Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sheen

Vip Minotaurs...

And skill matters more than anything.

League of Legends is a perfect example. You're really not at a big disadvantage for not having EVERY character. How good you are at the game is exponentially more important.

I'm a Dota man, but I've played some LoL and can verify that this is true. More characters to pick from =/= easier game, easier time. Your intelligence and strategic thinking are what are important. 

All I'm seeing from Sheen is an obtuse individual who sees the world his own way and refuses to believe any rational argument that contradicts it. I doubt we will get anywhere by continuing to post in this thread...

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."

Oh yay a P2W thread.   <_<

Maybe they will offer a compromise to the people who really hate this though by throwing in some non-Minotaur campaigns at launch.  

It that doesn't make everyone happy, nothing will.   :rolleyes:

So you think KS people should start out with more in-game power and a better deck of cards than people who just buy the box? 

But its not more power, its just more variety in the power we choose. 

I role play a wordsmith.

And skill matters more than anything.

League of Legends is a perfect example. You're really not at a big disadvantage for not having EVERY character. How good you are at the game is exponentially more important.

This is actually quite untrue at higher levels of play in LoL.  You can not simply will a champion to be viable in the meta vs top teams. 

Also LoL is a perfect example in another way.  Riot is a money making machine and we've seen the precedent they've set and how it opened into more aggressive ways to nickel and dime people.  At first champions started off with lower costs, then they slowly cranked up the cost of new champions so that now you are at a point where you are paying a heavy premium for a new champion when it comes out.

I don't like the precedent of selling direct in-game power through vip status.

Whoa, P2W screams, haven't seen those in a while.

I think someone mentioned it already, but didn't SB have a similar system?

Also, unless they're grossly OP, how is being able to play with a Minotaur "P2W"?

I mean, sure, feel free to abuse your VIP and make your Mino character, as badass as it is, I'll just to kill it with my Confessor (I like to brand my steaks).

It's more options, not more power, nothing out of the ordinary. If you want it, pay VIP. Devs ought to live off something.

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

Has there been any updates that Sheen hasn't complained about?

Yea... most of them I haven't even really talked about because they weren't relevant to me. 

This is actually quite untrue at higher levels of play in LoL.  You can not simply will a champion to be viable in the meta vs top teams. 

Dude. Skilled players can get to Challenger playing ONE Champion (and prove it regularly on streams). So yeah, it's perfectly viable to not own every champion.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

No it's unfair whether they are balanced or not because us VIPs are playing with a larger deck than others. 

That's like saying anything gotten from backing KS is unfair. You're just way overreacting, or just want attention.

Also LoL is a perfect example in another way.  Riot is a money making machine and we've seen the precedent they've set and how it opened into more aggressive ways to nickel and dime people.  At first champions started off with lower costs, then they slowly cranked up the cost of new champions so that now you are at a point where you are paying a heavy premium for a new champion when it comes out.

I don't like the precedent of selling direct in-game power through vip status.

How can you even compare LoL to CF...

In LoL and DotA, characters are supposed to be overly specialized, so they can counter and be countered (or at least have good and bad match-ups).

In CF...actually, I'll just stop fanning the flame and speculating. It might give you even more to go with. But unless they do something that much better than Knights or Templars, feel free to feel OP with your Minotaur, I guess.

I like hunting for my steak ^^

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

The size of the deck doesn't matter if you can only play one card at a time. It doesn't provide an easier method of winning, therefore it's not pay 2 win.

I don't think its necessary, but it's not p2w.

Ok let's imagine we are playing poker, and they decide to add 4 new cards for me the 6.5 of every suit.  Now they've given me many more options on what kind of hands I can play with and any good player can manipulate that into a huge advantage. 

If it was an exclusive class I'd see an issue, its just having to wait a bit longer for another option. If its that important to someone that they might not have that option, for the price of a typical MMO monthly they get it. /shrug

Time, or rather the ability to speed it up is one of the top sellers that aren't game breaking/ptw. I expected time to be one of the things VIP might give people.

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

You realize that with your month of headstart on a new minotaur character you will still only be 1 month into passive training. How do you expect this to automatically be so "win" over everyone's characters who have been passive training for possibly multiple months? It's an added bonus to backing that you get to roll a new character on a new race early, there won't be any win about it.

Dude. Skilled players can get to Challenger playing ONE Champion (and prove it regularly on streams). So yeah, it's perfectly viable to not own every champion.

They can do that in solo queue, they can't do it at the top level of play.  A champion can either work in a meta or it can't, and some just flat out don't get any time in certain metas because you can not will them to work, they just don't have the right kit in that meta. 

You realize that with your month of headstart on a new minotaur character you will still only be 1 month into passive training. How do you expect this to automatically be so "win" over everyone's characters who have been passive training for possibly multiple months? It's an added bonus to backing that you get to roll a new character on a new race early, there won't be any win about it.

How will everyone have been training for multiple months?  The advantage doesn't just persist for 1 month.  It persists until enough time has passed for your character to be equal to those that have had the head start.  Which means 1 month after a character can be fully maxed on everything. 

Minos might be an albatross until the playerbase hits skillcap, turning the archetype into a cosmetic choice that comes with a diminishing performance hit.  Wouldn't that be a PITA to this p2w conspiracy theory.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif