Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheen

Vip Minotaurs...

Your argument is based on hyperbole and conjecture, but yet you seem intent on dragging this thread out to an indefinite amount of pages saying the same thing over and over.

A better thing would be, what should a player get who pays VIP? Nothing? By your arguments anything given in return for a paid transaction is p2w. Maybe it is, but it should be.

We are all saying so what...VIP should offer somethig in return otherwise we are giving money for nothing.

Should you go out to dinner and expect to get a free meal because having to pay for a meal is unfair to those who don't want to pay? That is idiocracy.

Nope it's based on neither of those.  It is very cleary conveyed by ACE that they will be putting new archetypes behind this paywall.  That is not conjecture, nor is it hyperbole. 

If you expect in game power for paying extra you really aren't the type of gamer that's looking for a legitimate challenge. 

Sounds like OP doesn't know what Pay2Win means.  Pay2Win is spending real money on something that has a clear and distinct advantage you must pay real money for.  There is plenty of microtransaction minopoorly made socks that goes on in plenty of games out there *coughArcheAgecough* to some extent but pay to win has a distinct and obvious line.  It's very binary.  There's a lot of Pay for Convenience out there and there's room to make arguments and establish sensible boundaries there, but a backer bonus like that isn't pay to win at all.

Nope it's based on neither of those.  It is very cleary conveyed by ACE that they will be putting new archetypes behind this paywall.  That is not conjecture, nor is it hyperbole. 

If you expect in game power for paying extra you really aren't the type of gamer that's looking for a legitimate challenge. 

I swear I read this same quote a few times over in this thread.

The fact you replied so quickly shows you are only in this for the post counts and attention.

Move on dude. No one cares about what you think is or isn't P2W.

I invite you to ignore me...I know I will utilize that feature...and guess what, it was actually free, so no P2W there, but if I did have to pay for it, it would totally be worth it.

I hate that I fell for this petty attempt to drag people into a one sided debate.

Sounds like OP doesn't know what Pay2Win means.  Pay2Win is spending real money on something that has a clear and distinct advantage you must pay real money for.  There is plenty of microtransaction minopoorly made socks that goes on in plenty of games out there *coughArcheAgecough* to some extent but pay to win has a distinct and obvious line.  It's very binary.  There's a lot of Pay for Convenience out there and there's room to make arguments and establish sensible boundaries there, but a backer bonus like that isn't pay to win at all.

Sounds like you don't understand what pay2win is actually.  Archeage is very heavily considered pay2win.  Also winning itself is subjective. 

pay2win =! pay2winforeveratalltimesineveryscenario. 

I swear I read this same quote a few times over in this thread.

The fact you replied so quickly shows you are only in this for the post counts and attention.

Move on dude. No one cares about what you think is or isn't P2W.

I invite you to ignore me...I know I will utilize that feature...and guess what, it was actually free, so no P2W there, but if I did have to pay for it, it would totally be worth it.

I hate that I fell for this petty attempt to drag people into a one sided debate.

You accused me of hyperbole, inaccurately mind you, and then you make hyperbolic claims like "no one cares what you think is or isn't p2w" . 

The rest of this post i'll let slide as it is quite petty as well. 

Ya can someone explain why we get a month "ahead"? Will the Minotaur be released post-launch and we just get it a month early or will it be available at launch but doesn't go public until a month after launch?

The minotaur as well as every other archetype will have 1month headstart for vips.  The minotaur will come with launch assuming we hit the stretch goal.  VIPs at launch (anyone that pays for vip or backed the game and got VIP rewards) will have access to it, those that do not have VIP will have to wait a month to have access to it.

The minotaur as well as every other archetype will have 1month headstart for vips.  The minotaur will come with launch assuming we hit the stretch goal.  VIPs at launch (anyone that pays for vip or backed the game and got VIP rewards) will have access to it, those that do not have VIP will have to wait a month to have access to it.

Only archetypes including and after the minotaur, not those before. 

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."

Hmmm.  At first glance, it feels like P2W. 

But after reading the thread and rereading the goal I don't think it's actually P2W.  It's more fun to have access to additional archetypes yes, but as Adall said unless the minotaurs are drastically better than all other archetypes there's actually nothing wrong here.

I can see where the concern came from but it doesn't bear up under scrutiny. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Hmmm.  At first glance, it feels like P2W. 

But after reading the thread and rereading the goal I don't think it's actually P2W.  It's more fun to have access to additional archetypes yes, but as Adall said unless the minotaurs are drastically better than all other archetypes there's actually nothing wrong here.

I can see where the concern came from but it doesn't bear up under scrutiny. 

Would I be wrong to assume you are not a min/maxer?  From a min/maxers pov putting archetypes in headstart paywalls raises some pretty big red flags. 

Character slots literally have zero relevance to any of this. 

Do they not? Being able to have more different characters allows you to choose the best class against what you are facing in an encounter. Having more character slots fits the "more cards in the deck" analogy so very nicely.

List of VIP perks:

“Passive training” (automatic skill advancement) for 3 of your characters
Priority access to all game servers 
Discount pricing on any purchases 
Minotaurs (for 30 days)

Somehow Minotaurs are the OP thing on that list.  It is crazy.   :rolleyes: 

Edited by Decoy

Do they not? Being able to have more different characters allows you to choose the best class against what you are facing in an encounter. Having more character slots fits the "more cards in the deck" analogy so very nicely.

That would only be in the case of multiple of your characters being in the same campaign, which ACE has said will probably be possible but will force serious disadvantages on you.

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."

List of VIP perks:

“Passive training” (automatic skill advancement) for 3 of your characters

Priority access to all game servers 

Discount pricing on any purchases 

Minotaurs (for 30 days)

Somehow Minotaurs are the OP thing on that list.  It is crazy.   :rolleyes:

And it isn't just minotaurs. It's having exclusive access to them. FOR ONE MONTH. 

And it isn't just minotaurs. It's having exclusive access to them. FOR ONE MONTH. 

Everything else on that list is exclusive as well.  FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH!   :lol:

Everything else on that list is exclusive as well.  FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH!   :lol:

Yeah, my point was that having minotaur there for 1 month is stupid to complain about. But there are obviously some people who disagree with that, so meh. 

Wait if I am reading what you are saying correctly, it means that if you buy the game (but not VIP, assuming your say not a backer) you can't play until a month after launch? How does that make sense? I can see if a certain archetype (specifically a KS reward) is locked but not EVERY archetype. Or else it is just a month early start for VIP players and not a real "launch". Plus why does a 1 month headstart matter then, wouldn't the people who didn't back just go into a new campaign that is starting opposed to the campaigns that we would already have been in for a month?

Edited by tarzan525