Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

03/23/15 - $1.4 Million - Minotaur's Announced!

$1.4 million? Really?! It seems like just the other night we were posting an update to thank you for hitting $1.3 million!

Oh! That's because... we did!

We have officially gathered over $1.4 million in pledges for Crowfall. This amazing number means that we can now include the God's Reach (3 faction) rules set to the core module, and it means that the "Artifacts and Relics" system is a GO!

AND it looks like we're going to need a new stretch goal!

So, at $1.5 million, we're adding "the Infected" ruleset + bonus "Minotaur " archetype!

The Infected ruleset is the multi-faction system that supports the War-of-the-Gods: 12 factions, one for each God, warring for supremacy of a Campaign World. We've really looking forward to having this ruleset and we REALLY hope you guys will support us to make it happen sooner, rather than later!

...AND in addition to that, we're going to take this opportunity to add another Archetype to the mix: the Minotaur! As some of you already know, we're big fans of the Bullmen around here. (And no, not just because of our close proximity to UT Austin.) The Minotaur Myrmidon  was an archetype that we wanted at launch... but for cost reasons, we cut him. At $1.5 million, we're going to change that.

Crowfall_MymidonConcept.jpg

And as a special "thank you" to our VIP members (which, thanks to the unlocked 13,000 backer reward means ALL of you!) we're going to give you a 1-month head start on creating characters of this type.

As always, thank you SO MUCH for making this happen, and please keep spreading the word about Crowfall!

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Artifacts and Relics you say?  

On the Minotaur early start for VIP customers:  For all new archetypes beyond the initial 12 offered, VIP customers will get a one month head start in using a character slot for those archetypes.  For

$1.4 million? Really?! It seems like just the other night we were posting an update to thank you for hitting $1.3 million!   Oh! That's because... we did!   We have officially gathered over $1

And as a special "thank you" to our VIP members (which, thanks to the unlocked 13,000 backer reward means ALL of you!) we're going to give you a 1-month head start on creating characters of this type.

What do you mean?  Are saying that there will be archtypes locked until a predetermined amount of time since account activation has passed?

What do you mean?  Are saying that there will be archtypes locked until a predetermined amount of time since account activation has passed?

I hope it doesn't mean you get 1 month of insta skill ups.

rSHxVEY.gif

If I recall correctly, Shadowbane actually did this at launch. Pre-orders got a 3-month head start on Minotaurs and another race.

ncLez59.png

I am pretty sure it means no one but KS backers can create a minotaur for one month.

Or anyone else who pays for VIP at launch. Backers already start with at least a month.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam

Now that you mention it, I do remember their being something funky about the Minotaur at launch. The wording at the end really caught me for a loop too. 

This archetype only? Why would you launch a character creator and include only one archetype. What possible purpose would that serve.

Need to refine that sentence/post IMO.

Great new stretch goal, while not my cup of tea (please add wizard archtype) I'm glad to see a new archtype added and look forward to fighting beside and against them. The big thing for me is the infected rule set, a 12 sided war sounds insanely cool.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam