Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowmizer

Nobody Will Visit/shop At Your Eternal Kingdom

With the estimated 15,000 backers, that means there will be 15,000 Eternal Kingdoms.

Now, since this is not your standard "map" and players visit your "City"...I am assuming that you will "Gate" to everybodys Eternal Kingdoms.

But the question is, with 15k Kingdoms...How the hell do you think players will visit YOURS???

There will be certain established EK's ( im assuming the Kickstarter $5,000 to $10,000 pledges with the massive lands and Castles) that right from the beginning of the game, will be the established "Vendor City"...and everybody else, their Eternal Kingdom will be a freaking ghost town.

15,000 individual EKs......and players think that other players will shop at theirs?  the odds against that are staggering.

How does the Devs plan on preventing a few "Vendor cities"....whose owners/ruler rakes in boatloads of cash from taxes, and everyone else has a Eternal Kingdom that is just for their own personal amusement??  Or is this just inevitable??

Thoughts????

snow-miser-o.gif

Edited by SnowMizer

dulpoa76627.png

It does not sound as if building and developing an EK is really a one person job. I'm sure it can be done over time, but you will be competing with guilds that may have hundreds of parcels. Driving traffic to a one man EK will probably be a tough sell

It will be all about marketing. If you want to be known for your wares you will do what you need to do so your name is known. Whether you start off in an established vendor city, spam the forums, spam trade. It will be up to you to become famous. Once you establish yourself you can then move your operations to your personal EK and grow it from there. It's as simple as that.

The reality is most people are not looking to become the best merchant in the game. So I bet most EK's will be a refuge for the player to go and chill then prepare for the next campaign. I know my EK will be private because I don't want any of you bums on my land.

Edited by Pyara

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

Oh, another EK focused thread.

How novel.

But, it is even WORSE than you think.

They are expecting 10 players for each backer on KS.

THAT IS 150.000 EKS YOU HAVE TO COMPETE WITH

MOTHER custard HORROR

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

While its true, depending on speed of travel, how efficiently the merchants are setup etc. Shadowbane would have multiple vendor cities per server. So yeah the biggest few will probably get the most traffic but I dont know if that neccessarily stops people from "Bargain hunting" trying to check out less frequented merchant cities looking for a good deal or a specific item... But you are right there is no way you will visit ALL... but I would assume alot of people would be ok with only running a merchant as long as the taxes arent terrible.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

If you tell me you'll sell me whatever I want cheaper than what a bigger city is offering then I'll surely stop by and kill you and take it buy it from you instead.

Seriously though, you won't be able to solo the game.  You should not be looking to go into the game, amass a giant personal kingdom to rule the lands.  I think if that's what you're hoping for you're going to have a very hard time.  You should go into the game with an alliance behind you that will allow you to cater to your playstyle.

[@--(o.O)@]

Depending on the amount of control is allowed over EKs most will just be training grounds, battle arenas, and trading centers. If they allow more control I can easily see RP worlds, minigames like hide and seek, and way more.

you visit my EK, you die son!

That is the plan.  Invite you over with the promise of a good deal.  As soon as you zone in you'll be met by my merry band of bandits salivating over your wares, and soon corpse.  Here's to hoping there is full loot in EK's.

[@--(o.O)@]

it will probably be by chance, but some EK's will turn into trade hubs.

Strong trade or crafting guilds stand the best chance of having a populated EK.

Only the few that know how to market their EK and attract visitors will be known and visited by the masses.  

@OP: Sorry, that may not be you and a few others in this thread.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

This remains one of the problems with the EK system. I did outline a solution to this (see 2nd link in my sig) whereby EK owners basically burn / sacrifice resources, the more they burn the higher they get ranked in the "places to visit" list. 

It might actually be fun to set up a vendor that sells nice stuff for virtually nothing, turn on full loot PvP with equipment drops and challenge the world that whoever can reach your vendor alive is welcome to shop. And then try to prevent people from doing just that.