Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agelmar

Forum Moderation and You

A constant with the SB community are cries of unfair and heavy handed moderation.

This has happened on EVERY forum we've been on.

Maybe, just maybe the people who are always on the banned side of the equation need to consider that they are actually the problem.

Regardless of what your mom tells you, you are not special and just because you think posts are ok does not make them ok. Just because you can't understand the reason for a ban does not mean there isn't a justified reason.

Tldr; quit whining about moderation, read the CoC, don't break the rules, keep posting. Get over yourselves. No game or community *needs* you.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

We wizards have learned good forum manners due to our multi-age game environment and now we have to model them. There are also pleasant SBers here; I've met some charming people here over the last few days. The moderators will take care of the rest.  

I'm sure J Todd doesn't want to see his new game destroyed by the player base, ya know, like Shadowbane. I'd expect that was a hard-learned and economically expensive lesson to learn, and one he doesn't need to learn again. Then there's the sophomoric mindset of a portion of the SB player base, as indicated in these forums. Those dudes are stuck in an old, unhealthy, communication paradigm where they think abuse and harassment of others is cool. 

School is in session. There are rules of comportment. Break the rules, get caught, GTF out of the classroom. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

We wizards have learned good forum manners due to our multi-age game environment and now we have to model them. There are also pleasant SBers here; I've met some charming people here over the last few days. The moderators will take care of the rest.  

I'm sure J Todd doesn't want to see his new game destroyed by the player base, ya know, like Shadowbane. I'd expect that was a hard-learned and economically expensive lesson to learn, and one he doesn't need to learn again. Then there's the sophomoric mindset of a portion of the SB player base, as indicated in these forums. Those dudes are stuck in an old, unhealthy, communication paradigm where they think abuse and harassment of others is cool. 

School is in session. There are rules of comportment. Break the rules, get caught, GTF out of the classroom. 

Just a warning: this type of attitude will get players like yourself griefed in game pretty hard by people who like to get a rise out of others. That is, unless this game ends up being moreso like wiz101 without any driving conflict.

I know people who got banned for using the censored f word on these forums, difference between them and you is that you will more like get away with it but the shadowbane guys will get banned

Just a warning: this type of attitude will get players like yourself griefed in game pretty hard by people who like to get a rise out of others. That is, unless this game ends up being moreso like wiz101 without any driving conflict.

I am obviously so scared. 

I would hope all those asshats will be run off before we actually play.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

This guy cries about shadowbane meanies and comes to Shadowbane section to talk about it.

Assumptions! I'm a lady gamer. I'm certain you haven't met many of us, but you will soon. 

I see y'all poking around in forums that aren't labeled as yours. Is there a special, secret rule just for SBers? Ooh, I just love those!

I am obviously so scared. 

I would hope all those asshats will be run off before we actually play.

If the game is going to be a game where people can "lose" as stated in the original announcement, it will be a griefers paradise. Any game like that is filled to the brim with griefers who will try to make the game unfun for other people, its just the way things are, whining about it just makes you a bigger "grief" target.

I'm stating facts; this lady gamer doesn't whine.  

I think you assume J Todd will make a new game to replace the one you broke before. Really? That makes no business sense. Nor does allowing a colony of known griefers to destroy a forum community before it's up and running. 

Wizards are here, and we're going to stay. Stereotype all you wish, offer veiled threats to the moon and back. We aren't going anywhere, except forward. 

I think you'll quickly learn that lady gamers don't submit to the old school, sexual harassment/, potty humor tactics very well, which is one reason there are moderators here now. Crowfall won't be a dudes only club. Adapt. 

I'm stating facts; this lady gamer doesn't whine.  

I think you assume J Todd will make a new game to replace the one you broke before. Really? That makes no business sense. Nor does allowing a colony of known griefers to destroy a forum community before it's up and running. 

Wizards are here, and we're going to stay. Stereotype all you wish, offer veiled threats to the moon and back. We aren't going anywhere, except forward. 

I think you'll quickly learn that lady gamers don't submit to the old school, sexual harassment/, potty humor tactics very well, which is one reason there are moderators here now. Crowfall won't be a dudes only club. Adapt. 

All that is well and nice, but playing the victim about events that never occurred aint winnin ya points. Pretty sure if the game is actually 'hardcore', itll end up with alot of carebears getting griefed to oblivion, just throwing that out there.

All that is well and nice, but playing the victim about events that never occurred aint winnin ya points. Pretty sure if the game is actually 'hardcore', itll end up with alot of carebears getting griefed to oblivion, just throwing that out there.

Typical, boring response.

Enjoy your sausage dream while it lasts. Y'all can't take this new game and break it before it even starts. 

Oh, I need some evidence, btw. Show me where I've claimed victim status? Assumption: You're one of those MRA dudes, aren't ya? 

Typical, boring response.

Enjoy your sausage dream while it lasts. Y'all can't take this new game and break it before it even starts. 

Oh, I need some evidence, btw. Show me where I've claimed victim status? Assumption: You're one of those MRA dudes, aren't ya? 

Yeah, you probably wont last when getting owned in a game.

Agelmar wants to be in the mod team really bad i can tell

Noooope. I don't hate myself enough for that awful job.

nAd1VPD.png

Seriously I think you all need to just drink some coffee and have a cookie and just be calm. Can't we just be nice or at least civil?  We ladies do like well trained warriors, where do you think we get the concept of "Knights in shining armor" from?  A chivalrous warrior..............is that so hard?

Edited by chrissy the blesser

24px5oh.jpg

Guys, she's a lady gamer, than means we have to treat her in a special way from now on, because she told us to.

Aww, so limited. 

Research the gamer demographics. Lady Gamers have fat purses, we thrive on adversity, and we are gaming more now than at any time in the past. 

Live in the old world if you like, but the future is not all about the old school dude gamer. 

Dear Wiz(t)ards (burn!),

Coming to this thread was a bad idea. When visiting a friends house and they get in an emotional family argument it is never a good idea to jump in and get involved.

My post was to the select few who actively antagonize mods and then complain about it like they've done the past decade.

It is possible to trash talk, flame, troll people, and generate hate while staying with in the CoC. Just be subtle. gummy bear symbolism, the F word, protests, and hooligan pics are going to result in bans.

nAd1VPD.png