Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BraveSirRobin

Archtype Lock?

From the new announcement

And as a special "thank you" to our VIP members... we're going to give you a 1-month head start on creating characters of this type.

Does this mean some archtypes will be locked until a predetermined amount of time since account activation has passed?  Shadowbane had this at launch with Centaurs, Mino's and Aracroix.  At one month intervals those races unlocked.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

If I remember right at Shadowbane launch you had to have your account active 1 month to create Centaurs, 2 month for minos and 3 mo nths for Aracroix (birdmen).  You could pay to unlock them early.  It pretty much looks like that may be going on here again.

From the wording, it sounds like from the start of the game, rather than the start of your account. So if you begin playing 6 months after launch, you don't have to wait a month to play a Mino. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I got.

From the wording, it sounds like from the start of the game, rather than the start of your account. So if you begin playing 6 months after launch, you don't have to wait a month to play a Mino. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I got.

Maybe so.  I wonder what, if any of the other archtypes are slated to be locked at release.

Maybe so.  I wonder what, if any of the other archtypes are slated to be locked at release.

Probably, no wonder they're using SB as a model here. The question is how many archetypes will be VIP-only at launch.

I wouldn't mind just the minotaur, plus 1 for each new expansion.

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

Probably, no wonder they're using SB as a model here. The question is how many archetypes will be VIP-only at launch.

I wouldn't mind just the minotaur, plus 1 for each new expansion.

+1

On the Minotaur early start for VIP customers:  For all new archetypes beyond the initial 12 offered, VIP customers will get a one month head start in using a character slot for those archetypes.  Fortunately all the Kickstarter backers already got a month of VIP included as an earlier backer reward!

Just posted in announcements so that means only Mino's locked....for now

As one of the folks who paid the extra in SB to get all the races at the get-go - I don't see any issue with this.

I don't remember how much it was, but I seem to recall it being like $80 instead of $50 for the box. A pittance for how much fun I had, and it obviously made zero impact on the game from a pay to win point of view.

Edited by Raeshlavik

As one of the folks who paid the extra in SB to get all the races at the get-go - I don't see any issue with this.

I don't remember how much it was, but I seem to recall it being like $80 instead of $50 for the box. I pittance for how much fun I had, and it obviously made zero impact on the game.

I did the same.  then i didn't even make them I made a human ambi sword warrior lol but by god I had the OPTION if I wanted to make a Mino

Doesn't seem like a crazy advantage, and is a big reward to all Kickstarter Backers (since we're the ones who made Minotaurs possible).

And it's not even exclusive to KS backers. Later comers can always purchase VIP and get access from day one.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

It does beg the question of what other archtypes they have ready to roll out based of this statement. 

For all new archetypes beyond the initial 12 offered, VIP customers will get a one month head start in using a character slot for those archetypes.  

Other than the Mino there are only 12 archtypes still so...

Edited by BraveSirRobin

I understand your concern - I only hope that 'minotaurs' will be affected by this to be honest.

I don't like the policy to lock certain archetypes.

Crowfall is not a free to play model like WoT; and they lock unique tanks in-game which you can only open with money so go figure,

but hopefully ACE will use a different business model since Crowfall is 'pay to play'.

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Seems like theres going to be a 1month vip only lock on all Archetypes beyond the main 12... I see no problems with this, everyone that backed the ks is a vip, so they will get all the benefits. Its mainly the people that didnt back the KS that will have to buy either VIP or buy the actual Archetype at release.

This is quite normal.

I'm one of those stinky backers that never played second: one of Shadowbane. I was UTTERLY confused about this precise sentence of the bullman update. Having seen this thread I for one can say I'm pumped about the concept of staggering archetype selections.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." - Ned