Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Pvp Update

While I don't think the roof has fallen in on itself like some are saying...

The updates so far have been about the sidebar aspects of the game.

I want some meat. Tell us about PVP.

(Sits patiently with Knife and Fork in hand)

Not to play devil's advocate(But you know Im gonna ;) ) What do you want to see about pvp? We already know full and partial loot. Do you want to see actual Archetype skills? Some Disciplines with abilities added? Rough damage tables for physical vs magical?

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Not to play devil's advocate(But you know Im gonna ;) ) What do you want to see about pvp? We already know full and partial loot. Do you want to see actual Archetype skills? Some Disciplines with abilities added? Rough damage tables for physical vs magical?

Anything about PvP really. Most of updates and goals were about stuff like VIP, Artifacts, Tax-Free Parcels, EK management, All-Father Statue, Mounts figurine, etc.

I am here for the PvP, the large scale sieges, the strategy, the destructible environment, the ephemeral worlds.

We need some numbers to be able to min-max properly.

So how important is Crit% going to be, base hp regen numbers?

Numbers from traits and disciplines to work out how to get our desired outcome from each one.

Just normal everyday stuff basicly... I dont want to make a stupid mistake in charcreation and have to throw the game out the window because we dont have the numbers to calculate dmg output properly.

Edited by Zinnie

Well hopefully you get the "character testing" out of the way in alpha or beta or at least have guildies in alpha or beta that can lead you down the right path. That being said if I had to take a guess just looking at how closely the character creation resembles shadowbane, brushing up on SB's character building probably wouldnt be a terrible idea.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Also HOW it will work, you know turn speed, jumping while spinning and firing DFO style, hit box size for different archtypes, friendly fire in different rulesets, aoe's etc

Now THOSE are some awesome questions I would like answers for.

Also HOW it will work, you know turn speed, jumping while spinning and firing DFO style, hit box size for different archtypes, friendly fire in different rulesets, aoe's etc

bump for visibility

Also: how long do 1vs1 fights last? I hope we won't see anything similar to Archeage where certain classes with a series of stuns instantly kill some other classes. And how many active spells will we be able to use?

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Push and Charge mechanics maybe some examples of Abilties vs Counter-abilities

Numbers from traits and disciplines to work out how to get our desired outcome from each one.

Just normal everyday stuff basicly... I dont want to make a stupid mistake in charcreation and have to throw the game out the window because we dont have the numbers to calculate dmg output properly.

I don't know if it is such a good idea to go for that 'normal everyday stuff' we're used to.Min maxing can bring out the worst in people.

To the point where only metabuilds" are accepted...

It should be so that there is no universal truth about what the best build is.If the game is more like an RTS game where each of the archetypes excel in another area.it won't be about just damage any longer.

Edited by Tipsy

Methinks its far, far too early to get into any of that. With almost 2 years until the game is out, there will be plenty of time to worry about that once play testing starts! I'd be surprised if they even have base numbers fleshed out yet, let alone any sort of balance work.

zjsbjmn.png