Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

03/23/15 - $1.4 Million - Minotaur's Announced!

Excited about the new rulesets n' relics n' stuff. For whatever reason cow men don't do anything for me, despite being an insufferable furry. I guess it's because we already have centaurs and elkin, both of which are hooved manimals, but I understand why you chose minos for the next archetype ACE. You're Texans, they were in Shadowbane, WoW has forever desensitized the gaming population to playing sentient steaks, and you're accustomed to wading through huge piles of bullcrap. Me, I'm happy with my centaurs, but I hope we can get minotaurs too. They'll be a welcomed addition to a game that features so many large bearded men and a hunger mechanic.

Next stretch goal: female minotaurs (gr8b8)   

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

Super happy about the more rulesets! It looks like this tier will add a lot of rewards to the game! Would be awesome if we get the 1.5 million for the Minotaur as well!

On the Minotaur early start for VIP customers:  For all new archetypes beyond the initial 12 offered, VIP customers will get a one month head start in using a character slot for those archetypes.  Fortunately all the Kickstarter backers already got a month of VIP included as an earlier backer reward!

Honestly thats kinda sad. Obviously it makes less difference in your passive training model but I still don't like the feeling of being more advanced because I pay.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

Now we're talking!

God's Reach and tax free parcel was very important to me, a stepping stone towards the middle rulesets I really want to see. Myrmidon and Infected coming up?

Time to finally boost my pledge a bit.

That minotaur concept art is  gorgeous looking..I hope it is the first monster of many to embelish the strategic depths of combat.

I'd like it if the minotaur has the power to drive enemies insane so the amount of friendly fire of the enemy is increased.

But with all the relics and uber sexy minotaur I feel like a spoiled little brat as it is.

All together Infected rules + minotaur :wub: .A wise choice monsieur  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczPDGC3f8U&t=73

Nice, but I am surprised that The Infected Campaign Ruleset was prioritized over The Shadow Campaign Ruleset since I would have thought a lot of players would be into Guild v Guild ...

GvG is in Dregs already, don't mistake FFA for solo play. Anyway, love the minotaurs but I am not sure about the headstart!

y9tj8G5.png

GvG is in Dregs already, don't mistake FFA for solo play. Anyway, love the minotaurs but I am not sure about the headstart!

Personally I like the idea of environmental damage affecting all players caught by it because that's realistic but from a game play design perspective I would not have friendly fire skill damage affect guild mates in The Shadow guild vs guild campaign worlds whereas I would allow it in The Dregs player vs player campaign worlds.  If that were the case then if I want to play with Guild mates (who may follow different gods and therefore not be on the same side in The Gods' Reach or in The Infection) then the campaign worlds we would go to would be in The Shadow.  A big part of the Eternal Kingdoms is the shared / co-op / guild kingdom and guilds are fundamental social MMO constructs so they need to be supported by game play elements.  The Eternal Kingdoms do not have GvG sieges so IMHO it would be a mistake to launch Crowfall without The Shadow worlds which is the position we are in now because there's no funding to get them in game by launch.

Agree wrt the minotaurs - one of my characters will be one for sure when they make it in game  :)

With the different rulesets just being a mere $100k from each other I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the ongoing funding AFTER the end of the KS (which has already been confirmed as slated) won't accumulate enough money to see Crowfall start without all 4 of them.

They go the same route as Camelot Unchaine goes. And CU raised another million if not more since their KS ended.

With the current media coverage Crowfall got (which is bigger than CU got back then) I'm perfectly sure we end up somewhere near this amount after the same time if not more.

Edited by Angier

Woohooo! Lets get those Minotaurs on the battlefield asap! Gz on sucessfully hitting the goals last night and hopefully before we're done the next 48 hours doubles the initial goal!

ohhhhh.... playable dragons......... I still play Istaria on occasion

I finally stopped playing/paying two years ago... I was paying a yearly subscription for anywhere from 5-10 days of play, per year, just to keep the lair I about killed myself making from being reclaimed.

At the end no one I really know had been on in over a year, and all I got in response to the post on the guild forums was 'meh' - so I walked away. Sad really - I'd been on "Order", on and off, since its inception.

Minotaurs! Called it!

Hillbilly, you got your undead Minotaur. 

Now we need Nightstalker as a Discipline, instead of a Promotion class.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I would love to play a minotaur, and not just because of my love of labyrinths.

Perfect EK game. A labyrinth with a Minotaur in it. Find the randomly placed rewards before he finds you.

Edit - Actually a maze would work better.

Edited by Hax

Nice work! 

And where's the excitement for Infected ruleset??  Don't let me cheer over here in the corner by myself.  I made all these flags dedicated to Kane after all..... :ph34r:

Lords of the Dead confirmed to Kane/Chaos Faction!

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Will minotaurs totally cannibalize the champions or vice versa (the latter is unlikely)? Will one one other the classes be a total waste which nobody is going to play ? Is there really a point in having another large heavy melee class ?

In the character poll thread with like 450 votes, champions rank by far the lowest behind other archetypes, now their popularity will be punished even more. So why waste devlopment effort on something that is not going to be used ?

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2322-which-archetype-do-you-currently-like-the-most/page-11

I do realise that we know very little if anything about archetypes mechanics, but these are valid concerns imo.

It depends on how they balance them. In SB there was a comparable race called Half Giant. Before it was nerfed, it was a viable alternative to Minotaur. At the end though you are somewhat right. They were hardly ever played.

That being said, it will largely depend on the promotion classes and what they offer. I would hope Champion is not dead out of the gate.