Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vip Minotaurs...

sheen

I'm glad they used my suggestion of VIP having early access to archetypes, disciplines, etc  :D

I'd much rather they give things like archetypes to everyone in a fair way and find more tasteful ways to make VIP attractive.

Lol, this is on page 5? Someone needs to find Sheen's wrangler.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

This is what I meant when I was talking about meaty stretch goals.  A completely new and unique archetype!

I am very happy to hear we can play as beef.  Bovine power!

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I don't see the problem as long as minotaurs are balanced.

It doesn't really matter what state of balance they are in at the time.  It's more about the precedent being set.

What sounds more attractive?  A game where everyone is dropped in on equal footing and then people rise to the top based on what they make of themselves?  Or a game where some people start off with a different set of tools? 

Where should the line be drawn?  Should they start allowing certain weapon types to only be unlocked through being VIP?  What about runes?  An entire archetype just doesn't seem right at all. 

Edited by Sheen

It doesn't really matter what state of balance they are in at the time.  It's more about the precedent being set.

What sounds more attractive?  A game where everyone is dropped in on equal footing and then people rise to the top based on what they make of themselves?  Or a game where some people start off with a different set of tools? 

Where should the line be drawn?  Should they start allowing certain weapon types to only be unlocked through being VIP?  What about runes?  An entire archetype just doesn't seem right at all. 

While being "fair" sounds nice, that ideal is already out the window thanks to the KS. It's their game and their lines to draw. As they've stated multiple times, the game/concept isn't for everyone. Those that can't handle 15k+ players that helped get the game out of the studio and into our hands having a few perks, oh well. There will be at least 15k+ of us having a blast and I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume plenty more that will come later that won't give two minataur horns if some have an extra month (after months/year+) of experience from Alpha/Beta along with all the other KS perks and post-KS perks that will be for sale and most likely will continue to be for sale after launch in some form.

We all have to draw our own lines and if ACE crosses it, time to make a decision.

Edited by Allein

A game where everyone is dropped in on equal footing and then people rise to the top based on what they make of themselves? 

What about those who come to the game well after day 1?

While being "fair" sounds nice, that ideal is already out the window thanks to the KS. It's their game and their lines to draw. As they've stated multiple times, the game/concept isn't for everyone. Those that can't handle 15k+ players that helped get the game out of the studio and into our hands having a few perks, oh well. There will be at least 15k+ of us having a blast and I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume plenty more that will come later that won't give two minataur horns if some have an extra month (after months/year+) of experience from Alpha/Beta along with all the other KS perks and post-KS perks that will be for sale and most likely will continue to be for sale after launch in some form.

We all have to draw our own lines and if ACE crosses it, time to make a decision.

Exactly, but what boggles me is why companies can't just learn to stay on the tasteful side.  They almost always seem to make that mistake of getting too greedy.

Exactly, but what boggles me is why companies can't just learn to stay on the tasteful side.  They almost always seem to make that mistake of getting too greedy.

Problem is this is totally subjective. Clearly in this thread, you are the minority. I don't totally disagree with what you are saying, at the same time it doesn't seem like a huge issue currently. Of course they could get real crazy and make taking two steps require forking over cash to the paywall or whatever, but I'll wait for that to happen before worrying. All things considered, they seem tasteful at this point. Forum badges and "thanks" aren't going to get a game funded. No they don't need to go overboard and give everyone a 5 charge instant-kill token or anything, but there needs to be a bit of incentive to be handing over hundreds/thousands of dollars. If all of a sudden I saw pledges start backing out left and right, I'd say they probably need to rethink their strategy, but appears to be going up up up. After the first month of X number of people playing particular "VIP" archetypes, I'd wager they'll switch to something else anyway and all will be good with the world.

Well said. Can anyone explain how this is PTW or giving and actual unobtainable advantage? I can't and I look for that stuff!

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

Sheen how do you feel about star citizen selling ships

Same way I feel about WoW selling level 90s for 60 dollars a pop.  The games may have cutthroat businessmen at the helm but some people obviously don't mind that.

Just want to throw out there, it currently costs a grand total of $5 to receive 1 Month VIP + Pig + Statue + 1 Month Mino Headstart + whatever else they want to toss out. Anyone that has heard about the game by this point and doesn't want to fork over $5 to support it has no room to complain down the road. Anyone that comes afterwards missed the boat. Although we don't know how goals/perks will work after the KS is over, this could continue on for months. If it is game breaking and determines campaign winners/losers, I'll be shocked, but we have a long way to go before then.

Problem is this is totally subjective. Clearly in this thread, you are the minority. I don't totally disagree with what you are saying, at the same time it doesn't seem like a huge issue currently. Of course they could get real crazy and make taking two steps require forking over cash to the paywall or whatever, but I'll wait for that to happen before worrying. All things considered, they seem tasteful at this point. Forum badges and "thanks" aren't going to get a game funded. No they don't need to go overboard and give everyone a 5 charge instant-kill token or anything, but there needs to be a bit of incentive to be handing over hundreds/thousands of dollars. If all of a sudden I saw pledges start backing out left and right, I'd say they probably need to rethink their strategy, but appears to be going up up up. After the first month of X number of people playing particular "VIP" archetypes, I'd wager they'll switch to something else anyway and all will be good with the world.

The problem with that is that when people pledge money they often gravitate to perks, because it benefits them so you would have to go pretty far beyond the line to bug them in the "perks being too much"  department.

I don't see the problem as long as minotaurs are balanced.

Exhibit A. Minotaurs create the current metagames best spec group. Clan A has all its members with VIP, Clan B has no VIP members. Clan A has access to the current best spec group available, clan B does not.

Pay-to-Access is borderline "pay-to-win", while it does not guarantee success, it may assist in doing so tremendously. Take Planetside 2, eventually you'll unlock all the weapons available. The issue is, until you do, you're going to be behind. There isn't a single faction starter pistol in that game that tops the unlockable pistols for example. The thing here is that a extremely good player may circumvent the problem with skill.

Personally, I am in complete agreement with Sheen here, no archetype / disc / rune / weapon set / armor set other than cosmetic changes should be available to the VIP only. It also creates an incentive to developers in form of "We need more VIP subs, buff minotaurs." (Looking at Heroes of Newerth here. "Pre-access" heroes they created were almost exclusively "out of balance" until they came available to the public, just to boost the sales of said heroes)

Edited by nehemia