Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lineage II anyone?

innadril

It's my favorite MMO and a great PvP title, so I was wondering if anyone else played it.

I played since C2 until H5 (uncontinuous) and stopped playing "actual version" once Goddess of Destruction arrived...

I chill from time to time now in Interlude servers and I'm waiting for Innova and NCSoft to release Lineage 2 Classic in Europe (already working in Korea and Russia)

I heard about the Legacy servers in Korea, I may give it a whirl if they bring it to NA.  Lineage 2's launch is actually what pulled me away from Shadowbane in the first place, with that one contest that whoever got to level 40 first won an Alienware deskstop (waits, looks around).. playing Archeage has ruined me lol.  I loved L2 and played it much harder than I ever did Shadowbane, all the way up until CT1, then relegated myself to private servers after that point. 

Don't get me wrong tho, SB's stil my first love.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

I played the game in beta and for like 2 months when it first came out...

holy smokes, the grind was unbearable... to this date I dunno why I even bothered back in the day.

Then, when SB circled down the drain, around the time when we were given those last 3 servers and CN alrdy ruined 2 of them, I called it quits with SB.

DF was still a cpl years away, so I was looking for a L2 free-shard

And I found one. That server was probably the best run private server I've ever played on (and I played on a poorly made socksload of UO freeshards ;) I tried them all, hehe).

So in the end I stayed on that server for nearly a year. 400+ players online simultaneously at all times.

They implemented arenas (CTF, GvG, King of the Hill) and ran those every 2 hours. You could win medals and buy your S-Grade gear with. So no raid bosses and none of that poorly made socks.

I PvP'ed all day :D Sagittarius hero for 5 months.

Was a good time.

then DF got released and I quit

I played from beta to a few months post launch. I participated in the first castle seige on Devienne (I think thats the name) server. I have a video someone made if anyone is interested. Though I'd have to figure out where it can be hosted.

And yeah the grind. I made it to lvl 50 and said f this.

• 2 weeks later...

Lineage 2 to me was the next best thing to Shadowbane. It never had Shadowbane complex character builds, but the sieges and pvp was just as good. And the PvE was on a epic size scale.

Year 2003, Lineage 2 and Shadowbane.... I didn't sleep much.

People like to describe Shadowbane as the pinnacle of GvG fighting.

I like to describe Lineage II as the pinnacle of grinding lol  delf1_3.gif

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

People like to describe Shadowbane as the pinnacle of GvG fighting.

I like to describe Lineage II as the pinnacle of grinding lol  delf1_3.gif

No doubt L2 had it's grind, but it's GvG was just as good.

I played Lineage 2 on and off for years.  I loved the setting. Loved my class.  Hated the grind.

I played a blade dancer to level 55- 60 or so and finally quit.  I loved just going out and exploring in that game and a part of me wants to check it out again.

But my God that Grind.  And the perpetually being broke because Soul Shot S was freaking Expensive. 

I am playing it right now o.O

The free version that is. 

I played the real version from BETA on and on for years, but never managed to get above lvl 65 with my Abyss Walker many other characters about 60ish, though.

There were some good things about the game, but god damn the grind is unlike any other. I moved to playing on private servers with massive experience and loot amplification, though those servers were usually riddled with problems, including massive donator advantages.

loved the grind in early l2, hate how everything got casualed down for westerners from that point on, i mean its fine if there are some games that are "play 2 days to get max lvl", but its not fine if every single game is like that. at least darkfall 1 was similar to that, there was a big grind, but it didn't really reach l2-grindlevel. also you could kinda fight endgame mobs already very early, the grind was just maxing out most skills and crafting, which you didn't really need for pve, just pvp.

the whole concept of "the game begins when everyone is max lvl and everyone is the same so its fair" doesn't really couple well with an RPG character progression. l2 was really unique in that you just grinded and grinded for years and never really were maxed out, and it was never really boring because you could always die and lose XP and items, "train" mobs to other players to get them killed, dodge other players trains and so on, and when u moved on to a new area with new mobs and loot, it was really something special, not like nowadays, where you just jump through the whole content in 1 or 2 days and then just do the same stuff over and over again until they release some content patch in 6 months, which gives u another day of new content. i get it, most players are casual, but why is there not a single game that caters more to people who want some more meaningful character progression, besides working on your playerskill. l2 maybe really lacked in the pvp department, considering how you basically just spammed one button (at least in early l2), but pvp was still exiting because there were death penalties, which is a rare thing nowadays too.

l2 grind was never a bother for me i liked every part of it probably because my guild/friends in that game was irreplaceable and pvp(not just gvg we liked to hunt people trying to ks our farm slot and most of the time turned into guild  fights where some of us had lost some decent exp.... still good memories) was one of the best for me atleast. i could never point out why it was better than the games i played after that but its probably along the lines of eveyone having that 1-2 games that were absolutely better than rest in your memories

loved the grind in early l2, hate how everything got casualed down for westerners from that point on, i mean its fine if there are some games that are "play 2 days to get max lvl", but its not fine if every single game is like that. at least darkfall 1 was similar to that, there was a big grind, but it didn't really reach l2-grindlevel. also you could kinda fight endgame mobs already very early, the grind was just maxing out most skills and crafting, which you didn't really need for pve, just pvp.

the whole concept of "the game begins when everyone is max lvl and everyone is the same so its fair" doesn't really couple well with an RPG character progression. l2 was really unique in that you just grinded and grinded for years and never really were maxed out, and it was never really boring because you could always die and lose XP and items, "train" mobs to other players to get them killed, dodge other players trains and so on, and when u moved on to a new area with new mobs and loot, it was really something special, not like nowadays, where you just jump through the whole content in 1 or 2 days and then just do the same stuff over and over again until they release some content patch in 6 months, which gives u another day of new content. i get it, most players are casual, but why is there not a single game that caters more to people who want some more meaningful character progression, besides working on your playerskill. l2 maybe really lacked in the pvp department, considering how you basically just spammed one button (at least in early l2), but pvp was still exiting because there were death penalties, which is a rare thing nowadays too.

^this^ 

This is why I loved the early chronicles L2, this is why I'm dying to get L2 Classic in Europe (they will never bring it here because of the casual playerbase).

The problem with new MMOs is that all are the same casual, the same easy, the same noob-friendly crap, where you are same rewarded playing your ass to death 10h a day than the one who logs 1h a day to do his dailies. It's not unfair that I have better stuff than you because I have more time to play, it's unfair we have the same when I work the hell out of my life to get my stuff and others can get it almost just for logging into the game.

The only thing I don't like from Crowfall is that it seems to have 0 grind and it's more like an "instant action" MOBA thing.

I miss the "grind your life to death" playstyle, I'll keep hoping for L2Classic while waiting for Lineage Eternal and Crowfall.

l2 grind was never a bother for me i liked every part of it probably because my guild/friends in that game was irreplaceable and pvp(not just gvg we liked to hunt people trying to ks our farm slot and most of the time turned into guild  fights where some of us had lost some decent exp.... still good memories) was one of the best for me atleast. i could never point out why it was better than the games i played after that but its probably along the lines of eveyone having that 1-2 games that were absolutely better than rest in your memories

That's why I love the Lineage universe and it's my all-time fav game. Some of the best memories in my life.

Well i played it and liked it alot and i have to say im excited about lineage eternal  :)

^ Me too!

Edited by innadril

just to correct you its not instant action moba and i expect it to be grindy (not as much as L2) it just doesnt have toon lvls but have skill lvls(check UO one of the most classical examples i can give from games i played) so there is some kind of lvl and there is some kind of progress just no direct number about what your toons general strength lvl is (maybe there will be total skill lvl avarage skill lvl not sure)

just to correct you its not instant action moba and i expect it to be grindy (not as much as L2) it just doesnt have toon lvls but have skill lvls(check UO one of the most classical examples i can give from games i played) so there is some kind of lvl and there is some kind of progress just no direct number about what your toons general strength lvl is (maybe there will be total skill lvl avarage skill lvl not sure)

Perhaps there's still hope for the grind :_) An instant action MOBA-like gameplay would turn the game into a casual pvp one. And we like pvp, but no casual.

Perhaps there's still hope for the grind :_) An instant action MOBA-like gameplay would turn the game into a casual pvp one. And we like pvp, but no casual.

read other topics in forum you will understand you were worried for no reason