players, they expect the players to reach out to them.

Well, I do recall the search that ultimately led me to applying to SD, and it was a long process. At least on a personal level, joining a guild was never a thing I'd do lightly, and after reviewing multiple guilds I narrowed down the number to a few, of which afterwards I chose the one to primarily apply to. It's like searching for a job, if you consider yourself a "qualified player" you wouldn't just join the first clan that'd take you, hm? Same as if you're qualified in some field, you'd actually weigh your options and choose the "best job for you". Essentially it's the same scenario. And even though freeze was being our typical freeze, he is correct here, Sellin, majority of the well established, competitive guilds don't typically reach out to players, they expect the players to reach out to them.

In the job market typically the seeker is the one who does the legwork.  I was more or less just reiterating Freeze's point though, and curious of what OP was looking for that he/she hasn't found yet.  I understand ignoring the canned responses though; I'd probably do the same.

[@--(o.O)@]

Yea that is understandable Scribbles and I for sure am familiar with the process as far as actual careers goes. :) This is just a good process for me to really figure out what I do and don't want and figured it was a better idea to get it out of the way a year and some change in advance though waiting till last minute to find something would be a very poor choice.

If I could ask, what exactly do you feel like you are looking for, to narrow the field? Are you looking to harvest, craft, and trade? Maybe looking to fight other players? While I saw you said you don't quite know, you should have some inklings of what interests you.

8Xk1ctm.png

Viris colratha dath sethicara tesh dasovallian. Soluris veh za jass.

Yea Andearmad, mostly the PvP is what I am after but I think I may have found something, so going to let this thread slowly fadeaway in hopes that it works out, I appreciate everything and everyone who has replied and hopefully I won't have to bump this one.