Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sledge

Was Ace Caught Off Guard By Ks Success?

I saw this post by ACE on KS comments shortly after 14K was hit.

"No new stretch goal yet folks, as need some art for it and frankly we'll hit the stretch goal tomorrow AM anyway!"

It's now some 16hrs later (and 1 full work day) and all I'm hearing so far are the crickets!

I think maybe we have exceeded their expectations?

Very Likely it has.

That is not a bad thing. After the KS campaign, they have the money to bring in the resources and time to make it all happen.

The KS seemed to calculated and well planned I doubt it, but maybe. Its all perception so I could be wrong, or maybe they ran short on ideas? Not sure but silence at this point is concerning. I expected to see banners flying and war drums beating all day! I keep checking MMO sites for any news.

I role play a wordsmith.

they probably had a handful of ideas and since they're so close to the end, they're probably just deciding which one would have the biggest gain.

It's my opinion that they've had this whole thing planned out start to finish. Even in their videos they humble it up even though they must've had some projections on their success.

Edited by headlight

The KS seemed to calculated and well planned I doubt it, but maybe. Its all perception so I could be wrong, or maybe they ran short on ideas? Not sure but silence at this point is concerning. I expected to see banners flying and war drums beating all day! I keep checking MMO sites for any news.

While I think it's probably true they were caught off guard, wait for the 48 hour mark. I wonder how many people clicked "remind me" and will come back to check it out at that time (KS sends an email at 48 hours). Maybe they're waiting for that for combat videos and stuff? I don't know, either way this is a great kickstarter and I'm glad we have exceeded their expectations. I even heard Todd say he thought they were going to be on pins and needles hoping they hit 800k.

If I'm not mistaking, someone here said reddit /r/gaming lets you discuss kickstarters when they're at 48 hours. AMA inc? 

Edited by Hax

Someone from ACE has been chatty in the KS comments, just not here...

Maybe it has gotten a little toxic here the last couple of days, so they are laying low...  :ph34r:

Edited by Kell

I was expecting a info dump at 72 hours, but maybe they're waiting for 48 hour mark to coincide with the 48 hour reminder that goes out.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I was expecting a info dump at 72 hours, but maybe they're waiting for 48 hour mark to coincide with the 48 hour reminder that goes out.

I'm sure they know the stats so they know exactly when to turn it on. 48 hours is probably right.

as long as there is caravans for me to Gank, i'm ok

Ah, I see I will be running from you someday.

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

I'm fine with that - remember that the team size about the same as when the KS started with only 1 additional ACE team member the effect artist - so if you add too many stretch goals, well, it will only delay the main Crowfall launch

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

as long as there is caravans for me to Gank, i'm ok

I wonder if we can do a trojan horse (as in, people can ride in caravans)

How awesome would it be to decoy a caravan full of players, then when jumped, jumps out and PVP happens (all the while, the real caravan makes it's way to escrow on another route)

Your comment made me think is all...

I think the community has been helping shape which ideas are more valuable to the community in terms of goals.  We already saw them add the bonus parcels, which was based on feedback on VR.  I'm sure they had a number of goal ideas.... and we have been assisting them with the priority alignment of those feature ideas.  Same goes with the content and artwork needed for the info drops on the KS updates.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Someone from ACE has been chatty in the KS comments, just not here...

Maybe it has gotten a little toxic here the last couple of days, so they are laying low...  :ph34r:

I noticed that. While initially peeved, they can do what they want on their KS page. It's good for people to get somewhat real-time answers to their questions. Just go ask your questions there and pretend you're not on the forums :P

I think the community has been helping shape which ideas are more valuable to the community in terms of goals.  We already saw them add the bonus parcels, which was based on feedback on VR.  I'm sure they had a number of goal ideas.... and we have been assisting them with the priority alignment of those feature ideas.  Same goes with the content and artwork needed for the info drops on the KS updates.

Creator ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. about 4 hours ago

@Arkade "The only reason they added the parcels update was to appease the VR naysayers." Not true, we had already decided to add the parcels after the EK update, the only "appeasement" was to put it earlier than VR, since it affected almost every backer, unlike VR.

*** On topic:

Kalawatis 9 minutes ago

Only 12,2k to God's Reach and Relics System!

Better rush with the next strech goal update @ArtCraft!

Creator ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 7 minutes ago

@Kalawatis We're ready!

I wonder if we can do a trojan horse (as in, people can ride in caravans)

How awesome would it be to decoy a caravan full of players, then when jumped, jumps out and PVP happens (all the while, the real caravan makes it's way to escrow on another route)

Your comment made me think is all...

man, you made me a little wet. no homo

2whf87a.jpg

guys just a quick question please

I'm European, can I back through the kickstarter to gain acess to some rewards? And if I do, am I obligatted to play in US servers?

2whf87a.jpg

guys just a quick question please

I'm European, can I back through the kickstarter to gain acess to some rewards? And if I do, am I obligatted to play in US servers?

I think they said you are not forced in to only US or European servers. In fact, you can switch back and forth(I need to find the quote)

If you back through the KS you get those sweet rewards.

Edited by Kell