Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Pvp Update

If they don't have some explanation of their thoughts on combat by the end of KS, my assumption is going to be that they haven't thought about it.

They should keep experimenting, at this point, giving us any commitments to a specific feature that they could change later would be silly. Maybe if they discussed some of their exploration and thoughts on different features and mechanisms, we could get some insight on their progress and mindset, but they don't need to wind down the kickstarter with another combat design thread where Sheen bumps to oblivion about how reticle aiming is needed for his "high skill ceiling" >.>

Yes I understand that they can't give specific information on features that will most likely transform or disappear. But there are plenty of stuff they can discuss that are more general and that we will appreciate to read about. It can be here on the forum instead than on Kickstarter.

Lol.

Lets use the EK pro tactic.

"If we don't hear something about pvp, we are seriously considering with drawing"

Wait, already did that

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I'd like to know if we will be able to do things in the campaigns like barricade box canyons, set traps to collapse mineshafts, flood a mine with water, capture players with net traps and the like, burn people to death if they set up in dense forests, burn them with burning oil traps over gates, etc....

eEvERiW.jpg

I'd like to know if we will be able to do things in the campaigns like barricade box canyons, set traps to collapse mineshafts, flood a mine with water, capture players with net traps and the like, burn people to death if they set up in dense forests, burn them with burning oil traps over gates, etc....

Are you going to be sarcastic and mention this in every thread if we don't get this?

Or was that reserved for the EKs?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Are you going to be sarcastic and mention this in every thread if we don't get this?

Or was that reserved for the EKs?

What? SarCASTIC?! Seriously? When have I EVER been sarCASTIC?   :o

Come on C, I'm nothing but consistent, right? These cool-ish ideas (cool, right?) live in a different time zone than the questions I had about the EK. Those were top-level design and playability issues. My idea's for pvp are low-level mayhem inside campaigns.

But, yes, I WILL by pushing for stuff like this constantly. I want PvP to be fun and varied.

eEvERiW.jpg

The game is in Pre-alpha... If they did show us anything it would most likely change by release and when they did change it whiners would come on the forum crying as usual.

They have been focused on hyping the Kickstarter for now.

Im sure once the money drive is over more information will become available as they get it.

I mean personally I would love for this thing to be coming out this week, but its gonna be a while before we realize what this game really is.

Give them the time to build it.

Rage Quit

I think we really need a PvP update, a few words about combat or something.

VR, God Statue, EK Kingdoms, tax-free parcels, manors, VIP...

Now give us some meat about PvP please, that's what real Crows care about.

Thats right.  " I wanna, I

wanna kill. Kill. I wanna kill, kill I wanna see blood and gore and

guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies I wanna kill"

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

"you can get anything you want....at Alice's restaurant..."

and yeah...put me down for wanting moar on PvP sooner rather than later...

i don't expect too much in the way of detail....but i'd like the same kind of broad strokes info that we've gotten about the EKs for PvP basics...

ah well...."waiting Is..."

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Careful what you wish for folks. EK info was asked for and now we got hordes roaming around ready to burn the place down because they think Crowfall is now some themepark PvE raiding purple pixel fest.

Careful what you wish for folks. EK info was asked for and now we got hordes roaming around ready to burn the place down because they think Crowfall is now some themepark PvE raiding purple pixel fest.

You forgot something about "whales" too.  :lol:

I role play a wordsmith.

It isn't?!! I am unpledging.

A few things on the top of the homepage linger like 'more Immersive/real/impactful,..something deeper than a virtual amusement park,game where decisions matter,...That combined with the fact that it is a mix or RPG and RTS has got me very excited.

Often when I read about issues with pvp I think about how this mixture might offer solutions.

And I feel like it all makes sense, but still I'm dying to learn more about pvp,

or just get some of the initial thoughts they have about it.