Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Pvp Update

real Crows

As a community, are we gonna call ourselves crows?

It makes us sound like a bad prostitution agency

Welcome to the crows brothel! I trust we can meet your needs!

I kinda like it now

Edgy

As a community, are we gonna call ourselves crows?

It makes us sound like a bad prostitution agency

Welcome to the crows brothel! I trust we can meet your needs!

I kinda like it now

I've read somewhere that we were the Crows, the scavengers of the Worlds!  :)

I love it, because crows are graceful, strong and intelligent birds.

Crows are scavengers and it has nothing do to with building fluffy castle in Eternal Kingdom.

They do like collecting shiny things though

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Also HOW it will work, you know turn speed, jumping while spinning and firing DFO style, hit box size for different archtypes, friendly fire in different rulesets, aoe's etc

The wonder of ACE's game design seems to me to be that it is both modular (bits can easily be added or taken away) and flexible (nearly any aspect can have its parameters changed at the flick of a switch to make it more fun).

This makes it very easy for ACE to play with some of the wilder community ideas if they want - they know that if something isn't a success, they can simply change or remove it later on (and if it *is* successful, then expanding it is easy).

The thing is, combat is probably the one exception to this: although balance can be tweaked as you go, the underlying system must be as close to perfect as is humanly possible right from the start  - or no one will play the game long enough to make all the other cool stuff work.

So since everything else stems from nailing combat on day one, it is the one area of the game where anything said today may well be scrapped or turned on its head tomorrow, the moment feedback shows it isn't skilful enough, or just isn't enough fun, or or even if "it just doesn't feel quite right"...

What I am trying to say is that we will know how combat is really going to work the day we log in and go "WOW! Yep, *now* they've nailed it".

What I am trying to say is that we will know how combat is really going to work the day we log in and go "WOW! Yep, *now* they've nailed it".

And looking at the in-game footage they released, I already feel a bit of the "Wow, now they've nailed it".  :P

The alpha isnt even out yet and you want meat. Lol...give a mouse a cookie truer words havent been spoken.

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

The alpha isnt even out yet and you want meat. Lol...give a mouse a cookie truer words havent been spoken.

Well, it worked for the EK whiners

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Well, it worked for the EK whiners

If you read closely, they didnt release that much about EKs. Just the broad strokes. No formula or deeper mechanics.

Besides, any info released would have very little context.

Edited by Addykt

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

If you read closely, they didnt release that much about EKs. Just the broad strokes. No formula or deeper mechanics.

Lol.

Wonder why they are so happy then

Yes, I want meat. It can be some details on combat, images, strategies, what the developers find cool about their combat system, details on terrain advantage in combat, how the caravan system could increase dramatically the ambush and thieves activity, sieges mechanics, scenarios of wars, etc.

What I find important with this is to reassure people like me who are looking for thrilling PvP and find more or less attractive all the EK stuff published lately.

Now give us some meat about PvP please, that's what real Crows care about.

I feel like there's the least information about PvE/PvP related stuff.  Yes, fighting may be what changes the most about this game; that's why I want to know what they're thinking about it now.  Surely they have thought about it and I am very interested in their vision, because that will inform the development process as the game moves through alpha and beta.

The concepts they are talking about putting into PvP (physics and friendly fire) are more or less novel to MMO's and I want to know what they think those mechanics will change about game-play.

They've talked about action oriented.  Does that mean dodging and blocking will be critical or just afterthoughts compared to buffer tanking and DPS racing?  Will there be stamina to consider?

What of equipment?  Will archetypes be locked to a weapon type?  If so, will promotions give access to other weapons and skillsets for them?   

How much advantage are gear and promotions going to bestow relative to player skill?  This is my biggest concern.

At this point, there's been not much said on this subject and a lot of hyped up speculation.

There's no reason they can't give us details on sieges. Maybe some art work or in-game assets of catapults and trebuchets. Maybe some idea of how tunneling will work, or how much of a factor flight will be. Maybe some info on the different types of fortifications.

Based on what they've shown us so far, and the fact that they have told us things are pre-alpha and they are still making big decisions about the combat, how can you possibly expect those kinds of details right now? 

They should keep experimenting, at this point, giving us any commitments to a specific feature that they could change later would be silly. Maybe if they discussed some of their exploration and thoughts on different features and mechanisms, we could get some insight on their progress and mindset, but they don't need to wind down the kickstarter with another combat design thread where Sheen bumps to oblivion about how reticle aiming is needed for his "high skill ceiling" >.>

Edited by BahamutKaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Based on what they've shown us so far, and the fact that they have told us things are pre-alpha and they are still making big decisions about the combat, how can you possibly expect those kinds of details right now? 

We don't expect anything, but I think the animation will improve a lot after the KS is done when we're closer to the summer, because of our new artist who will mainly work with effects to improve overall immersion of Crowfall.

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/