Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheen

Vip Minotaurs...

I have some concerns with the new 1.5million stretch goal.  I do not think an entire archetype should have any sort of headstart associated with it on live release.  I assume that people who purchase VIP tokens will get access to this, but requiring players to do this to get access to an entire archetype is kind of skirting on that pay 2 win line.

I'd really like ACE to reconsider giving people a headstart on an entire archetype and just opening it up to everyone once they hit the stretch goal.

I think you seriously misread the update...

"And as a special "thank you" to our VIP members (which, thanks to the unlocked 13,000 backer reward means ALL of you!) we're going to give you a 1-month head start on creating characters of this type. "

"And as a special "thank you" to our VIP members (which, thanks to the unlocked 13,000 backer reward means ALL of you!) we're going to give you a 1-month head start on creating characters of this type. "

I don't exactly see how this is pay to win? Anyone that backed the campaign, gets access to a different type of character before other people. May I remind you that it will eventually be accessible to everyone. Also, by that logic wouldn't anyone that gets alpha/beta access, be using the "pay2win" system?

What does this equate to really if you're one of the people who don't like it, one campaign? It certainly is a way to get people to buy vip that's for certain

It's also a way to start hovering on the pay2win line when people have to pay to open up archetypes or else they are left sitting behind. 

I don't exactly see how this is pay to win? Anyone that backed the campaign, gets access to a different type of character before other people. May I remind you that it will eventually be accessible to everyone. Also, by that logic wouldn't anyone that gets alpha/beta access, be using the "pay2win" system?

If the game is live, and VIPs get access to an entire archetype 1month ahead of non-vips.  That is a pay2win mechanic.

What would alpha or beta have to do with pay2win, they aren't going to carry over progression from alpha or beta into launch i'd assume.

Doesn't matter, got 6 years of VIP.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

If the game is live, and VIPs get access to an entire archetype 1month ahead of non-vips.  That is a pay2win mechanic.

What would alpha or beta have to do with pay2win, they aren't going to carry over progression from alpha or beta into launch i'd assume.

It is only pay-to-win if they are at all better than other archetypes.

Rabble-rouser

forum freakout, page 1

I do not believe it spells doom for the game or will make it unplayable.  I do not however want to see them start using VIP for things that so directly impact in game play.  Like an entire archetype. 

It is only pay-to-win if they are at all better than other archetypes.

I expect minotaurs to have some of the best starting stats but the least ability to change things around or else be very narrow in their promotion options.

Also, they probably require more food/warmth than centaurs.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

I do not believe it spells doom for the game or will make it unplayable.  I do not however want to see them start using VIP for things that so directly impact in game play.  Like an entire archetype. 

Shadowbane had Minotaur and Aracoix races locked for a while at launch. It was fine.

This is not new and not terrible.

It's 1 month to start the game, and you may have noticed that everyone who backs the KS gets at least 1 month of VIP, so everyone who backs the KS can play a minotaur at launch if they choose. Yes, it is an incentive for people to pay for VIP. There needs to be reasons for people to spend money on VIP. If people don't want to spend that money, they can simply wait 1 extra month to play that archetype. They still have 12 others to choose from.