Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowmizer

Nobody Will Visit/shop At Your Eternal Kingdom

Erm... SnowMizer from SB?!

Yup, it's me. Most of our old SB crew has kickstarter backed this game.

Who's this Btw...don't recognize the name ( been years since SB)

dulpoa76627.png

While the convenience of having a large EK with lots of vendors selling everything will be attractive, competitive pricing will help a lot. And by "competitive pricing" I mean how raw resources always go for 2 and 3 times the cost of the finished goods since so many people think resources they get themselves are "free" and they can charge less than the going rate for goods since "it's still a profit". /snark

Yeah, this is going to be interesting to see play out. The good news is (which makes me sad) that all EK are only a loading-screen away. So it will be easy for people to bargain shop. No need to drive/run/fly across the world to get to that remote crafter who sell's great quality stuff for "fair" prices, lol.....

eEvERiW.jpg

Yup, it's me. Most of our old SB crew has kickstarter backed this game.

Who's this Btw...don't recognize the name ( been years since SB)

Lightly Armored Vehicle/Wargasmo... yeah pretty much all Ghosts of War has backed, Goros, Brambles, Jehuty, Skandranon, Cyric, Silver, Valryna, Dreaden, Chelvie is who I can think of off the top of my head Ill have to check the list

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

I don't know why they don't just make the EK's one big shared world and maybe instance off portions off it to account for size issues, making sure everyone has their own EK, and allowing for different rules per EK. But make the EK itself one big permanent world with maybe portals to walk into certain housing areas. At least then it's be easier to see and visit other EK's and promote that more.

Lightly Armored Vehicle/Wargasmo... yeah pretty much all Ghosts of War has backed, Goros, Brambles, Jehuty, Skandranon, Cyric, Silver, Valryna, Dreaden, Chelvie is who I can think of off the top of my head Ill have to check the list

I remember you guys....

dulpoa76627.png

I actually like that no one will be shopping at 'my' EK specifically. The fact that there is going to be de facto trade hubs where players will (hopefully) have to vie for positions just adds another thing for players to do when they don't feel like participating in campaigns all the time.

I actually like that no one will be shopping at 'my' EK specifically. The fact that there is going to be de facto trade hubs where players will (hopefully) have to vie for positions just adds another thing for players to do when they don't feel like participating in campaigns all the time.

You, as the Monarch and absolute ruler of your EK, can make your EK 'private', preventing anyone who has not pledged "fealty" to you from entering. Just FYI....

eEvERiW.jpg

I don't know why they don't just make the EK's one big shared world and maybe instance off portions off it to account for size issues, making sure everyone has their own EK, and allowing for different rules per EK. But make the EK itself one big permanent world with maybe portals to walk into certain housing areas. At least then it's be easier to see and visit other EK's and promote that more.

this has already been discussed and concluded as confusing and time consuming

You, as the Monarch and absolute ruler of your EK, can make your EK 'private', preventing anyone who has not pledged "fealty" to you from entering. Just FYI....

Yeah, I understand this. What I meant by the post is that there are going to be people attempting to push their EK as a trading hub, and the competition between players to do so will provide another means of entertaining ones self with the game. 

Edit: Thanks for posting this information though, maybe someone else who isn't aware will come across it and learn something :D

Edited by amazering

This remains one of the problems with the EK system. I did outline a solution to this (see 2nd link in my sig) whereby EK owners basically burn / sacrifice resources, the more they burn the higher they get ranked in the "places to visit" list. 

Sounds inspired by Google... although it would just be another form of pay2win.  

Ace already indicated that the larger your EK, the more prominent it will be for players to find it.  So they already have a system in mind for this and are probably fleshing out the details.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

14997, I'll be living as a baron in one of those market guild cities.

You cannot compete with 320 mega-sized plots of land being tax free with an Imperial Palace at its center.  That's like having your own server.  So you do what Brooklyn did when New York decided to become too powerful.  You join them or be crushed.  Play 2 Crush.

With the estimated 15,000 backers, that means there will be 15,000 Eternal Kingdoms.

Now, since this is not your standard "map" and players visit your "City"...I am assuming that you will "Gate" to everybodys Eternal Kingdoms.

But the question is, with 15k Kingdoms...How the hell do you think players will visit YOURS???

There will be certain established EK's ( im assuming the Kickstarter $5,000 to $10,000 pledges with the massive lands and Castles) that right from the beginning of the game, will be the established "Vendor City"...and everybody else, their Eternal Kingdom will be a freaking ghost town.

15,000 individual EKs......and players think that other players will shop at theirs?  the odds against that are staggering.

How does the Devs plan on preventing a few "Vendor cities"....whose owners/ruler rakes in boatloads of cash from taxes, and everyone else has a Eternal Kingdom that is just for their own personal amusement??  Or is this just inevitable??

Thoughts?

Exactly the point.  You have have your personal place, or you can contribute all of what you earn to your guild and help build one of the top 20 EKs that people will visit.  Or you can completely ignore it.  I guess that's the role of the EK as I read it now.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

14997, I'll be living as a baron in one of those market guild cities.

You cannot compete with 320 mega-sized plots of land being tax free with an Imperial Palace at its center.  That's like having your own server.  So you do what Brooklyn did when New York decided to become too powerful.  You join them or be crushed.  Play 2 Crush.

I'm pretty sure most of those are family/friends of Ace and won't really be utilizing their EKs for economic gain.  Then, there are mega guilds which may have some of them, although most either leave the game 1-3 months after release.  That will leave only a few of the large KS EKs with any real public activity.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

It'll be cool to see what happens when a guild leader quits or changes guilds too.  The account with the mega city is usually HIS account.  The guild has no rights to that EK.

"EVERYONE OUT!  This metropolis is now under the rule of Goon Squad!  We bought off your guild leader like we did to BoB!"