Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheen

Vip Minotaurs...

1 month. How long are the higher KS tiers going to be playing beta or even alpha before the rest of the world gets to play?  That makes the whole KS rewards a P2W in some of your eyes too I bet.

Additionally, what if ACE doesn't give anyone access to Minos until GOLD?  Then 1 month after gold, non-VIPers that start on day one get access.  

While I'm playing the poorly made socks out of my mino, you're leveling the hell out of your Duelist.  Now you have an advantage over me since you'll have a higher level duelist than I could since I'm focused on my mino.  Some KS backers will have 6 slots with 3 passive training going the whole time and you want to gripe about a one-month delay or pay $15 for VIP sub?  How about the fact that you could have saved yourself $10 by getting in on the KS at bottom tier to get your VIP status which gives the mino.  Your lack of thinking it through isn't reason to punish everyone.  If you can't afford the $5, I get it, but why are you wanting to spend $50 for a game that you're going to gripe about anyway?

1 month. How long are the higher KS tiers going to be playing beta or even alpha before the rest of the world gets to play?  That makes the whole KS rewards a P2W in some of your eyes too I bet.

Additionally, what if ACE doesn't give anyone access to Minos until GOLD?  Then 1 month after gold, non-VIPers that start on day one get access.  

While I'm playing the poorly made socks out of my mino, you're leveling the hell out of your Duelist.  Now you have an advantage over me since you'll have a higher level duelist than I could since I'm focused on my mino.  Some KS backers will have 6 slots with 3 passive training going the whole time and you want to bugger about a one-month delay or pay $15 for VIP sub?  How about the fact that you could have saved yourself $10 by getting in on the KS at bottom tier to get your VIP status which gives the mino.  Your lack of thinking it through isn't reason to punish everyone.  If you can't afford the $5, I get it, but why are you wanting to spend $50 for a game that you're going to bugger about anyway?

Someone doesn't understand the principle behind this kind of monetization and what it leads to. 

Someone doesn't understand the principle behind this kind of monetization and what it leads to. 

Someone doesn't understand that he should throw in $5 and quit whining.  If you have this much of a problem over an archetype that no one has played yet or seen any details on, then maybe it's not the game for you.  For all we know, minos are stronger, but have 0 points to spend so you have to take a bunch of disadvantages just to make a decent character.  If I were you, I'd be more concerned about all those people that spent money to help get it off the ground that will get to play alpha and beta long before you even see the installation screens.

Someone doesn't understand that he should throw in $5 and quit whining.  If you have this much of a problem over an archetype that no one has played yet or seen any details on, then maybe it's not the game for you.  For all we know, minos are stronger, but have 0 points to spend so you have to take a bunch of disadvantages just to make a decent character.  If I were you, I'd be more concerned about all those people that spent money to help get it off the ground that will get to play alpha and beta long before you even see the installation screens.

Ok buddy thanks for the input but that isn't the issue here. 

Ugh, every time someone quotes Sheen I have to see his comments...which I long ago ignored.

Let's face it...no one is this obtuse to argue the same point over and over and over ad nauseam... Are they?

This thread has been the worst case of t r o l l baiting ever, but honestly one of the best since it is now into it's 15th page. He does a good job of pulling new blood into his same old tired and without warrant argument. Please...let this thread die. Hopefully it is a painful death, but it needs to die.

Someone is always going to find a way to make a game P2W. Be it the devs, entrepreneurs, or flat-out cheaters.  Leveling services (active training more productive than passive), resources for cash (even if devs ban it, someone will find a way), or even preferential sales in-campaign of equipment to "members" of a club.  Someone will find a way to make cash off of it.

Even scarier - what if the Minos aren't able to enter some of the worlds for lack of having a god they represent (12 gods, 13 archetypes).

[...]

Please...let this thread die. Hopefully it is a painful death, but it needs to die.

But @Kell, some of us have nothing better to do that to feed the trolls (or be the trolls).  Grab some cheese popcorn and enjoy the fun.  This thread has been the highlight of my long day at work.

Edited by ctelth2

Someone is always going to find a way to make a game P2W. Be it the devs, entrepreneurs, or flat-out cheaters.  Leveling services (active training more productive than passive), resources for cash (even if devs ban it, someone will find a way), or even preferential sales in-campaign of equipment to "members" of a club.  Someone will find a way to make cash off of it.

Even scarier - what if the Minos aren't able to enter some of the worlds for lack of having a god they represent (12 gods, 13 archetypes).

But @Kell, some of us have nothing better to do that to feed the trolls (or be the trolls).  Grab some cheese popcorn and enjoy the fun.  This thread has been the highlight of my long day at work.

I dont mind a good t r o l l thread, but repeating the same thing as an argument gets a little... silly as custard (to be nice)

That type of logic is flawed.  Someone is always going to find a way to hack too, doesn't mean you should encourage hacking.  MMORPGs that have too many p2w mechanics don't generally fare so well, especially in western markets. 

I dont mind a good t r o l l thread, but repeating the same thing as an argument gets a little... silly as custard (to be nice)

It's pretty easy to disparage someone that you disagree with, it's not very classy though. 

For reference, ignore settings are in your profile (under "edit my profile"), not the profile of the person you want to ignore. Thanks Kell!

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Ugh, every time someone quotes Sheen I have to see his comments...which I long ago ignored.

Let's face it...no one is this obtuse to argue the same point over and over and over ad nauseam... Are they?

This thread has been the worst case of t r o l l baiting ever, but honestly one of the best since it is now into it's 15th page. He does a good job of pulling new blood into his same old tired and without warrant argument. Please...let this thread die. Hopefully it is a painful death, but it needs to die.

Yeah ignore functions need to make it so you can't even see that they posted. Otherwise its just kind of passive aggressive and not actually serving the proper function.

I know I keep asking this, but I'm still waiting to hear what advantage is offered to a player through horizontal progression that makes him so much more powerful in combat than another player...

More cards to choose from in my deck is an advantage.  More characters that are progressed to choose from is an advantage.  Just because you can acquire vip tokens in game doesn't mean their existence isn't pay to win.  Some could even say the fact that players can sell subs for in game benefit is a pay to win mechanic. 

You know, we should just remove passive training altogether.  

It isn't fair that someone who starts the game in 2017 will be behind in training compared someone who starts in 2016.  

I know I keep asking this, but I'm still waiting to hear what advantage is offered to a player through horizontal progression that makes him so much more powerful in combat than another player...

It isn't fair that someone who starts the game in 2017 will be behind in training compared someone who starts in 2016.  

That's pure pay2win is what that is 

Hyperbole will get you nowhere.  Also this game does have vertical progression, did you not know that?